Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #19 aka The Onemile Houston thread (Read 38 times)

bluerun

Super B****

So apparently I am going to have a couple of HUGE cutback weeks, and I am royally pissed about it. Snow got into a manhole last night and caused our electricity to go apeshit. ConEd came and fixed it today, but only 110, not 220 -- that can evidently take a week to A MONTH. They seem to think it's not a problem at all that I will freeze to death since my split unit operates on 220, and THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE MY ALTERG. This is so not okay.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles, sort of windy, but not too bad.

Congrats Onemile!

Bluerun, nice race! A month to fix the electric, ugh. If you can't use your heat, shouldn't they pay for you to stay in a hotel?

Happy Birthday Daffy!

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, nice race! A month to fix the electric, ugh. If you can't use your heat, shouldn't they pay for you to stay in a hotel?

The heat works in the rest of the house -- it's just 220 voltage that isn't working, and I have a split unit in my bedroom because the central heating isn't sufficient since there are so many windows in there. I'm not as bothered about that as I am about the AlterG, because I can always use another blanket and it will just suck getting out of bed, but getting out of bed sucks anyway. Nobody else really cares that it will take so long because they say we should be glad we have lights again. Which is true (getting ready with a flashlight wasn't fun this morning), but I can be glad to have lights and still be pissed that they didn't fix it completely, can't I?!

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Our Nest is having issues since yesterday and now there is no AC because the Nest won’t work  ðŸ˜«ðŸ˜«ðŸ˜«. It’s 11F outside. Fortunately, the house is well insulated and it’s 60F inside but we are waiting a technician and I hope he comes soon so I can finally go out and run. Fortunately it will be watmer tonight.

Damaris

DavePNW

6 miles, 54 for the week.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

great races onemile and bluerun!  so cool to see all the hard work pay off!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6 miles, 54 for the week.

I forgot to look earlier  but I ended my week at 41 miles.  First 40 mile week since the second week of September...been a long time coming!  Still not comfortable doing much beyond an easy pace but it's progress.  Probably going to try and stay in the 35-45 range for a few weeeks and then, maybe, try and add some better tempo work.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy birthday Daffy

Congratulations onemile

Ran 10k on the tm at home then went to gym with DD2 and if the tm run wasn't a struggle the gym surely was. I'm so out of shape.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

onemile

Thanks guys! That was rough. It was really windy and I was having some trouble digesting the Maurten gel. But pulled it together and managed to talk myself into not giving up. I know I have a faster time in me but I'll take a 7 minute PR!!

DavePNW

Go, onemile!

I, unsurprisingly, did not run the sub-1:29 I decided I need for an A bib, but I did run a nice negative split and a 2021 NYCQ so I guess that’s okay.

Pro tip: report the time you did run, not the time you didn’t run. So we don’t have to go hunting for it on Strava. TYVM. 1:32:33 for the benefit of others. Nice job.

Dave

DavePNW

Thanks guys! That was rough. It was really windy and I was having some trouble digesting the Maurten gel. But pulled it together and managed to talk myself into not giving up. I know I have a faster time in me but I'll take a 7 minute PR!!

Yeah you do and yeah you will! I started to get a bit worried about a slowdown but you held on and picked it up very nicely at the end. Great job. Looking forward to the race report! And the food report.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah you do and yeah you will! I started to get a bit worried about a slowdown but you held on and picked it up very nicely at the end. Great job. Looking forward to the race report! And the food report.

+1!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

This is why I wasn't as upset about the headwind in the second half of my last marathon -- it will make a PR easier next time  Nice job!

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Pro tip: report the time you did run, not the time you didn’t run. So we don’t have to go hunting for it on Strava. TYVM. 1:32:33 for the benefit of others. Nice job.

The time is irrelevant if you didn't hit your goal, isn't it?!  (I mean, I guess I did, since I knew 1:28:30 wasn't going to happen and sub-1:34 for the NYCQ was my default backup plan, but whatever)

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Onemile - if you find out your placings, please post! The website still won’t load and the app doesn’t have them.

Dave