Beginners and Beyond

2015: Day 3. The Dailies (Read 45 times)

LRB

90 minutes easy to finish my second 'high mileage' (everything being relative) week.

Week 1 : 67.25 miles (108.2 km)

Week 2 : 72.75 miles (117.1 km)

5F, windchill of -2F, I finally got to test my new running shirt and gloves. The shirt I definitely like. I don't miss the merinos wool at all.

I was surprised at the gloves. Thin as they are, they get the job done. Once I warmed up (3 miles like Dave said) they were quite comfortable. At $85 they're overpriced though.

You wear a jacket over that shirt?

Congrats on the miles. I have only run in the 70's once.

Cyberic

You wear a jacket over that shirt?

Congrats on the miles. I have only run in the 70's once.

I wear three layers: the Saucony shirt, another shirt with a higher collar and a zip (the zip is the reason I don't wear it as a base layer) and a jacket. Cold does not scare me, but I dress more than you do in equivalent weather.

Little Blue

4 miles walking with my friend, during which I developed a new and interesting knee pain.  Bagged the run, came home and rolled my calf.  Survival seems imminent.

That weather 'up there' looks awful.  We have 50 and drizzle, t'sorms and 70's tomorrow.  Then it's downhill to winter later in the week.  Blech.

LRB

...but I dress more than you do in equivalent weather.

Indeed. You are also much smarter than me.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

4 miles recovery, done! Time to putt around the house and then football. I don't watch much of the NFL regular season but I do make it a point to watch the playoffs. We even got some baby carrots, hummus, and beer to help to assist in our viewing pleasure.

LRB

That weather 'up there' looks awful.  

Pretty depressing huh? We get that for three months out of the year and some of us get it for four or even five months!

onemile

I ran 7 on the trail through some snow and then 1 mile around the neighborhood with Bruno.

DavePNW

6 miles on the treadmill.

Ran while watching the documentary Into the Wind, about Terry Fox. Whom I guess is a national hero in Canada, but I'd never heard of him. For those who do not know the story - after losing his leg to cancer, he decided to run all the way across Canada, on a prosthetic leg, to raise money for cancer research. Very emotional, inspirational story. I was sweating a lot; that must've been the extra liquid coming out of my eyes.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran while watching the documentary Into the Wind, about Terry Fox. Whom I guess is a national hero in Canada, but I'd never heard of him. For those who do not know the story - after losing his leg to cancer, he decided to run all the way across Canada, on a prosthetic leg, to raise money for cancer research. Very emotional, inspirational story. I was sweating a lot; that must've been the extra liquid coming out of my eyes.

Haven't seen the documentary, but yeah, Terry Fox is a big hero up here.

Little Blue

Pretty depressing huh? We get that for three months out of the year and some of us get it for four or even five months!

Yep, I grew up in Akron.  You guys always stir up fond memories of why we left!

Cyberic

It's obviously no secret that I'm a Mizuno fanboy (that should be on the banned list as well), but seriously check out the breath thermo stuff. I wish a grabbed a few when they were on sale a few weeks ago.

For merino, I've read good things about these guys and I'm tempted to give it a try:

http://www.pettetendurance.com

I've got to admit, they seem well designed.

Interesting, all my base layers are synthetic, but often though about getting a wool one, since wool is supposed to keep you warm even when wet. What don't you like about it? The new one you got - is that sort of a waffley weave? I have one like that, I do like it & think it keeps me a bit warmer than normal tech shirt material. Or I imagine it does anyway.

Yes, pretty tight wafles actually. i have another shirt that has its wafles more apart from each other.

happylily

I haven't been posting, because I haven't run since last Sunday. I haven't decided yet whether I want to continue running or not. But today I ran 20 miles @ 8:17 pace. Now I probably won't run until next Saturday...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

You Rang?

Terry Fox is a national hero in Canada.  There is a Terry Fox Run 5k that is held the same weekend as my alma mater's Alumni Reunion Weekend.  Maybe this year I'll remember to register for the Terry Fox Run and run it.

This morning was only six miles and then off to the scales at weight watchers.  I'm down another 1.6 lb. Six more this evening.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

DavePNW

This morning was only six miles and then off to the scales at weight watchers.  I'm down another 1.6 lb. Six more this evening.

Pounds?

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 10.2 after we got home from the puppy pool. Not too bad here. We don't get colder weather until next week.

Marjorie