Beginners and Beyond

Ruby ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

DavePNW

I rarely have to wait of a scheduled doctor appt, but than again, I'm with an HMO and they son't tend to linger with their patients.  They are all about numbers and keeping to their schedule.  I think I'd rather wait, and have the doctor willing to spend more time.

I have not found a correlation between wait time vs. time spent with doctor.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, I think Montreal is in Quebec.

Ohhh....I thought Quebec was a separate city.....as you can see, I did not major in geography....and often get lost a lot... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your progression run goes - or went - well, B-Plus.

Same for me, Blue, lots of waiting at the doc.  But then, being retired military, I go to a military hospital for my appointments.  Usually everything goes pretty well, but the problem is when there is some kind of emergency, just about all the military doctors are  "on call', so when the 'Code Blue" or whatever code alarm goes off, then the 'out-patients' are left sitting for a while, as the docs go to the ER, treatment center, or wherever, to help out.  Even so, I don't mind, I get very good healthcare, and probably at a lot cheaper than most of you pay for yours.  A little waiting is just the price I have to pay sometimes.  I can live with that.

Well, LRB, LIQUID advil will go into the butt cheek a little easier....

Dave, I am SO sorry your back is hurting, I have to deal with that to some degree every flippin' day. I would not wish that on anyone.  Glad you could still run.  Hope you are back (no pun intended) to 100% in no time!

Good luck with the deep tissue massage, Free Soul.....umm.......

Congrats on your miles, Damaris....nice you could get a 6:30 a.m. run in!

Happy social group running, Z!  Hope the weather behaves for you!

Good luck with the 10 miles, Jack.  Sorry about the heel pain, though.  If it continues, maybe get a sorbothane heel pad to use temporarily for some relief.

Lily, I did not realize you were having surgery.  Wishing you a successful outcome and a very speedy recovery!   Umm, the only thing I remember about Quebec is some battle between General Wolfe and General Montcalm in the French & Indian Wars....that's the extent of my knowledge about Quebec, lol.

Hope you can get your core work in, OOTB.  And be consistent with it.  You don't want to end up like me... 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I hope you don't have neighbours neighbors flying the Seahawks flag.

Hey...Seahawks are in the US...so I fixed your post...  ....of course, in Lily's area, she does have "neighbours".....what's up with that?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ohhh....I thought Quebec was a separate city.....as you can see, I did not major in geography....and often get lost a lot... 

Quebec is sort of like New York. There's New York State and New York City. Then there's Quebec Province and Quebec City.

I think Quebec is also like Texas - it would like to secede.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Back in the 80's the legal drinking age in Canada was 19 I believe (I do not actually know because I was 17 lol), but when we went there we just called it Canada. It wasn't until I was older that I realized it was actually Windsor Ontario.

I am sure I knew that in my earlier years as well, but Canada was a catchall for everything north of us....which is actually south of Detroit.

DavePNW

I think Quebec is also like Texas - it would like the rest of the country is begging them to secede.

FYP.

Dave

happylily

FYP.

Funny. But we're such natural-born irritants here that we will probably stay within Canada just to piss off the anglos.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Funny. But we're such natural-born irritants here that we will probably stay within Canada just to piss off the anglos.

Again, just like Texans.

Dave

happylily

Again, just like Texans.

You got that right. And where do you live again? Oh yeah, Detroit... Much better there. 

B-Plus

I hope you don't have neighbours flying the Seahawks flag.

I can't walk a single block without seeing blue & green something.

B-Plus

Back in the 80's the legal drinking age in Canada was 19 I believe (I do not actually know because I was 17 lol), but when we went there we just called it Canada. It wasn't until I was older that I realized it was actually Windsor Ontario.

I am sure I knew that in my earlier years as well, but Canada was a catchall for everything north of us....which is actually south of Detroit.

It varies from province to province. Lily and Cy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 18 in Quebec. 19 here in BC. Back in the day, my friend used to go to a nightclub near the border to pick up young American women.

From the Internet.

I had to cut my planned 8 mile MLR short at 4.8 miles and take the bus back to work. Left IT band, which has never bothered me before in my life, started complaining around mile 3.5, stretched and massaged my hip a bit but it just continued to get worse. Beyond annoyed right now. I spent the last couple of months running easy miles and I feel like not doing any speedwork at all during that time was a bad call - my legs are rebelling now that I'm trying to add it back into my routine.

Would some kind of professional massage be a good move, or should I just try to work the kinks out myself with foam roller/stick/lacrosse ball?

LRB

Back in the day, my friend used to go to a nightclub near the border to pick up young American women.

Funny, we went there for the same reason. lol

happylily

It varies from province to province. Lily and Cy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 18 in Quebec. 19 here in BC. Back in the day, my friend used to go to a nightclub near the border to pick up young American women.

Yep, 18. We know how to hold our liquor well early, here. :-)