Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies if we want them or not (Read 35 times)

happylily

6 recovery at 9:05 pace done. SO dragged some snow in the garage early this morning and it hasn't melted since then (the garage is unheated and badly insulated). I ran with a skirt on and short sleeves and I was freezing the whole time and couldn't feel my fingers. I'll run a couple more miles after lunch, but this time with arm warmers and gloves. Crazy. Now I need coffee.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Just came back from the chiro.  He worked on the foot I twisted the other day.  Will try a run tonight.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

5-mile "race" this morning, though I ran just as a regular run because my stomach is still a little flip-floppy and I haven't run in 5 days. Conditions were great (30* and only a bit of wind), and I managed to overdress. Ended up about marathon pace - 43:2x for a time, which was surprisingly good for 2nd in my AG. Apparently none of the faster locals are running the series this year - in 2011, that time would have been 7th in the 40-49 AG.

Now, I just need to figure out how to get to Lily's house for dinner! Yum!

Stay warm and safe, people!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

I changed my mind about the outdoor run. Hubby was snow blowing in a snowmobile suit with snowmobile gloves and hand warmers and couldn't feel his hands by the time he finished.

-30 feels like has become to cold for me in my old age I am a wuss Smile

So treadmill and bike trainer it is.

Supposed to go up to a warm  5f on Monday , keeping my fingers crossed !!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good news from the doc this morning....I can wean off the boot starting Monday! Wear it to work and any time I have to walk a lot and that's it. If it goes well I will be done with it next Monday. I can resume all exercises slowly, in moderation, using my judgement.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good news from the doc this morning....I can wean off the boot starting Monday! Wear it to work and any time I have to walk a lot and that's it. If it goes well I will be done with it next Monday. I can resume all exercises slowly, in moderation, using my judgement.

So, you can run now or by next Monday?  Sounds like great news!

Damaris

LRB

Good luck with that!

I am glad I did it.  The winds were wicked but at my back for the first 2 miles which allowed me to heat up before running directly into them for 3 of the next 4 miles.

The path was plowed but had icy/snowy patches so I bailed on my planned speed workout and just ran at a brisk easy pace instead, finishing with a 7:07 final mile for 6 miles total and one happy boy. 

Thanks for the track tip by the way.  That is a pretty good drive for me but it is nice to have options because you just never know.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Are most school tracks open to public or do you need to ask before using? I know most of the school tracks here are fenced in, and I've never thought to check to see if the gates are locked or not, I figure if I do want to do some speed work I'd like to try it on a track every once in a while.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Are most school tracks open to public or do you need to ask before using? I know most of the school tracks here are fenced in, and I've never thought to check to see if the gates are locked or not, I figure if I do want to do some speed work I'd like to try it on a track every once in a while.

Most tracks open to the local community for X number of hours.  After all, they are being paid out of their property taxes.  Too bad there are none in my city (closest one is 20 minutes away, I might as well just run on the road for the traffic jam I need to get through to get there).

Damaris

LRB

Are most school tracks open to public or do you need to ask before using?

The ones that I have tried are open, you just have to go to the right gate.  People here use them religiously though so it is kind of expected that they would be.  One even has lights on at night and early morning.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll have to check on out someday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So, you can run now or by next Monday?  Sounds like great news!

I'm probably about 2-3 more weeks from running. I still need to wear the boot for another week to do anything involving any major walking. And I should then probably walk without it fulltime for at least a week before trying a run, while building up on the bike and elliptical.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This comes from me, not him.....he told me to come back slowly and use my judgement. And to me that means at least 2 weeks of getting used to walking normally again and doing lower impact cardio before adding back runs.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had a good race at the distance series 10 miler.  Ended up running a 1:08:29 for 2nd place in my age group.  What's funny is that I was fading after the turnaround (out and back course), so I targeted the guy in front of me and told myself that I would catch him by the end of the race.  Ended up passing him in the last mile, turns out he was in my age group! lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still, good news, Kristy!  Good luck with the comeback.

Damaris