Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Who Knew, or Better Yet, Who Cares? (Read 60 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, dailies!

Managed to get out for 4 miles, negative splits the first 3, then a semi-cooldown mile for number 4. Pretty good run. We had a little shower around noon so  wore my old, old original shoes. Once again, I didn't want to soil my newer ones. And, since it was a short run, I figured my feet could take the punishment.

Anyway, I was glad to get out there again. Now, off to the showers and then to work.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RSX

8.71 Victoria BC waterfront heatwave for them might hit 75. I left 90's back home so great weather no rain yet or forecast rest of week

Robert31320

Team TJ

1 mile TM warm up run and weights done at lunch.  I can really feel the weights now...

Running for TJ because he can't.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm bored of working.

I'm now seriously contemplating turning my Alaska trip into a couple days in Seattle, a couple days in Vancouver, and a couple days in Alaska. The wheels are turning. It would just be a lot of travel time... It takes about 8 hours to get to Seattle from where I live. Plus everything else. Hmm.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

While you're in Seattle, check for possible housing areas for me, thanks!

I'm bored of working.

I'm now seriously contemplating turning my Alaska trip into a couple days in Seattle, a couple days in Vancouver, and a couple days in Alaska. The wheels are turning. It would just be a lot of travel time... It takes about 8 hours to get to Seattle from where I live. Plus everything else. Hmm.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

yes corn and peas work but the dish soap (which has been around for ice use for a long time) is squishy and will conform better and you can reuse it for a long long time.  Plus corn and peas can get chunky...

Marjorie

Hip Redux

yes corn and peas work but the dish soap (which has been around for ice use for a long time) is squishy and will conform better and you can reuse it for a long long time.  Plus corn and peas can get chunky...

Thanks!  Will give it a shot tonight.

I definitely notice it's painful lifting my leg to step forward.  I guess that gives credence to the hill theory!

YAYpril - B-Plus

While you're in Seattle, check for possible housing areas for me, thanks!

Haha. Ok! I have family there too.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thanks!  Will give it a shot tonight.

I definitely notice it's painful lifting my leg to step forward.  I guess that gives credence to the hill theory!

Hills are dumb. I have a recurring inner groin-area discomfort that comes and goes every few months. Probably because I can't run a mile without hitting some sort of uphill or downhill in my neighborhood. I hope the goo pack helps. Smile

Hip Redux

Hills are dumb. I have a recurring inner groin-area discomfort that comes and goes every few months. Probably because I can't run a mile without hitting some sort of uphill or downhill in my neighborhood. I hope the goo pack helps. Smile

Totally.   And apparently, I am dumb for seeking this one out to tackle.  lol

B-Plus

I'm bored of working.

Come in June and run my favourite race ever.

Zelanie

Come in June and run my favourite race ever.

What is it?

Just B.S.

oski hope it feels better soon

babboon, sounds like your return to running is going really well, that's good stuff

lrb, you crack me up as usual.

6 miles last night , heading out for open water swim soon.

Our goal since we started swimming seriously in January was to do some sprint tris this year ( 2 done so far another coming on July 21 then Aug 25) then find a 1/2 Iron within driving distance for next summer. We were willing to drive up to 8 hours or so.

Little  did  we know  about a big announcement that happened here on the weekend. The Challenge Family brand of long distance tri's , same thing as Ironman announced the site  of their second only Canadian event just one hour from our house!!! So how can we not???? Signing up before  July 20 will save us $100 each on the reg fee. Time to press enter!

Hip Redux

That's perfect fate, Beth!

Hi dailies:

Rick - Oh, we've heard it all before.  The left is wicked, sinister (literally), and tears of eternal damnation flow from the left eye.  Where's that nun to hit my knuckles with a ruler for writing with the evil hand?  Big grin  (and my mirror called me an ugly mofo, should i get a new one?)

Kristin - Ok, I get the Giants, but the Mets? Yuck.  lol.

B+ - It could be like a zombie run.

DaveP - Stepping on one of my nephew's legos would be more painful for him than for me.

Scotty - enjoy temporary bachelorhood, don't forget that vacuum.

D - congrats on the court win

Beach - alcohol and corn, basement dancing, you really do know how to party

Hobbit - did anyone at the meetings suggest chipping dishes or cracking plates?

Baboon - good job on the hot run

lilac - nice

MBC - du or du not, there is no tri?

Brr - cool, hope the garmin treats you well

Marjorie - good 10.6

Oski - oh no, heal up

Zelanie - oy, steep hill

jjs - come back with an edelweiss, or not at all Wink

Tom - huh.

RSX - nice weather you're getting

Robert - pumpin' iron

April - that would maybe be a neat adventure

Beth - how convenient, cool!

13.1 done in muggy conditions - first 8 at BQ pace, last 5.1 approaching HMP.  I passed a lady who was probably knocking out a 7:30ish pace during the last part, and she looked genuinely pissed at my friendly nod and wave.  Sorry, I realize that you're fast but tempos gotta get done! Embarrassed

Goning for a little recovery jog in a few, reusing stanky but dry clothes because there's no one up here to smell them.