Beginners and Beyond

Throwback ThursDAILIES (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, what a throwback LRB!     Nice!  I was on RA around that time but I hadn't yet found the B&B maybe?

Another day on the couch for me.  I see a nap in my future.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Shari, I'll keep an eye out for some. I checked out one local distributor and they don't list gluten free as an option.

- Andrew

DavePNW

fast guys in the "regular" dailies

Bwahahaha! Good one.

I didn't actually join RA till maybe December sometime? And I had only been on RWOL a month or two, just in time for the spam invasion, so didn't have much of the history there. But I think I found B&B here fairly quickly, although no idea of my first dailies post.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

LRB: Nice throwback! I was either still on RW back then or I was lurking here. It took a lot for me to "come out of my shell." Now look at me; I even have a FB. Lol.

Brrrr: Did you watch Fargo?  With each episode that passes, I keep telling myself that there is no way this can only last 10 episodes. There has got to be another season or some kind of spin off.

Today is day 2 of 100+ degrees and I don't like it. Fortunately, our house stays fairly cool even without running the air.  SRD for me and then it is six tomorrow and ten on Saturday. DW is getting antsy about the marathon. It should be fun. Smile

StepbyStep-SH

Shari, I'll keep an eye out for some. I checked out one local distributor and they don't list gluten free as an option.

Thanks! One of the regional gluten-free brands had some a couple years ago, but our local grocery tried to get some this year and said the manufacturer quit carrying it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Brrrr: Did you watch Fargo?  With each episode that passes, I keep telling myself that there is no way this can only last 10 episodes. There has got to be another season or some kind of spin off.

Yep, I watched it last night and it's getting good. Heck, it's always been good. How many episodes are left? 4?

- Andrew

Hip Redux

I want some coffee.  Someone be a doll and bring me some?  K, thanks.

DavePNW

I didn't actually join RA till maybe December sometime? And I had only been on RWOL a month or two, just in time for the spam invasion, so didn't have much of the history there. But I think I found B&B here fairly quickly, although no idea of my first dailies post.

OK so I had to go back & look. Not sure how to tell when I joined RA or B&B, but my first RA post was 12/29/12, first B&B post 1/6/13, first dailies post 1/20/13:

Hi all,

I have been mostly lurking; as soon as I joined this group, I injured my foot & took 2 weeks off, so nothing to post. Been trying to ease back into it, hopefully now back in full training mode. Solid runs the last 2 days, will cross train with 75 min intense yoga today, and plan a LR tomorrow. I love running in the cold, as long as the snow stays away....

I was never as good at posting while injured as LRB! And the cold that winter was not really cold, based on the standards of this past winter.

That dailies thread was 8 pages long! Started by Weezer88 (who?), and included multiple posts by scrape. of all people. It did include Heidi running a 20-miler, so some things never change.

Dave

outoftheblue

Nice LRB.  Now let's keep these Dailies rolling!

My ankle still feels a little cranky today, so I'm not sure if I will test the TM or not.  It's hot as blazes outside today, so I need to find some indoor projects to occupy myself.   Laundry and cleaning out the kitchen are top of that list.  Blech.

Life is good.

B-Plus

Thanks for the throwback, Rick.

meaghansketch

Rick- Thanks for that throwback post!  Don't think I was posting in the dailies then but was definitely part of that first wave of migrants here from RWOL.

Damaris- Enjoy your massage!

Dave- Nice run!

Julie- Enjoy your miles!

Nice work Phil!  Great to see hard work paying off.

Scott- Enjoy your miles!

Kristin- Sweet progression!  Hoping for good weather for you for Saturday.  I'll be volunteering at the PPTC/Empire Tri Club water stop (fluid station 5) in Prospect Park.

Andrew- Good recovery miles!  Hope you're feeling 100% soon.

Shari- I know the feeling!   That is me too often.  Hope you have a chance to get the miles in later.

Zelanie- Enjoy your runs!

Oski- Hi!  Hope your recovery is going well!

Thursday means speedwork with the team!  A lot of my club members are running a half on Satuday.  They think the coach is going to take it easy on them because of this.  Personally I don't see why you wouldn't just skip Thursday speedwork if you have a half on Saturday (especially if you want to PR).  I'm not racing this weekend, so I'm hoping to get a good workout in.

LRB

And the cold that winter was not really cold, based on the standards of this past winter.

That is so true!  I ran it with just a single pair of fleece gloves and knit liners when things really got cold.  lmao  While this past winter I had to invest in ski gloves with hand warmers and sometimes three layers deep, many, many times!

Weezer was David, a runner from Ohio.  He, Gustav1, and Eddie Moto pretty much started the dailies on RW forever and ever.  Every now and again I or someone else would start them but those three were it.

Weez ran in the morning and was always out the door before 5:00 AM so he started them beforehand.  He mostly would use a song he heard playing as the dailies theme.

Scrape made a New Years resolution to start posting in the dailies at the beginning of 2013 and did so until..well we all know what happened that spring.

LRB

I was on RA around that time but I hadn't yet found the B&B maybe?

I didn't know who or what the hell you were until that fateful day (you know the one), but for some reason took a liking to a bear headed mascot. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is so true!  I ran it with just a single pair of fleece gloves and knit liners when things really got cold.  lmao  While this past winter I had to invest in ski gloves with hand warmers and sometimes three layers deep, many, many times!

Weezer was David, a runner from Ohio.  He, Gustav1, and Eddie Moto pretty much started the dailies on RW forever and ever.  Every now and again I or someone else would start them but those three were it.

Weez ran in the morning and was always out the door before 5:00 AM so he started them beforehand.  He mostly would use a song he heard playing as the dailies theme.

Scrape made a New Years resolution to start posting in the dailies at the beginning of 2013 and did so until..well we all know what happened that spring.

Weezer still does all those things.  He is on my team on the 2014 in 2014 game.  he is posting nowhere but I assume he lurks here.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I miss Weezer.  Also Tigg and Badgie.  All the men of TGT, really. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.