Beginners and Beyond

Thankless Thursdailes (Read 50 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yep, no glory in it for us.  Just out there logging miles in order to slog through mediocrity a little faster than the next guy/gal.

Somehow it's still fun though, even when it means getting up at 4:30am to head out the door for 16 miles like I'm about to.

Enjoy your runs everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Good morning, folks.

SIAR, thanks for starting today's thread. I hope that your run goes well.

Tuesday was a complete RD. I didn't end the fast until 9:09 p.m.. After I ate and drank, I gave into my fluttering eyelids and slept.

Yesterday, I did push-ups, ab work, and. 2.0 miles with the run club in 18:24.92. 9:13 pace. Not bad for 88F and a 71F dew point. I'm starting to become accustomed to running in hot soup. Oh, I also snagged a spot in the B.A.A. HMSmile

I'm heading out for an hour or so. Tonight, I'll run/crawl the Weston 5-Miler.

Run aborted. Injury back. Fuck.

Dave

DaveP MI, that sucksSad

I had to end my run early, thanks to mother nature hollering. I managed 3.0 in 30:18.29. 10:07 pace. I was running negative splits. Even though I was uncomfortable (78F with 71F dew point), I wanted to continue.

I'm calling it a shakeout and looking forward to not crashing in tonight's race.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! SRD.

Dave: Sad

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

More sucking at life and oversleeping my alarm. It seems once a month-ish I have this issue, where I suddenly just seem to require more sleep than usual, and can't wake up. UGH! I finally dragged myself out of bed, and got all dressed and ready for my run, and then looked at the time and realized that I did NOT have time for a 5-7 mile run. Or even a 3 mile run. Or really anything at all. So I did a yoga video, an extensive foam rolling session, and some strengthening. There is a chance I will run tonight after work after then sun goes down....but it depends on how hot it still is. I really don't want to miss a run this long so I'm gonna try!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RSX

5 mile race for me tonight of course in the 80's. It always seems to be hot every year I run it. A lot of my running friends will be there so it will be fun.

BruceD555

So_Im_a_Runner- Enjoy those 16 miles with the friend this morning.

BasyaSpiliakos- Congrats on the BAA HM spot & it sounds like you've got about the same weather as we're having around here ... soupy humid bleh! I keep telling myself that I must be getting acclimated to it but that doesn't seem to make it any better. Wink Enjoy your hour and the run/crawl 5 Miler tonight.

DaveP MI- So sorry to hear you're ailing again.

AprilRunner- Hope you have a great SRD

kristin10185- Sometimes it's best to just listen to your body and grab the extra sleep when you need it. Sorry you missed your morning run but hopefully you'll be able to get in some miles this evening.

I got in an early 4 miles on the TM @ work and will follow up with another 5-6 this afternoon for the double. I may try to head over and run some trails so I can at least get out of the unrelenting sun...though that means I'll need to fight the mosquitoes.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Hang in there Dave, you still have time to put together a good marathon plan.

Supp everyone, my ass overslept.  I still could have got out there in time to run but at 77 degrees already, I said screw it.  I will run on the belt tonight after work instead.

It has been forever since I have been on that thing so it should not be too bad.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  10 miles tonight.  Working from home today.

SIAR, I don't have time to run at 4:30am.  Kudos.

Basya, congrats on getting a spot on the HM.  Enjoy!  Nice workouts.

Dave, I'm sorry to hear that the injury is back.  Ugh.  Feel better.

April, enjoy the rest day.

Kristin, listen to your body when it wants to rest (sleep).  That is also important.  You have a busy work and running schedule and sometimes it's time to take it easy.

RSX, enjoy the 5.

Bruce, enjoy the run tonight, mosquitoes and all.

LRB, run on the TM?  Why would anyone do that?  Ugh.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning folks, park's closed, moose out front should have told you.

10 easy miles on the treadmill after work yesterday.  Feeling a little bit guilty for hiding from the heat, but not guilty enough to actually run outside.  Inside the gym isn't much cooler.  After 10 miles, my shorts were completely soaked and dropping in sweat.  Kind of gross, actually.  98 degrees today with a heat index of 104.  Magic 8 Ball says I will not be running outside today, either.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

It was (still? already?) 80* when I stepped outside at 4:35. I decided since it was still quite dark, the neighborhood wouldn't be too scandalized if I ran in just a sports bra and shorts. 11 miles done in 1:50. Felt fairly good, but I definitely need to stretch and roll tonight, which I skipped yesterday. And I somehow managed to get a painful blister right at the base of one big toe. Grrr.

Time now for some iced coffee to wake myself up!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. During my sixer last night I wanted to stay close to home (and cold water if I needed to refill my bottle) so I did this 1.5 mile loop (half a mile from my house) two times. On the second loop, a man in his driveway said, "Hey, didn't I see you earlier?" so I stopped and chatted with him for a minute. He initially said "Oh sorry to interrupt your run, I'll leave you to it" and I said "NO, I could use the break, really."

Then I explained that I was staying close to home for water, and he said "Yeah, water is important in this weather. So is beer." And he held up the can of beer he was holding. I laughed and said that I would get one when I was done with my run. And for those of you who are friends with me on FB, you saw that I did just that.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

DH, a co-worker and I are doing the weekly beer run tonight. The run starts at 6:00 so it will be steamy, but the cold beer will be good. I like the course. It's usually 3-ish miles through some old, historic neighborhoods and through part of downtown. It's some great hill work and good prep for a lot of the downtown races.

Have a great day!