Beginners and Beyond

March - in like a polar bear, out like a ? SunDAILIES (Read 39 times)

What a huge disappointment! The forcast went from 6-10" to 4-6" and now maybe 2" at the most. I was hoping for just one more good snow. even came home early from a trip to Chicago to get ahead of all the snow.

Nonetheless I did 3.25 on the mill at home.........we got ice instead of the snow, so didn't feel like slipping around outside.

im really hoping to get back to a regular routine with a running schedule this week. Hope to get back to 20+ weeks again soon.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Yugo18

6 recovery miles and finally a good mileage week.  I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Dailies.

Good news: The house is still standing and we are back in a day early. Better yet, the power is on! None of the neighbor's houses were damaged and there is only a bit of mud, sticks and other debris in the street. Better still, I just ran six miles in a nice cool mist. Hopefully things will get back to normal.

Great news, Jack!

Damaris

Just B.S.

Oh Beth, I commented late last night on yesterday's daily thread Re: Munich at the time of Oktoberfest if you haven't seen it.

Summary: the city itself isn't awfully crowded during that time because everyone is at the fairgrounds!

Thanks Kristin. Apparently this year half the people on the planet are attending Ocktoberfest. At least

30 hotels we looked at were fully booked and most have only a few rooms left and it's 6 months away!

Which of course has the prices for a moderate double hotel room in the ridiculous category. We found

one about 5km from downtown on a tram route so it should be fine. Plus we are planning two day trips

outside the city. We will just avoid the big beer tents full of drunk people Smile

happylily

I'd want to go to the Oktoberfest at least for one day. For the food and also to see how Germans behave when they're drunk. I bet it's funny. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Jack, I'm so glad you're ok!

Just B.S.

I'd want to go to the Oktoberfest at least for one day. For the food and also to see how Germans behave when they're drunk. I bet it's funny. 

Wonder if it's anything like Newfie's? LOL I'm used to that.

We will probably be in that area anyway checking out the museums/churches etc. We are visiting Dachau and

Nueschwanstein Castle (aka Ludwig's castle) on day trips so will fit in the city sights around all of that.

happylily

We will probably be in that area anyway checking out the museums/churches etc. We are visiting Dachau and

Nueschwanstein Castle (aka Ludwig's castle) on day trips so will fit in the city sights around all of that.

Knowing you, you will come back with the most amazing pictures ever! I hope you will share with us! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They are respectful but funny while drinking.  I had the time of my life there.  The fairgrounds are well organized and very safe.  I saw two guys getting a bit angry at each other and in 3 seconds a van full of cops appeared and peace reign.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dachau was a great visit (very sobering, though).  The castle was under construction while I was there, so I hope you get it completely uncovered to watch its beauty.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Morning!  You guys do a nice job of reminding me how lucky I am to be running in the rain with temps in the 40s. Smile  12.6 or so on tap for today.

OOTB- We continue the training/racing parallels I think.  I was also 2/20 in my AG yesterday.  Congrats on your placement- that's a lot tougher in a hilly 10K!  I was thinking about this last night.  Both of us have ended up with sort of flat tune-up runs with heavy feeling legs.  But both of us also had more than we thought and our final mile was the fastest.  Hopefully that means that the fitness is there, especially for the HM distance, and since the weekly mileage drops pretty significantly, we'll both just be able to coast on into peak form for our goal races. Smile

Tom- Soreness means you're getting a good workout. Smile

Basya- Hope you catch a break in the weather tomorrow.

Jay- Congrats on your race as well!

Zelanie -- Can you be a long lost twin sister?  Nah,  you are a lot faster than I am.  But it is eerie how parallel our training cycles have been.  Hopefully it is a happy ending for both of us for our HMs.    Mine is just 3 weeks out now.

I'm already starting to feel better just with the mileage dropping back to 44/week.  I went to the track today and did my 4X1600 intervals at 8:46; 8:45; 8:44 and 8:37 with .25 mile recovery jogs in between.   It was raining and really windy out there, but after reading the Snow Dailes, I have no cause to complain.

Life is good.

Just B.S.

Knowing you, you will come back with the most amazing pictures ever! I hope you will share with us! 

I am getting a new wide angle for my Nikon just for this trip. Expect amazing photos of the Alps from

A cable car Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Re: Germans drunk.... our favorites were a group of guys all holding to each other and wrapped around a light pole to try to keep from falling off the world.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

I went to the track today and did my 4X1600 intervals at 8:46; 8:45; 8:44 and 8:37 with .25 mile recovery jogs in between.  

Bravo, 1600 repeats are extremely difficult!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Basya I dud a sage green. It is called Irish paddock

Marjorie