Beginners and Beyond

Moving forward SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

StepbyStep-SH

I made it 19 miles, but the last few were u-g-l-y. It's been a while since my legs have been this sore at the end of a run. Pace was OK, in the 9:30-9:45 range for the miles with my friend, and finished at about 9:48 overall (3:06 running time), but the last couple were well over 10:00 pace. I guess this is the punishment for trying to go long when I haven't been over 10 miles in almost a month.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Morning!  This afternoon I will go out for a test run of undetermined length.  Hoping I can get back to "normal" running after this!  It's definitely spring here.  It's still raining like winter but closer to the 50s and 60s so much more pleasant.

My DH went to the store last week, and whatever he bought for oats looks just like the regular rolled oats I make, but doesn't cook like them.  I had to put more water in them and they took longer, and they never really "melted" the way that my usual oats do. Maybe he got the "extra thick" kind?  Or did I just enjoy a nice bowl of cooked barley or something?

Fla- Nice miles!  Hope the rest of your day is going well!

Shari- Sounds like a good plan!  Love the flexibility!  Hope you enjoy it!

SIAR- Sounds like a good run, and I'm sure the girl appreciated the company!  Man, I would hate it if I could run 8:20s and I was still "too slow" for the group!

April- Have a good group run.  I'm glad you're getting to run with your friend.

LRB- Glad you're getting some more sunlight in the AM!

Bruce- Hope it warms up a bit before your run.

Ami- Nice job getting up that early to get the miles in!

Dave- Hoping the miles go well for you!

Phil- Sounds like a nice lazy weekend!

Luke- Have a good ride!

Dave- Hiya!

OOTB- Hope you get the miles done while it's cool!

Jess runs for bacon

5 done this morning at the group run. Took a while for me to get into the groove. My one shin has been a little cranky and my calves have been crampy so I went to the LRS to pick up compression sleeves. Got those, and two new pairs of shoes. Got a pair of purple (!) Lunar Glides and a green pair of Mirages, both on sale for $60 each. Woot woot!

Now it's nap time Smile

Ball of Fury

Morning!  This afternoon I will go out for a test run of undetermined length.  Hoping I can get back to "normal" running after this!  It's definitely spring here.  It's still raining like winter but closer to the 50s and 60s so much more pleasant.

My DH went to the store last week, and whatever he bought for oats looks just like the regular rolled oats I make, but doesn't cook like them.  I had to put more water in them and they took longer, and they never really "melted" the way that my usual oats do. Maybe he got the "extra thick" kind?  Or did I just enjoy a nice bowl of cooked barley or something?

Fla- Nice miles!  Hope the rest of your day is going well!

Shari- Sounds like a good plan!  Love the flexibility!  Hope you enjoy it!

SIAR- Sounds like a good run, and I'm sure the girl appreciated the company!  Man, I would hate it if I could run 8:20s and I was still "too slow" for the group!

April- Have a good group run.  I'm glad you're getting to run with your friend.

LRB- Glad you're getting some more sunlight in the AM!

Bruce- Hope it warms up a bit before your run.

Ami- Nice job getting up that early to get the miles in!

Dave- Hoping the miles go well for you!

Phil- Sounds like a nice lazy weekend!

Luke- Have a good ride!

Dave- Hiya!

OOTB- Hope you get the miles done while it's cool!

Zelanie:  I  was thinking the same thing about the girl in the running group!  An 8:20 GMP would be a BQ for me!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

It has been a reoccurring theme this year with wicked ass winds on weekends and today was a continuation of that.  I don't know how in the hell I completed that workout but I did!

For nearly the entire 10 miles I was out there, I was either running uphill or into the teeth of the wind.  On the few occasions where I had a nice downhill stretch, those were into the wind, WTF?!

My target paces were pretty aggressive today and at the end of several of my work-bouts I stopped to catch my breath, only to have more than a couple runners go by and say, "Come on, pick it up buddy" or "Let's go!  Let's go!" or "Be a man!".

Really?

I am hunched over trying to keep my lungs from imploding and that's what I get?  I felt like saying, "How about this, fuck you!"   lmao!

Anyway, I was not able to hit my target paces as much as I would have liked, but man that I even completed this stupid thing has to count for something!

Ladder workout:

2 x 1200's - 5:05, 5:11
            2 x 1000's - 4:09, 4:07
            2 x 800's - 3:10, 3:16
            2 x 400's - 1:32, 1:35
            2 x 200's - 40, 40
            2 x 100's - 20, 19

flarunner

It has been a reoccurring theme this year with wicked ass winds on weekends and today was a continuation of that.  I don't know how in the hell I completed that workout but I did!

For nearly the entire 10 miles I was out there, I was either running uphill or into the teeth of the wind.  On the few occasions where I had a nice downhill stretch, those were into the wind, WTF?!

My target paces were pretty aggressive today and at the end of several of my work-bouts I stopped to catch my breath, only to have more than a couple runners go by and say, "Come on, pick it up buddy" or "Let's go!  Let's go!" or "Be a man!".

Really?

I am hunched over trying to keep my lungs from imploding and that's what I get?  I felt like saying, "How about this, fuck you!"   lmao!

Anyway, I was not able to hit my target paces as much as I would have liked, but man that I even completed this stupid thing has to count for something!

Ladder workout:

2 x 1200's - 5:05, 5:11
              2 x 1000's - 4:09, 4:07
              2 x 800's - 3:10, 3:16
              2 x 400's - 1:32, 1:35
              2 x 200's - 40, 40
              2 x 100's - 20, 19

Don't you just hate it when you've been running into the wind and you turn the corner and continue to run into the wind?! Aack!

Oh, and sometimes the time might not be there, but the effort makes up for it.

Ric-G

morning all-

sounds like some good runs were completed! nice job. did an easy 5  this morning followed by a 2 mile trail hike with my family. will see the rest of my extended family tomorrow. so glad for you folks close to the events of yesterday that that portion of this is over. take care and have a good Saturday.

marathon pr - 3:16

BruceD555

Don't you just hate it when you've been running into the wind and you turn the corner and continue to run into the wind?! Aack!

Oh, and sometimes the time might not be there, but the effort makes up for it.

Yep, a lot of that on my run today and hills hills hills. Took it relatively easy ... well, at least as easy as taper allowed me.

LRB- Nice ladder there man!

Train smart ... race smarter.

B-Plus

Zelanie:  I  was thinking the same thing about the girl in the running group!  An 8:20 GMP would be a BQ for me!

My first thought was that the girl must be easy on the eyes Big grin

I have a tempo/interval workout planned for later. I woke up at 10:30, so I'm gonna drag my ass a bit more first.

Baboon

delicate flower

60 minutes done on the spin bike.  Uneventful but glad I got it done.  Sushi lunch!

<3

DavePNW

8.35 at 8:35. Just like I planned it.

Despite the cold, the wind, and the fact that I had to wear my hat which I swore I was retiring for the season, it was not too bad. At least it was sunny, which seems to make a huge difference. And while I have been feeling a lot of worrisome aches & pains through the week, maybe still recovering from last weekend's race, today felt good. Hopefully will be able to pull of a strong LR tomorrow, regardless of whatever crap Mother Nature tries to throw at us.

So DW signed us up for a Zombie 5k. Has anyone ever done one of these? I guess it's more of a novelty type thing than an actual race. Which is good because it's on a Sunday evening, so I will need to get in a LR sometime earlier in the day. But DW is doing it (she typically run/walks 5k's), and the kids will be zombies, so it will be a family thing. Could be fun or just annoying, we'll see.

Dave

alexis_run_nky

Good afternoon!

I did 3.1 miles this morning.  Longest run since the stress fracture and I felt great!  I hope everyone has a great day today!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi dailies. 11,2 for me today. Been doing housework and mailed a package. Now yard stuff.

Dave and LRB I'm not amused with the temps in Mi this coming week. I will be up to see my dad and will have to dig warmer stuff back out.

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It actually is her BQ too. That's just the marathon training part of the group. The running store crowd for Wed nights has a far wider range of paces, so it's a nice variety.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

My first thought was that the girl must be easy on the eyes Big grin

I have a tempo/interval workout planned for later. I woke up at 10:30, so I'm gonna drag my ass a bit more first.

Haha, we've had this convo about me and a girl at the running store before - not the same girl. She is pretty, but has a husband and a couple kids. She I'd bringing pizza from her family's shop next Wed...maybe this bought me an extra slice!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn