Beginners and Beyond

It's Raining TUESDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Zelanie

Scotty- Don't cut the red wire!

Yesterday it was so nice out that I "accidentally" ran 6 instead of 5.  Today I have 5 with strides.

LRB

Some dude just walked into the restaurant I am eating at and went straight to the condiment bar, filled a small cup with salsa then walked out.  Really?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some dude just walked into the restaurant I am eating at and went straight to the condiment bar, filled a small cup with salsa then walked out.  Really?

Hehe.  Kind of like the people that used to go into Wendy's and emptied their utensils and napkins sections.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, runners!

My plan calls for 14 miles this morning, and I plan to make it a hill workout. While my marathon isn't hilly, the 50k six weeks later is.

That kinda sucked. I was looking for an excuse to stop from a half-mile in, but still forced myself, somehow, to do the whole hill workout. Two weeks ago I did this workout and ran all 10 repeats all the way to the top. Today I only managed to run 2 full repeats - all the rest I walked at some point. 11.92 miles. I will make up the extra later this week.

Now I get to enjoy what was supposed to be a smoothie, but ended up thick enough that it is basically banana-mango-cinnamon ice cream. Yum.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Could not decide last night whether to plan to run in the morning or at lunch. I like to get it out of the way in the AM, but it was cold & rainy. Could've treadmilled, but the lunchtime weather forecast looked beautiful. Lunchtime won; 5 MP miles. And it was beautiful out.

Dave

LRB

And it was is beautiful out.

FYP.

Lily, boo on your body's dissent yesterday. I hope that tonight is better.

Shari, I wish that your run had gone better. But that smoothie sounds like a delicious mood lifter.

Phil, enjoy the TM.

scottydawg, have fun outdoors for me, too, while you're at it. I've been having trouble sleeping because of congestion. I hope that the Acapella device, http://www.smiths-medical.com/catalog/bronchial-hygiene/acapella/acapella.html, will help.

Slymoon Runs, enjoy the three with strides.

Rick, wonderful seven. What was the deal with that guy?

Marjorie, have a pleasant run.

Andrew, sweet six.

Zelanie, great six-miler yesterday. Have an even better run later.

DaveP MI, I'm glad that you made it outside. Fantastic five.

Now, I'm not sure what to do about my workout schedule for the rest of the week. Except for tonight. I'll actually do weights and cardio. I'm thinking of doing my second cardio session tomorrow morning, then, joining the run club after work for five or six miles. After tonight, I'll need to do one cardio session, one lifting session, two five- or six-mile runs, and a ten-miler. It seems that I'll have to move the ten-miler to Friday after work. Grrr.

On the bright side, I should receive my elevation training mask (http://www.trainingmask.com/products/TRAINING-MASK-2.0.html) today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to using it.

LRB

On the bright side, I should receive my elevation training mask (http://www.trainingmask.com/products/TRAINING-MASK-2.0.html) today or tomorrow. I'm looking forward to using it.

Looks interesting.  I would get shot though if I to wear it while running through the streets of Macomb County.  lol

Where did you come across that?

Rick, I saw someone at the gym wearing it. I asked about it. I finally decided to splurge.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad you got your run in, LRB, and the route was nice to you!

lol, slymoon...cowtown is a popular race, I would not want to be up front either, probably get run right over by stampeding runners!

Enjoy your time with ART, Marjorie and hope he treats you nice. You can run after ART?  I would think running before would be better, and then the ART would help with any post-run soreness.  Well, good luck with it all!

70!  Heat wave for you, Andrew! Snow is almost done melting,   So my idiot weather forecaster on the local news lied last night, lol.  His comment, as he had the US map up, was "There is no snow right now anywhere in the lower 48 states, and no new snow coming for a while."  Ummm, okay...

Zelanie, I'm not doing anything, the electrician will do it all.  Believe me, with my handy-man skills, it's better that I DON'T help!

You got it done, Step, congrats! You earned that reward!

5 miles and beautiful weather, nice Dave!

Sorry about the congestion, Basya.  I have congestion in bed too....4 cats sleeping on the bed creates a lot of congestion, it's hard to move around,  roll over and get comfortable when you keep running into a cat!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Rick, I saw someone at the gym wearing it. I asked about it. I finally decided to splurge.

Awesome!  There is a chapter in Daniels about training at altitude you may wanna thumb through as well.  Keep track of your workouts with it and let us know how/if it works for you.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Maybe he's going to a dance contest and needs some extra 'salsa" in his step....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Awesome!  There is a chapter in Daniels about training at altitude you may wanna thumb through as well.  Keep track of your workouts with it and let us know how/if it works for you.

I saw a guy wearing one of those in the Half Marathon this Saturday...  Passing back by him I could hear him Darth Vadering from 25 feet!

@Scotty

Hahah.

LRB

Passing back by him I could hear him Darth Vadering from 25 feet!

"Moon, I am your father."  lol

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

So my idiot weather forecaster on the local news lied last night, lol.  His comment, as he had the US map up, was "There is no snow right now anywhere in the lower 48 states, and no new snow coming for a while."  Ummm, okay...

There's a little truth to that. It's like when you ask a statistician to get you the numbers you want - they'll find a way. Technically if all snow fell in a nice blanket across the U.S. then it would have all have been melted by now. But we use snow throwers/blowers to chuck it around and it gets put in piles along sidewalks, etc. So even though most of the snow is gone, there's a little left, where the piles were a little larger.

- Andrew