Beginners and Beyond

Are you afraid to share your race goals? (Read 106 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.

Like I said, very individual.  Some people will do even splits, some positive splits, some negative splits.  If in the end gives you a good performance, it's all good.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Haha.

Like I said, very individual.  Some people will do even splits, some positive splits, some negative splits.  If in the end gives you a good performance, it's all good.

No it isn't, because then people can't argue.  Duh.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Ha!  Sorry for taking it personally.

You know, this week I'll blame everything on taper madness.  Like, swore at wife and kid?  Taper madness!  Beat up a driver who cut me off?  Taper madness!!  your honour, it wasn't me!  It was taper madness!!!

I wasn't implying that YOU are arrogant. I had someone else in mind. 

happylily

You know, this week I'll blame everything on taper madness.  Like, swore at wife and kid?  Taper madness!  Beat up a driver who cut me off?  Taper madness!!  your honour, it wasn't me!  It was taper madness!!!

LOL... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Wife?  Did you get married??

Running is dumb.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Not technically

Wife?  Did you get married??

happylily

Not technically

Do people still get married around here? I haven't been to a wedding in ages...

catwhoorg

Labrat

Do people still get married around here? I haven't been to a wedding in ages...

Your invite must have gotten lost...

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

happylily

Your invite must have gotten lost...

And thank God for that! 

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

I've been to a few weddings, they are too damn expensive for anyone but the most determined couples.

If you're doing it for the first time, I see the point.. if not, I kinda don't.

happylily

True story: SO and I had been together for 22 years when we decided to get married in Mexico, just with our kids as witnesses. We didn't tell anyone in SO's family, just because we didn't want any attention our ourselves (our nephew was getting married the week after). We did tell one of my sister-in-laws, by accident, sort of randomly. Once in Mexico, on the spur of the moment, we decided that $1000 was too much to pay for a piece of paper and we didn't like the idea of a "contract" between us after all. So we paid $400 for an unofficial ceremony and a little party for us and the kids and we donated the rest of the $1000 to a local village school. Back home, the sister-in-law who knew about our wedding in Mexico told another sister-in-law about it while we were gone. That sister-in-law became really angry because she felt we had "lied" to her (her words) and she and her husband stopped talking to the rest of the family, even though only one sibling out of 6 knew about the whole thing. It's been 3 years since and the rift still exists. No one knows that we are still not officially married. We're afraid to tell them.  Weddings make people crazy...

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

omg that's quite a story   people indeed get upset for the weirdest reason

I am really quite impressed that you donated the $$$!

True story: SO and I had been together for 22 years when we decided to get married in Mexico, just with our kids as witnesses. We didn't tell anyone in SO's family, just because we didn't want any attention our ourselves (our nephew was getting married the week after). We did tell one of my sister-in-laws, by accident, sort of randomly. Once in Mexico, on the spur of the moment, we decided that $1000 was too much to pay for a piece of paper and we didn't like the idea of a "contract" between us after all. So we paid $400 for an unofficial ceremony and a little party for us and the kids and we donated the rest of the $1000 to a local village school. Back home, the sister-in-law who knew about our wedding in Mexico told another sister-in-law about it while we were gone. That sister-in-law became really angry because she felt we had "lied" to her (her words) and she and her husband stopped talking to the rest of the family, even though only one sibling out of 6 knew about the whole thing. It's been 3 years since and the rift still exists. No one knows that we are still not officially married. We're afraid to tell them.  Weddings make people crazy...

DavePNW

True story: SO and I had been together for 22 years when we decided to get married in Mexico, just with our kids as witnesses. We didn't tell anyone in SO's family, just because we didn't want any attention our ourselves (our nephew was getting married the week after). We did tell one of my sister-in-laws, by accident, sort of randomly. Once in Mexico, on the spur of the moment, we decided that $1000 was too much to pay for a piece of paper and we didn't like the idea of a "contract" between us after all. So we paid $400 for an unofficial ceremony and a little party for us and the kids and we donated the rest of the $1000 to a local village school. Back home, the sister-in-law who knew about our wedding in Mexico told another sister-in-law about it while we were gone. That sister-in-law became really angry because she felt we had "lied" to her (her words) and she and her husband stopped talking to the rest of the family, even though only one sibling out of 6 knew about the whole thing. It's been 3 years since and the rift still exists. No one knows that we are still not officially married. We're afraid to tell them.  Fake Weddings make people crazy...

FYP.

Dave

happylily

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DH and I got married in front of the judge, it was quick and like $25 or $50 for the marriage license. Of course at the time so many of my family members were angry that I was with a man so much older than me  DH actually wants us to have a really nice wedding for our 10 year anniversary coming up in November 2016, he wants to see me in a wedding dress.... I told him it had to be platinum, silver or something like that as long as it wasn't white. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)