Beginners and Beyond

On a Jet Plane FriDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

DR - so glad to hear you got a flight.  Enjoy your race and the whole trip.

My RP and I did some track work for the first time in quite a while 2x (8x 200/200) with an 800 between sets.  Based on the Jack Daniels tables I was targeting 55 seconds, which was easy enough in the first set and I was often a second or two faster.  Halfway through the second set, however, and it was getting harder and harder just to hit 55.  My RP suggested my form was getting bad as I was hunching my shoulders.  I focused on keeping my head up and shoulders back and it made a huge difference.  8½ miles for the day.  It was great to be out there running fast again and the temps in the mid-40's were perfect.  (I was in shorts & t-shirt and don't know how my RP can be in tights and a warm long-sleeved shirt, but to each their own.)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Have fun Damaris! It's not about the time but the memory! I'm glad you made it finally!

I think I shall take her another rest day. Good thing as it's raining again.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Baboon

delicate flower

Give 'em hell, Docket!!

'Morning, folks!  It is my Friday before vacation and I am being forced to actually do some work today, which is a load of bullshit if you ask me.  Tomorrow morning DW and I catch a flight to Big Sky, Montana for a week of mushy spring skiing.  I will pack running clothes, just in case.  Speaking of run, I need to get five miles in at some point today.

<3

DavePNW

We are en route to the hotel. Second night without sleep as there were several families with 5-6 kids. 😳

That sucks but you never thought you’d make it this far!

5 miles last night with the brewery group, with a really big stupid hill, and a couple smaller hills that were still stupid. 6 this morning on my usual route.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Yay DR!!! Do you have a vacation planned there after the race? Or returning right after?

3 miles for me. Kid and DH are doing a duathlon on Sunday--sunny and high of 90F expected that day 

DavePNW

3 miles for me. Kid and DH are doing a duathlon on Sunday--sunny and high of 90F expected that day 

But…”ocean breezes,” right?? 

Forgot to mention I am in solidarity with Damaris; I woke up around 1:45 AM and was never able to get back to sleep. Of course I don’t have to run a marathon on Sunday.

Dave

sdWhiskers

But…”ocean breezes,” right?? 

Google "Lake Perris" and let me know if you think the ocean breezes reach that far inland 

MTA: I was thinking I wouldn't have time to run myself on Sun since the race is like 90 min away so we need to leave early. But Kid is doing this for a school project which means I need to take pictures...looking at the run and bike course, methinks I'll be running quite a few miles!

DavePNW

Google "Lake Perris" and let me know if you think the ocean breezes reach that far inland 

Maybe you’ll get lucky and there’ll be a hurricane!

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 with strides.

Docket,  I hope you can get some rest today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Proof of Life:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'tos TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES 59901 nowbalance noH balance'

Damaris