Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #111 (Read 28 times)

onemile

On this Boston marathon day, I got a email from marathonFoto offering me a rebate on my 2016 pics. I have already bought 3 photos (1 month later when there's a 3 for 1) so there's no chance I'm buying anything, but I took a look. Here's one pic I did not buy, but maybe I shoulda, because it is a good reminder of why I do not race often.

marathon suffering right there!

Cyberic

Darn right it is!

sdWhiskers

May we all get to experience this in 2020

To export-import an activity from Garmin  into RA:

Thank you. It will take sometime but I am able to do it now.

bluerun

Super B****

According to my "GMP" run, I would have finished in 2:56 today. Yuk yuk yuk. (The first mile was probably around what I'd have been going for. After that I got all frustrated with the hordes of people and traffic... aren't we all supposed to be staying home?! And yes, I realize I wasn't home either, but I was alone, not gathering with all my kith and kin.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I have been bombarded with race photo emails the past two weeks, it's ridiculous. It's clearly a result of the lack of work in the industry but the funny thing is, none of the deals are any better than they ever were and any of the shots that I wanted I already have. Go away. Your pricing has always been astronomical and nothing has changed, even during a crisis ffs. Stupid.

LRB

This morning's run just showed up on RA and in other news, I sent those new running shoes back and the foil shaver I ordered arrived today. I just tried it out and my chin feels so smooth and soft that I might change the M to an F on my driver's license. #randomthoughtsthathavenothingtodowithanything

sdWhiskers

I have been bombarded with race photo emails the past two weeks, it's ridiculous. It's clearly a result of the lack of work in the industry but the funny thing is, none of the deals are any better than they ever were and any of the shots that I wanted I already have. Go away. Your pricing has always been astronomical and nothing has changed, even during a crisis ffs. Stupid.

but it's your LAST CHANCE!!

LRB

but it's your LAST CHANCE!!

lol - I did get a kick out of seeing race photos from EIGHT YEARS AGO.

KCRuns

Were you able to add earlier stuff at any point? I probably shouldn’t be bothered but I have spent at least half an hour trying to find a way to move it over from garmin.

I paid for one month of premium map my run so I could download the full file of all my runs, uploaded it here, only coded the races and left everything else as default. Then canceled the premium map my run membership. Took about 10 minutes to get everything loaded.

bluerun

Super B****

I got that from Boston 2018. When they didn't even really get any pictures of me, so. (I would have been the sucker who bought them right away. On second thought, given how terribly that race went, maybe not.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

lol - I did get a kick out of seeing race photos from EIGHT YEARS AGO.

I did not quite get that, but I did get the 2014 Detroit Marathon. 

I’ve never bought a race pic. The Boston email was tempting - I expected to make that exception at the time of the race, but there just weren’t any worth the money. I guess that hasn’t changed.

Dave

Cyberic

Thank you. It will take sometime but I am able to do it now.

You're welcome

onemile

I ran 8

LRB

I got that from Boston 2018. When they didn't even really get any pictures of me, so. (I would have been the sucker who bought them right away. On second thought, given how terribly that race went, maybe not.)

Have you ever prepaid for race pics?