Beginners and Beyond

The weekend between Penguins (Read 22 times)

on my way to badass

Is RA acting funny for anyone else? Anyhoo, congrats Robert on the goal race! I love that distance.

I'll be going out for roundabout 3 miles at some point today. We had snow!

Yes. I was having troubles with widgets and such on my log page. usually that means I need to stop obsessing and leave it alone for a while.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

Y'all be careful on the road.  Did you get the wristband info?

Yes, we found it and got some ordered, should be here the 16th.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Evening all!  Woke up early to get my 8 mile run in before meeting up with some friends from out of town.  Home now and packing for my trip to New Orleans :-)  I am hoping to get some nice runs in down there.  I think I can bring shorts and tanks to run in.  Today I actually stripped down to my base layer (a tank) on my run because I was getting so hot - and it was only in the mid 40s but very sunny.

Brilliant - looking forward to having you as a teammate.

Traci - I love those socks :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

Post Christmas traffic is insane on I-95.  It's a good thing we aren't in a hurry, because we were moving about 5 mph for a couple of hours until we found a parallel road to follow for a while.  We stopped early, at a motel, so I was able to run four miles and get a lukewarm shower. It was about 70, so shorts and tshirt weather, for sure.

hog4life

Brilliant

Traci, those PJs look super cute and comfy!

mitch, great pics!

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.4 miles done.  I took it easy, easy like Sunday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

On the plane to New Orleans to feed the blerch for a few days. I'll get my streak run in at some point today Smile DH and I are assigned seats a few rows away from eachother. This could be nice or terrible - a stranger hopefully won't sleep on me - but they could be morbidly obese. To be determined ...

Any Nola recs for good running routes? We are staying somewhere in the French quarter.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awww, Bella is so big!

10 miles this morning.  I didn't sleep a wink, bah.  It was supposed to be 15 but mentally I just couldn't do it.  Weights later and a Cirque show tonight.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

38 degrees in San Antonio right now, 'feels like" 35, sheesh!  Quite a change from the 70s and 50s we had over the last few days.  Also, it is spitting rain off-and-on.  Well, it is not going to get much better,  and there is a lull in the rain right now, so I am going to head out and do a few miles along the San Antonio Riverwalk - should be nice and quiet down there with THIS weather - and then come back and watch the Redskins - Dallas football game and hope the Skins finish their season on a high note by beating the Damn Dallas Cowboys.    Also hope the Packers manage to overcome the Detroit Lions.

Nice run/walk Saturday at Fort Sam.  Although, again, it was RAINING on me.  However, the temp was in the mid-50s, so I felt quite comfortable in just running shirt and shorts.   Did 3.5 miles, all hills, and was soaking wet by the time I got back to the Fort Sam Houston gym.  Fun stuff!    Because of the holidays, most of the military trainees, instructors, staff, etc, are all away to their homes - just the local folks still around, base security forces, etc -  so it was kind of like a ghost town when I was running;  I only saw a few people on my run/walk....,kinda made me feel like I was a character in a Twilight Zone episode or Ray Bradbury short story - the only person left in the whole world, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm jealous, Scotty.  It was 70F at 6am with 70DP and by the time I finished it was already in the 80s.  Dewpoints in the mid 70s did not feel good at this point, bah.

Damaris

PADRunner

Morning all. 3 and a half hours 33 degrees and 4 episodes of serial and I got 15 done.

Brilliant

Scotty, it was cold here too this morning... California cold anyway.  42 when I started my run.  I actually wore gloves! That only happens a few times a year.  8 easy miles done this morning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

8 miles done and it was chilly, like 42 degrees chilly. Had known I would have worn the new gloves Santa brought me. Oh well, it only took 7 miles to get warm.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

20* colder ths morning, so back to long tights, arm sleeves, and new Kirkland wool socks.  3 miles and 31 for the week.  Looks like we will be able to stay outside for the last 3 days of the holiday streak.

Scotty, you did see Rod Serling, right?