Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 49 times)

LRB

Congrats on your races Blue, Tom, Tinman, Andy and Jess!

Hip Redux

Spent 4 hours at the ER this morning to get checked out after yesterday's issue - no idea WTF is going on.   But the good thing is everything "looks perfect".  So at least I'm not having a heart attack or anything.  Tongue

Oh, and GO SOX!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Spent 4 hours at the ER this morning to get checked out after yesterday's issue - no idea WTF is going on.   But the good thing is everything "looks perfect".  So at least I'm not having a heart attack or anything.  Tongue

Oh, and GO SOX!

YOU JUST READ MY MIND! I was literally opening the daily thread to ask if anyone has heard from you......glad things checked out ok I was worried about you!!! But, I am sorry you still don't have answers Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

DavePNW

Just a brief check-in....

Detroit Freep Half Marathon : 1:51:06  PR'd (by 1:50) but not completely happy with that time.  I thought I had more in me.

I need to think about this to figure out what, if anything, I did wrong.

Congrats...a PR is a PR! Enjoy it now, think about it later. I'm jealous, wish I could've been there! You certainly had perfect weather for it. Out on a regular run this morning, saw a few people wearing Detroit Marathon shirts from previous years, and I'm thinking "Why the hell are you not downtown today? (Maybe same reason as me?)"

Oh, and GO SOX!

WTF have I been missing?? I guess I need to come by the dailies more often. I hope you are OK.

Oh and BOO SOX!!

Still need to figure out who to root for in the Series. Tough to go for the Sox after they beat the Tigers, but as a Cubs fan it is tough for me to ever root for the Cardinals. I guess the perfect situation is if Tim McCarver gets a severe case of laryngitis, then I will be happy no matter who wins the games.

Dave

Hip Redux

YOU JUST READ MY MIND! I was literally opening the daily thread to ask if anyone has heard from you......glad things checked out ok I was worried about you!!! But, I am sorry you still don't have answers Sad

Awww!  I'm ok.  The thing that sucks is that I have to wait until the cardiologist comes back in a week and I can't work out until I get her all clear (attending physician today said "uh, NO" when I asked if I could run. I figured it would be a no, but I just had to ask just to be sure. Dumb runner. Tongue).   So I get an unscheduled rest week coming up.

Dave - all the details are here.

Robert31320

Team TJ

10.4 miles early this morning.  Smile

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

OSKI, I'm glad that you checked out OK. It would still be wise to talk to the Cardio to see if there are any underlying issues, or a plan to mitigate your problems.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

Good evening everyone I hope everyone had a great weekend.

@LRB Have fun watching football.

@Docket_Rocket I hope you had a good run with your husband.

@Baboon I hope you had a nice weekend.

@FreeSoul87 Nice 10 mile run. Coyotes? Stay safe out there.

@RunTomRun: Nice job on the half marathon.

@BasyaSpililkos I hope you free better soon.

@Kristin10185 I hope your yoga class and your run went well.

@Jay716 It is always nice to sleep o once in a while

@granite_running nice job on the 5K

@Brrr I'm sorry to here about your grandpa.

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

I ran the Army 10 miler today is Washington, DC with my dad. I ran it in 1:33:38. I think I would have rant it under 1:30 if I didn't have to stop by the porta potty around 2.5 miles. it was poor planning on my part I over hydrated. I started in wave 5, so running was very crowded. However overall it was a great race.All the proceeds from the race goes to support soldiers, so you can't go wrong with that.

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice work Ebony!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hi dailies:

Oski - Crap.  Don't die, hope they figure it out next week.

Ebony - nice 10 miler

DaveP - maybe they were one and done runners

15.45 in the cold almost-November rain.  Stoking the woodburner back up was priority one upon getting home.  A tank of a doe ran across the road in front of me, she looked more like a moose.

tinman11

I enjoyed the run. I don't know what your finish time was, but I knew that I couldn't run with you at that speed. We were around 8:05 pace for that short period of time when we talked. Well, you did most of the talking because I was too busy sucking wind!

The body held up pretty well today. I hope you met your goal also.

1:48:22 for 5th out of 37 in AG.

I was pretty happy with that but 2:39 minutes slower than my PR from this same race in 2011.

Kind of odd, I'm happy with the result, but kind of ticked at myself because I need to work harder to beat this PR from 2 years ago.

Note: Our buddy banktruck, from L & O, hit his BQ attempt out there today.  His RR was just posted.

Having a cold beer tonight.  Great job today Tom.  I'll see you out there on the Riverwalk!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That's some nice running, Tinman!  Just a little out of my capability at this point.

I'm also enjoying a couple of cold beers. I'm feeling the aches and pains now. so I'll be taking it easy on the beer and will hit the ibuprophen tonight before bed.

Probably taking a whole week off from running to heal up a bit.

Nice job for banktruck - BQ is so "out there" to me that I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Brrrr, sorry about your grandfather.

8 with hubby, 9 counting the walk breaks.  He is almost ready for the HM.

Damaris

LRB

Back from the movies, saw Captain Phillips and drank my weight in wine.  I have not broke a sweat in three weeks, and am sure the scale would go BLOOF were I to stand on it!