Beginners and Beyond

Sleeping in SUNDAILIES (Read 37 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

20.2 for me. Another good long run.

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I took 3 days off for absolutely no reason other than I didn't feel like running. Tried to run today and everything felt awful and stiff and crampy. Ugh. Hoping to have loosened things up by my slow jogging and power walking today (yes, I walked a bunch during my run. I haven't done that in almost a year). I have a 10K tomorrow. I am not going for sub-60, but I would like to PR, hoping for sub-1:04. Hoping to get my mojo back.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Will run for scenery.

20.2 for me. Another average-for-me run.

Wink

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

I took 3 days off for absolutely no reason other than I didn't feel like running.

Wassa matta wit it, why you no feel like running?  You went through so much what with your injuries and all.  Hopefully you find your mojo tomorrow!

Will run for scenery.

Well I think this cold may be breaking up.  I'm still all congested, but not dead-tired like yesterday.

After a day of watching cooking shows, I shopped for a little something kinda exciting : striped bass, ginger, lemon grass, coconut milk, fresh chilis, cilantro and fish oil wrapped in banana  leaves and cooked on the grill.

While I was shopping a front moved in and it's now cold and rainy out.  Perfect grilling weather.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Jis you are funny

Marjorie

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning.  DW and I had a good day in Maine yesterday shopping, eating, and visiting family.  I have two large chocolate Heath chunk cookies waiting for me when the mood strikes.

I hopped on the treadmill today for the first time in a couple of weeks for a speed workout.  1/2 mile intervals, alternating between hard effort and recovery.  7:06 overall pace on the run.  Speed paces ranged from 6:11 to 5:48.  Great effort today.

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wassa matta wit it, why you no feel like running?  You went through so much what with your injuries and all.  Hopefully you find your mojo tomorrow!

I don't know, really.  I guess it wasn't that I straight-up didn't want to, I just lacked the motivation lol. Thursday was actually a scheduled rest day.....was flying from Miami to NJ in the morning and had run 3 days in a row previously, so that was a SRD. Friday I was a LAZY BUM and that is all there is to it. I was hanging around my parents' house, doing laundry, BSing, watching TV, playing with my mom's puppy....I didn't get out of my PJs til dinner time. I had meant to run at some point and just.....didn't. I had been away on vacation for 12 days and just needed a lazy day I guess. Then yesterday I woke up with a migraine. When I felt better I really needed to head out to my apartment in Brooklyn because I had a lot to do......a ton of errands and such.... so I  planned to run around sunset. But then suddenly it was dark and my friend was calling me to catch up over a glass of wine because we had both been away, so running didn't happen. OOPS???

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

LRB

But then suddenly it was dark and my friend was calling me to catch up over a glass of wine because we had both been away, so running didn't happen. OOPS???

There is no oops where wine is involved.  You are forgiven my sweet!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

There is no oops where wine is involved.  You are forgiven my sweet!

haha ok good!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tough run this morning, kinda dragging the first mile.  Probably because I got a late start and didn't start until 8:45 a.m. and it was already 82 degrees at that time (right now,  3:35 PM here in Texas, it is 101 degrees).  Felt better the last 2 miles and did okay.  Ended up with 3 miles, done slow and easy in 35 minutes.   Which is okay, did not want to push it anyway, since my tough 5-mile hill race is tomorrow morning.   Oh, I ran at Lackland Air Force Base this morning.  After I got back to the gym, I did a 1-minute plank.  I made the mistake of sleeping in until 7:30.  Dumb, dumb, dumb, with the weather around here.  But then, our races all start at 7:30 or 8 a..m., even in summer, so I guess I was  "practicing" real-time race conditions.  Yeah, THAT'S why I ran at that time, not because I shut the alarm off earlier and went back to sleep. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

haha ok good!

I am into my third glass myself, a nap will be taking me soon!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty that is a totally reasonable explanation to start a run later

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Amateurs!  You are behind on your wine and drinks....Joking

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7:30-8am?  Crazy boy!  It was already 92F here at that time and if I start a LR then, I would probably fry.

Tough run this morning, kinda dragging the first mile.  Probably because I got a late start and didn't start until 8:45 a.m. and it was already 82 degrees at that time (right now,  3:35 PM here in Texas, it is 101 degrees).  Felt better the last 2 miles and did okay.  Ended up with 3 miles, done slow and easy in 35 minutes.   Which is okay, did not want to push it anyway, since my tough 5-mile hill race is tomorrow morning.   Oh, I ran at Lackland Air Force Base this morning.  After I got back to the gym, I did a 1-minute plank.  I made the mistake of sleeping in until 7:30.  Dumb, dumb, dumb, with the weather around here.  But then, our races all start at 7:30 or 8 a..m., even in summer, so I guess I was  "practicing" real-time race conditions.  Yeah, THAT'S why I ran at that time, not because I shut the alarm off earlier and went back to sleep. Joking

Damaris