Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's MonDAILY - Goodbye Olympics....Hello Spring Training !!! (Read 26 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Jerry!  What's so great about Monday...yikes?

Docket - I agree with you.  Monday can take the month off.

Mitch - That's too many 1200's...lol  I haven't even looked at my schedule yet, but I don't officially have a schedule.  I'll just look at what I haven't done in a while and do that...lol

jblack - That sounds awful.  Good luck getting your miles in.

PAD - Good luck man.  I'm rooting for you.

Kristin - This winter is here to stay.  I'm just going to concede that.  I'll miss shorts.

Bin - Rock those miles man!  Awesome.

HsM - I'm sorry, I got to the temperature and stopped.  I was afraid that the next sentence was going to be about streets paved with gold, and trees that produce bacon.  I don't usually complain about winter, but this year is the exception.

SO42 - MAN!  That would have been a great run.  So close.

AFM - I'm thinking that tonight needs to be a tempo run, but I've really been enjoying intervals lately...lol  I've decided that this is the week that I'm going to get a bit extreme about the weight loss efforts.  I can ease back into a realistic approach once I get past this habit of a little cheat here, and a little cheat there, oh crap, I haven't had a solid day of healthy eating all week and haven't lost an ounce.   I've done better at quitting tobacco, than I have healthy eating this year.  Even if I eat a vegetable, it's a vegetable with cheese and a dessert to follow...lol  I just need to buckle down.  The mileage is coming back.  I had a very productive weekend.  Plenty to be thankful for.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

SO42-- Oh my that yellow cloud sounds ominous!  I lived in AL in my mid-twenties, but I guess it didn't affect me too much back then.  Now, it'd probably be a totally different story.  Enjoy your rest day today.

I read in the mid twenties and I was like holy hell she is old, then I realized that's probably not possible and had to re-read it... It was a derp moment.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

AFM: No running for me still. Since I can't run I'll pretend I was planning 8 miles at a 7 minute pace, but was thwarted by my evil injuries.

I dream of that day.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got this from the office Friday:

And this today:

Apparently, they want my "vacation" to be over.  Very nice of them.

Damaris

SheCan

I read in the mid twenties and I was like holy hell she is old, then I realized that's probably not possible and had to re-read it... It was a derp moment.

LMFAO Jimmy!  I do that too.  I am kind of old though, to some people I guess, just not THAT old!

Awood-- I've heard that for many people just focusing on on habit at a time is easier.  And the quitting tobacco is hard one for sure.  No wonder you were having a difficult time.  Good luck now focusing on getting the eating back under control!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

I got this from the office Friday:

And this today:

Apparently, they want my "vacation" to be over.  Very nice of them.

how nice!  And omgosh, my DD would love that kitty cookie basket.  That is the cutest thing ever!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LMFAO Jimmy!  I do that too.  I am kind of old though, to some people I guess, just not THAT old!

Awood-- I've heard that for many people just focusing on on habit at a time is easier.  And the quitting tobacco is hard one for sure.  No wonder you were having a difficult time.  Good luck now focusing on getting the eating back under control!

That makes complete sense.  I'm working my butt off, but I knew I had set the bar high for January.  Well, it's almost March and it's still pretty tough.  I'll get there.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy your short run.  Has the polar vortex hit yet?  Are you all packed?

Damaris - I love that cookie basket.  Almost too pretty to eat.

Mtich - that's a lot of intervals.  Good luck.

PADRunner - I'm glad the knees work.

Jimmy - is it spring?  I hadn't noticed.  Sorry about the sinuses and allergies.

Kristin - I hope work went well and that you enjoyed your RD.

Bin - more leave?  I thought you just got back from vacation.  Good job on the double.

HM - I hope your skin issues aren't coming back.  Maybe too much sun?

SO42 - how is the ITBS?   I know about the pine pollen covering everything.  We don't have many pines here, but we do have enough to turn the cars yellow.

Cherie - that's a lot of running for the week after a marathon, especially when combined with the hiking.  Are you still planning on the ultra next month?

Awood - quitting tobacco was terrific, and I know it had to be hard.  (I quit smoking many years ago.)  I'm sure you'll do well when you focus on the weight again, especially since you're getting your mileage back.  The hard part is not using the increased mileage as an excuse to eat more.  That's what I do, which is why I'm not losing weight.  Enjoy your tempo or intervals.

AFM:  - today is supposed to be a running day. I'm dressed and ready to go, but the will is lacking.  The sun is shining but the wind is blowing hard, so 30 feels like 12.  Doable, but not ideal.  While walking Ben this morning, my right leg was killing me on the uphills, so I'm not sure whether to skip running today entirely or just stick to a 0 incline on the TM and see if I can get a few miles in anyhow.

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM - I'm sorry, I got to the temperature and stopped.  I was afraid that the next sentence was going to be about streets paved with gold, and trees that produce bacon.  I don't usually complain about winter, but this year is the exception.

Bwah hah hah!!!  I don't know, it felt pretty close!!  Shorts and a t-shirt, bare feet on the (really muddy) ground, Dusty wandering around the yard ... it was really nice!!

I don't think the highs are out of the 40's this week, though, and possible wintry  mix Wednesday morning. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Philliefan33

Hello everyone.  It's funny to read about you southerners complaining about season allergies -- we still have a good snow pack on the ground.  We did have warm temps over the weekend that melted some snow, but there is plenty left.  Now it's cold again.

Today will be a cycle day inside at the gym.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Ginny: Right now the knees feel ok, I still feel the left one going up or down stairs, we'll see how it is in another week or 2. Worst problem right now is my left foot, which is very sore from hobbling on it for 7 miles last Sunday. It's healing slow because I'm walking around on it all day, and I'm a "slow healer" anyway (Read: Old)

SheCan

Cherie - that's a lot of running for the week after a marathon, especially when combined with the hiking.  Are you still planning on the ultra next month?

AFM:  - today is supposed to be a running day. I'm dressed and ready to go, but the will is lacking.  The sun is shining but the wind is blowing hard, so 30 feels like 12.  Doable, but not ideal.  While walking Ben this morning, my right leg was killing me on the uphills, so I'm not sure whether to skip running today entirely or just stick to a 0 incline on the TM and see if I can get a few miles in anyhow.

Yes, I am Ginny.  Its just under 2 weeks away on the 8th of March.  So I didn't have too much time to lollygag about.

@ your leg killing you.   Running in the wind can be hard enough without having a sore leg to worry about too.  At least on the TM you can really pay attention to it, and try to make sure you don't make it worse.  Good luck regardless of which you decide to do.  And may your wind die down some!

Cherie

Dad on the run.

Ginny - The plants think it is spring. We have flowers blooming already! But it's suppose to get colder again the end of this week. Temps down in the high 20s and this past weekend it got up to 71... Got to love AL.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola, Penguins! Busy work day for me today as I had Friday off, been catching up all morning!

Nice weekend for me.  Did my 12th race of the year on Saturday - - https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/8bc393aef95c4aaa97f0803e2e1f51ba/resume#focus

Sunday I slept in and then went running with a couple of friends in the PM.  That might have been a mistake, as our temp here in San Antonio shot up to 85 degrees!  Our normal high for February: 62 degrees.   I like warm weather but I have to get re-acclimatized to the heat again, and this year it seems to be coming on here months earlier than usual!  With the warmer weather we opted to do trails, so had some nice shade trees to run under.  It was very nice, enjoyed running in shorts and singlet again and, of course, enjoyed seeing the ladies out there in shorts and singlets again.  We put in about 3.5 miles.  Then I drove home with the windows down, my classic rock music on, and the wind blowing through what little hair I have left.....sweet!    Today is a rest day for me, good thing, cuz I need to run some errands after work.

Wow, Jerry, I don't call 3 days to Florida a short run after work...y'all must be very speedy! 

Morning! It should be FIM, thank you very much.  And of course, Damaris, that means "Finally It's Monday"...right?    Are you even allowed to walk outside yet?

Good luck with the intervals, Mitch!

Sorry about the allergies, Jimmy.  Don't ever move to Texas, people here with allergies tell me that the allergy situation is terrible here, with all kinds of airborne pollen all over the place all year round.  Hope you feel better!

I hope your knees work, PAD!  You are way too young yet for knee replacements.

Sorry about Old Man Winter coming to bother you again, Kristin!  Good day then for you to have an SRD.  It's going to get cold for us here too - for ONE darn day...how crazy is that?   70s all this week except Wednesday, when it will be 30 in the morning and only a high of 50...then by Thursday back to the 70s.  Nutso.

Congrats on the double, Bin!  Now have a double to celebrate!

Maybe they are sun spots, HsM, since your fair skin hasn't been out in the warm for so long.  Hope you are not allergic to warm weather!

Sorry about no running still SO42!   Dang, that pollen sounds like some nasty stuff.  Hopefully, it IS pollen and not like....bird pee or something that got all stuck together when it dropped out of hundreds of birds flying in their migrating flocks...

Wow, Cherie, sounds like you earned your rest day!  How was the hiking?  Nice shiny new avatar of you...good view of those Great Legs of yours!     I am kind of old though, to some people I guess, just not THAT old!  You'll always be a spring chicken to me!  Ultra?  Good luck with that!  But...you can do it...because...you're still young and full of energy!

So what did you finally end up doing, Ginny?   Hope the leg feels better!

Happy cycling, Philly!  Sorry about the cold coming back for you, too!  You and Kristin must have the same weather.

Damaris, nice gifts from your office!  Are those 'cookie cats'?   Can you really eat those?  In your house, wouldn't that be kinda like cannibalism?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello everyone.  It's funny to read about you southerners complaining about season allergies -- we still have a good snow pack on the ground.  We did have warm temps over the weekend that melted some snow, but there is plenty left.  Now it's cold again.

Today will be a cycle day inside at the gym.

Can I start complaining that Summer started in January?  Please?  I'll send you all my heat.

Damaris