Beginners and Beyond

HM in the snow, no problemo! (RR) (Read 87 times)

cjones1

Fantastic race!  Nice job!

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

GinnyinPA

Congratulations on running such a great race under adverse conditions.  Really nice finish.  Do you plan to run your marathon by feel as well?

MothAudio

Congrats Phil! Based on the 1:33 I suspect your qualifier is 3:15. Given the race conditions you're probably in 1:31-1:32 shape. All things equal that gives you a good shot at sub-3:15. If you think you have sub-1:30 speed, based on race results or training efforts, then a BQ is well within your grasp.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

outoftheblue

GREAT job.  You powered up those hills like it was nothing.   And, coming down them in the slush had to be challenging in its own right.  Congrats on the PR and I can't wait to here how your marathon goes.

Life is good.

Ric-G

great stuff, congrats! less than great conditions means you are even faster than this and is a good sign for your marathon. be strong!

marathon pr - 3:16

hog4life

Congrats on the PR! You are going to do very well in your marathon.

workinprogress11

Wow, great job!  Your training is definitely paying off. Congratulations!

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks for all the comments!  I'm pretty sore today but feel great.  Smile

Ginny, I'll run however my coach tells me to, so it'll probably be a combination of feel and heart rate.  Not that I am "heart rate training", but I still need the crutch to get an idea of my effort level.

Moth, I'd say I'm probably around 1:31 shape right now on a friendlier day and course.  I am not done training though.  My hardest weeks are coming up.

As far as the conditions go, here is a pic from the event facebook page.  This is not me but it's what I ran in.

<3

Zelanie

Another strong race from the Baboon!  You must be doing something right lately, things seem to be clicking along!  Way to go keeping your head in the game through those hills.  Those miles are always the toughest for me in a HM mentally.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

That fast with hills AND snow? I am curious  to see how fast with ideal conditions. I bow before thee. Congratulations.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

From the Internet.

Awesome job!! I ran in that slop yesterday morning too and my running buddies and I were all "man, I feel sorry for anyone who's racing in this." Guess you did just fine without our pity! :P Very excited to hear how your marathon goes!

Baboon

delicate flower

FINISHER PICS.  Heh...what a mess.

<3

Zelanie

Frame those!

PR on snowy hills, sweet!

Those harder weeks should pay off, strong race and hopefully a sign of good things at the full.

Congrats Phil.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Great race for you, Baboon!  Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt