Beginners and Beyond

Dailies! It's Friday! Didn't You Get the Memo? (Read 36 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

It is like that in my book as well, that is a typo I think.  Looking at the term in context, the only time throughout the book the word hard precedes a given pace is "I" pace, so I always looked at it as that.  Like, he never says hard tempo pace or hard marathon pace.  It is always hard "I" pace.

Thanks Rick!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Temps won't drop back into the 40s until Monday or Tuesday next week, hopefully by then the trails will start to harden.

I haven't been out there since last week, I don't think it is flooded as the river has gone down but some areas of the trails hold water so badly it looks like a miniature river and the mud is just awful. I probably won't hit those trails until next Monday, this Sunday I am going to try and head up to Hoosier National Forest and aim for 11-12 miles on the trails there with hopes they aren't as bad...... Fool's hope that is.

Well?

FS, I will be thrilled if the temps stay in the 30's for my run tomorrow!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, I made the mistake of calling the vet to see if I could pick Trixie up after work today.  I got the one of the vets there who I like the least.  Here is the conversation and you can guess why I like her the least:

Me:  Hi, doctor.  How is Trixie today?

Doc: Oh, Trixie is not doing well.

Me:   What happened?

Doc: Oh, nothing.  She is just sad and does not want to eat.  You can pick her up tonight.

OK, "not doing well" to me is OMG, something bad happened after surgery and she is critical or worse.  That's not the same as telling me she is depressed because she is nervous and won't fucking eat (typical of her).

DA FUCK?  Don't scared the shit out of me!

Damaris

From the Internet.

Afternoon, folks! 4.5 miles for me this morning. 33F felt positively balmy, I cannot wait to run in mid-50s on Sunday! I've been super tired/stressed out/cranky lately (the time of year in general plus my bank account at this time of year - hopefully I'll have a real job like a normal adult by the time the holidays roll around next year), but the running is still going well so that's about as much as I could hope for.

Damaris - glad Trixie is coming home, hope the biopsy shows something easy to treat.

From the Internet.

Ugh, I made the mistake of calling the vet to see if I could pick Trixie up after work today.  I got the one of the vets there who I like the least.  Here is the conversation and you can guess why I like her the least:

Me:  Hi, doctor.  How is Trixie today?

Doc: Oh, Trixie is not doing well.

Me:   What happened?

Doc: Oh, nothing.  She is just sad and does not want to eat.  You can pick her up tonight.

OK, "not doing well" to me is OMG, something bad happened after surgery and she is critical or worse.  That's not the same as telling me she is depressed because she is nervous and won't fucking eat (typical of her).

DA FUCK?  Don't scared the shit out of me!

Geez. You'd think they'd word things a bit better in situations where you're already really worried!

Hip Redux

Did anyone see our new front page of the B&B?  LMAO

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did anyone see our new front page of the B&B?  LMAO

I pointed this out earlier this week when I said Morning!  Clap your hands everybody!  Blame LRB!

Damaris

Hip Redux

I pointed this out earlier this week when I said Morning!  Clap your hands everybody!  Blame LRB!

I missed it then!

It also appears that I have the power to change it too.  Bwahaha.  

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I missed it then!

It also appears that I have the power to change it too.  Bwahaha.  

Don't change the words, though!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Late checking in. I took a RD to have breakfast with friends, then do my grocery shopping for next week. I'm hoping to not have to set foot in a store after today, other than to buy the fresh produce for Christmas Eve dinner. The menu? Glad you asked!
                        Brown sugar glazed salmon (DH caught it on a trip last summer!)
                        Wild rice pilaf with mushrooms

Brussel sprouts with red onions and bacon

Baguette

Flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream - might give the whipped cream a hint of peppermint or cinnamon flavor

Reisling

Pinot Noir

Decaf coffee

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Brown sugar glazed salmon

I say that in two words sometimes just to see the look on the waiters face.  Like sal, mon.  lol

LRB

The warm temps (relatively speaking) and rain has been doing a number on the snow, so outdoor weekend runs are all but assured.  So I decided to drive up to the track just make sure it is clear for tomorrows run, as to avoid what happened last year when I ran 2 miles to it only to find it snowbound.  Um, yeah.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

"And everybody clap your hands."  Lamar was pretty good with that limp wristed throwing style.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They're expecting flooding here in the area of Evansville and Chandler, so much so that they've sent volunteers up to Indy for 36,000 sandbags. Goodie, Chandler is bad when it comes to flooding, you can't find a single road that isn't flooded somewhere on it and if you aren't careful during a flash flood you can get stuck and surrounded by water...... and it result in very dangerous consequences. Thanks to a clogged up ditch, it floods about 1-2 feet of water in front of our house and in our driveway, and it isn't standing still water - but rushing.

If it is as bad as they think it will be, I'll try to take some pics to show you guys. Hopefully this won't affect my long run Sunday....... Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)