Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #111 (Read 28 times)

onemile

Just ended a Zoom meeting thingy. Looks like we'll be back to work on May 4th. Staggered start times, filling out a daily health screen, taking your temperature before and during your shift and the wearing of masks are just some of the things that await us. Yipee.

Wow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just ended a Zoom meeting thingy. Looks like we'll be back to work on May 4th. Staggered start times, filling out a daily health screen, taking your temperature before and during your shift and the wearing of masks are just some of the things that await us. Yipee.

Hubby can't start work at the clinic until his temperature has been taken. They don't even let the employees come in until then. Those are good plans but ugh, sounds so close. Although things are moving in leaps and bounds, no?

Damaris

DavePNW

wow, you run fast 

IK,R? Username is misleading.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Yesterdays uploaded today and today’s is mia. I still can’t figure out how to do any run I did before March.

I think it only uploads previous month? At least that's what I experienced when I first connected to RA.

sdWhiskers

I use a Keurig, so relatively idiot-proof. Pro tip: make sure to put a cup underneath. Although the base can capture approximately one cup of liquid. Ask an idiot how he knows. 

A design feature, I'm sure.

MrW has a habit of brewing a cup when he means just to set it up at night for the morning. It'll be 8pm and I'm like why's it smell like coffee? Of course not now as he filed for unemployment last week, blech. We flattened the curve so well here that doctors and nurses are hardly working.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it only uploads previous month? At least that's what I experienced when I first connected to RA.

Eric can help upload prior stuff. I remember when I moved from RWOL, he helped me saved and upload my whole RWOL log into RA. Very grateful to him. So he might be able to help uploading prior to last month.

Damaris

Were you able to add earlier stuff at any point? I probably shouldn’t be bothered but I have spent at least half an hour trying to find a way to move it over from garmin.

wow, you run fast 

I run off of how I feel that day. I do try to have runs be at a slower pace but haven’t figured that all out yet. I love running and am just starting to try races and don’t want to do anything that might hurt my chances for best possible results.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Were you able to add earlier stuff at any point? I probably shouldn’t be bothered but I have spent at least half an hour trying to find a way to move it over from garmin.

I don't recall if the new Garmins (without the ANT technology) still add a file on your computer that you can access to. There should be a way to save them from Garmin Connect still no?

Damaris

LRB

A design feature, I'm sure.

MrW has a habit of brewing a cup when he means just to set it up at night for the morning. It'll be 8pm and I'm like why's it smell like coffee? Of course not now as he filed for unemployment last week, blech. We flattened the curve so well here that doctors and nurses are hardly working.

Are there any protests there? There is a contingent here (complete with guns and in one case the displaying of a swastika) going ape shit over our governor's stay at home order.

Cyberic

On this Boston marathon day, I got a email from marathonFoto offering me a rebate on my 2016 pics. I have already bought 3 photos (1 month later when there's a 3 for 1) so there's no chance I'm buying anything, but I took a look. Here's one pic I did not buy, but maybe I shoulda, because it is a good reminder of why I do not race often.

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

sdWhiskers

Are there any protests there? There is a contingent here (complete with guns and in one case the displaying of a swastika) going ape shit over our governor's stay at home order.

I saw there was a protest here yesterday because they finally shut down a popular running/biking lane right next to the beach. Of course, there were apparently always tons of people there and impossible to not be close to others. But if you only have 50 people out of our 1.5 million protesting? ehhhh  At least it's beach bums, not Nazis

Maybe harsh, but I generally think those not following the orders should be denied entry into any hospital. Your decisions have real consequences.

Cyberic

To export-import an activity from Garmin  into RA:

- Go to connect.garmin.com (not the phone app, and ideally on a PC... have not tried it on a phone)

- Click on an activity, you can't export it from the activity list. You have to go into the details of an activity.

- In the upper right, click on the little gear, and then "Export to original"

- In your downloads folder on your PC if your order by date, there will be a .zip file named with numbers (ex: 367283649.zip)

- Unzip it and remember where you unzipped it. It will create a file with the same name as the zip file, but with a .fit extension if you have a recent Garmin (ex: 367283649.fit)

- In RA, in the Training Log area, hover over Upload GPS Data in the menu, and choose Upload data from file

- Choose the correct Data Source format (Garmin FIT for a .fit file) in the drop down menu

- Browse for the .fit file you have unzipped in a previous step