Beginners and Beyond

Moving forward SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran the Rockin the Run 5K on Fort Stewart, GA this morning.  Finished in 29:19, a new PR by 12 seconds!  Mucho happy with the effort.  Just need to be a bit more aerodynamic so getting faster won't seem so hard Joking

Here's a short video from the start of the race.  I pass by at 0:16 in red shorts, blue shirt, blue visor.  I start too far back and have to deal with many walkers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAj1-T1hc6s&feature=youtu.be

Running for TJ because he can't.

Way to go Robert!  Next stop sub 29:00.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

DavePNW

Dave and LRB I'm not amused with the temps in Mi this coming week. I will be up to see my dad and will have to dig warmer stuff back out.

Marj - we are not amused either. Where in MI is your dad?

Dave

Rondog65

Hello all,

Step by step, I agree whole heartedly and am I am proud of everyone for all they did in handling the terroristic attack.  Now it is time we remember, honor, heal and move forward.  We have those whom we need to bury, those who need to heal and we have lives that need to be lived.

Wishing everyone the best in weather, I hope spring will return once and for all.

As always I am amazed at the mileage and paces that everyone does, keep up the good work you are inspiring.

Dave hopefully you will post on the memorial run, I am sure others would like to read how it went.

Running into the wind both ways is like when my Dad told me he would walk to school up hill both ways in the snow, with holes in his shoes and he was grateful.

Robert excellent job on your PR in the 5K.  Thought we were going to see a Godzilla movie with you stomping the little boy in the army sweat shirt (Ha Ha).

Got a good 6.73 miles in today at a quick pace.  Partially overcast with no wind and 51 degrees, nice day for a run in shorts and a T-shirts (my favorite 5K shirt with the Boston BAA logo).

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

outoftheblue

Nice job on the PR Robert!

LRB -- Great paces in the wind.   Wind is tough.

It was windy on my run today, but not too awful.  It kept things cooled down at least.  17.25 miles at 10:40 in the books for me.  Now, it's on to pizza.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I ultra marathoned.

And I loved it.

The sun wanted to kill me and we got the 88F I told you about.  No shade at all for 8 hours makes you darker.  I just proved it.

Damaris

DavePNW

I ultra marathoned.

And I loved it.

The sun wanted to kill me and we got the 88F I told you about.  No shade at all for 8 hours makes you darker.  I just proved it.

Way to go D! Looking forward to the RR.

Dave

Ball of Fury

Way to go Damaris!  Good lord, that is hot!  You might be insane....just sayin'.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Robert:  Congrats on the great race and the PR!

Rick:  That's a hell of a workout.  I think if I ever tried to do Daniel's, I might actually die!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

He is in Troy. So I will be close to L RB. Won't be a long trip though.

Marj - we are not amused either. Where in MI is your dad?

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Don't you just hate it when you've been running into the wind and you turn the corner and continue to run into the wind?! Aack!

Hate it so much. Happened to me on a point to point marathon with 1,800 feet of gain. At the 25km of running

straight into 20-25mpw winds the course took a turn for about  2 miles then turned right  back into the wind for

the rest of the race.

Right at the point where I turned back into the wind there was a water table. I was so frustrated at that point that

I didn't realized yelled "are you F***** kidding me" when the wind hit my body again.

That was until one of the volunteers head whipped around to look at me.Blush  Since there were only 45 marathoners

I was the only runner in sight I couldn't even pretend like it was someone else.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Twister winds are famous in Miami.  I can run N/S/E/W in one run and get a headwind the whole time.  Ugh.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This morning I did my first 10K distance in about 6 months.   The San Antonio Road Runners Fiesta Mission 10K was quite a long haul for me, but lots of fun.  Report and photos at:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/389c9790482c41fbaf0914d250fdd66b/resume#focus

Of course, since this was a longer event, I naturally have even more photos than in a 5K report.  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, finished reading all the posts now, and I really am sorry for all of you still having cold weather and - GASP Shocked - SNOW still!  When I left the house this morning at 6:15 am for my race, it was a brisk 43 degrees - which was COLD for me, lol, I wore a sweatshirt!   Now, though (5:15 CST) it is beautiful, sunny, and nearly 70 degrees.  I sure hope all you who are dealing with it get rid of your Winter soon, seems like it has been hanging on for a lot of you!

Robert, congrats on the PR!

Damaris, congrats on your ultra!  Nice photo of you on the RW Beginners facebook page. You've lost some weight! Or maybe are really 'toned' now.  Either way, you look great!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

I made these for you guys.