Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday is the new FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I decided I am not doing the turkey race tomorrow morning, I'd rather run 5 miles instead of 3.1....especially with another big dinner that day.

Plus I am feeling strangely burnt out or blah right now, not sure if it is the cold weather, my legs or just a passing phase but I won't have any more races this year.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I decided I am not doing the turkey race tomorrow morning, I'd rather run 5 miles instead of 3.1....especially with another big dinner that day.

Plus I am feeling strangely burnt out or blah right now, not sure if it is the cold weather, my legs or just a passing phase but I won't have any more races this year.

Wouldn't you do a 2 mile warm up anyway?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wouldn't you do a 2 mile warm up anyway?

Eh, I just don't want to deal with the freezing temps right next to the river, 28 degrees with winds coming off the river will have it feeling like the teens or colder. I juuuuussst don't feel like dealing with right now 

Plus I forgot to pick up the race packet..... it is strange that I don't care though...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I never realized thanksgiving was this big.

4.5 miles Recovery from yesterday's Repeats. My legs needed it. They were pretty stiff at first.

happylily

I never realized thanksgiving was this big.

4.5 miles Recovery from yesterday's Repeats. My legs needed it. They were pretty stiff at first.

I wish it was as big in Quebec as it is in the rest of Canada and the US (on different dates, as you know). I find it the most meaningful and inclusive of all our holidays...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

4 easy on the treadmill followed by 20 minutes of upper body weight lifting which I've ignored for a year.  Not looking forward to the DOMS from that.  

<3

onemile

4 easy on the treadmill followed by 20 minutes of upper body weight lifting which I've ignored for a year.  Not looking forward to the DOMS from that.  

Why are you running?  

onemile

I just put my pies in the oven and I'm tired.

LRB

I am done with my stupid job and home.

And in other news I have an adult beverage. 

Cyberic

I wish it was as big in Quebec as it is in the rest of Canada and the US (on different dates, as you know). I find it the most meaningful and inclusive of all our holidays...

Must be cultural I guess. Somehow getting together with family to eat turkey does not sound like a big deal to me. I'm pretty sure you felt like me about it before you started living with your SO (what does SO mean anyways? I just can't figure it out).

delicate flower

Why are you running?  

Got a marathon to train for.

<3

onemile

Got a marathon to train for.

happylily

Must be cultural I guess. Somehow getting together with family to eat turkey does not sound like a big deal to me. I'm pretty sure you felt like me about it before you started living with your SO (what does SO mean anyways? I just can't figure it out).

Significant Other (as opposed to DH, I'm not married)... Don't ask me why... I had no idea either before joining the forums...

You're right about being a cultural thing. My own family has never celebrated Thanksgiving. Only my SO's does. But it's not about just eating a turkey with the family. It's about stopping your routine: work, etc... to take the time to get together with those you love (family or friends) and cook and eat together and rejoice in what's good in your life, without any of the religious connotations. It's being grateful to be alive and taking the time to recognize it with the significant people in your life. It has roots in the pioneers days, after the harvests were done (October in Canada and November for the US, because they like to be contrarians ). They would take the time to thank nature for all the good things it had given them.

I ran 8 yesterday and none tonight. And I just asked SO to go get me some donuts, but he refused, calling me crazy. He did agree to get me Lindt chocolate, though.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

It was raining again today. I just couldn't make myself run in it again. Plus I had to go to the office instead of work from home. I got home after 3. Did some more stuff at the house since the sun finally came out.

Tomorrow is just dh and I. We prefer that. We don't do a lot if Thanksgivings out if town.  We will do a small meal later in the day and just hang around. I usually do the Christmas cards, get ready to decorate and wrap stuff.  My shopping is done. I hate crowds plus we have to mail everything to his family and mine.

I work Friday but will be an easy day and I can work from home.

Marjorie

LRB