Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 51 times)

YAYpril - B-Plus

That is the right attitude April!!

My long distance PR's from Sept/Oct, age 50 are 1:57 half, 4:20 full.   Might be fast to some, probably not.

However my hubby and most of my friends BQ on a regular basis, a 3:40 marathon is slow to them so

and I am definitely the very slow one in  the group. None of them has ever made me feel that my efforts are less

worthy than thiers. Some of them, including hubby,  were waiting for me at the finish line of my 4:20 PR marathon

in Sept. They made me feel like a rock star even though they had finished long long before me.

As long as we do what we can, with what we have, give our best then we have every right to be proud of our efforts.

As far as I'm concerned, the best part of being "the slow one" is that I have lots of my friends cheering me on at the finish line. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Heidi I still can't belueve you've been running less than a year, jumped straight to a marathon and ran it so fast!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

As far as I'm concerned, the best part of being "the slow one" is that I have lots of my friends cheering me on at the finish line. Smile

Me too. Plus they bring my warm/dry clothes to the finish line and are there to take my pic!!Smile

LRB, I lurk more than I post, so I feel right at home while some of you are probably saying, who's this girl? Lol. What can I say, I'm a busy mom who is way more consistent with my miles than my posting.  Way to get in the tough run.  It makes the rest of them that much more enjoyable.

Heidi, nice recovery run!

Congrats, April!

Kristin, I had been running almost a year.  My first half was a "just to finish" pace.

Nice run, Beth.  I have days like that too.  Stupid Canada winters.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Just B.S.

Nice run, Beth.  I have days like that too.  Stupid Canada winters.

Thanks Paula. Nice to see you post.

January was terribly cold here. We had two straight weeks of -15 to -25C plus windchill.

What has kept me going and running outside thru all of that was the thought that 3 weeks from today

I will be in Florida for the Disney Princess AND hopefully be warm for the first time since October.Smile

That and the marathon I am running on Mother's Day keep me putting in the miles.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not unlike the real world where someone might have blonde hair, blue eyes, long legs, have a muscular build or are tall.  We cannot control what we don't have, all we can do is improve upon what we do have.

Similarly, in the running world we are who we are, all we can do is try to be the best that we can be.

There are some super fast runners who post here, both fast now and who once were. By sharing their race strategies and training ideals, we can all apply some of what they do to help us reach our potential.

There are also runners who are not so fast who share their training ideals and thus, the faster runners may learn something from them as well.

Every single person who posts in the dailies would like to run faster, faster as it applies to them.  If you stick around and pay attention, you will learn how to do just that, as it applies to you.

But I want to be fast like you, only I bet you have 6 ft long legs Big grin while I have......3 ft long legs..... as you said I can only be the best I can, but there is most likely a limit for me. And I was just playing :P about the hate part, I admire ya'll for your pace abilities whether it is due to long legs/stride length, stamina or just genetic, I am sure with enough time and confidence building that I might be able to see close to a sub 8 minute pace for 5k's and a sub 9 pace for 10k's although for those I need like a 2-3 mile warm up first Cool

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Sunday, February 3, 2013, I participated in the Super Bowl Sunday 7K in San Antonio.  Course was along the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Below is the link to my report and photos on this event.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A3e2a90a8-58f5-4983-aa15-e54cd7dc9e43

The report is also on this forum too. For some reason, this time when I cut-and-pasted, the full report and photos was allowed to be copied onto this forum, go figure.  So you can see (I think) the  report and photos on this forum too, without using the above link.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well said.

Not unlike the real world where someone might have blonde hair, blue eyes, long legs, have a muscular build or are tall.  We cannot control what we don't have, all we can do is improve upon what we do have.

Similarly, in the running world we are who we are, all we can do is try to be the best that we can be.

There are some super fast runners who post here, both fast now and who once were. By sharing their race strategies and training ideals, we can all apply some of what they do to help us reach our potential.

There are also runners who are not so fast who share their training ideals and thus, the faster runners may learn something from them as well.

Every single person who posts in the dailies would like to run faster, faster as it applies to them.  If you stick around and pay attention, you will learn how to do just that, as it applies to you.

Damaris

Nevrgivup

Nice job April on your PR.

Kristin- I waited a year to run a half.

Basya- Thank you so much for the shout out. You are so generous with your compliments and never leave anyone out.

Just Beth-  I love everything about you. Smile

Heidi- You are my long distance BFF. Its incredible that you can run an easy 8 after running the pace and distance that you did yesterday.

Ok. I apologize for those that I did not give shout outs to. The dailies is getting way too big for personals. I forgot to mention that Dh made a cute little video of me running today. I posted it on FB.  He crept up behind me as I was taking my time out there in the snow covered road. It was cute. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sniff!  (just kidding).

It has been a while since the dailies had 5-10 pages a day.  Last time it happened, the mammals started.

Nice job April on your PR.

Kristin- I waited a year to run a half.

Basya- Thank you so much for the shout out. You are so generous with your compliments and never leave anyone out.

Just Beth-  I love everything about you. Smile

Heidi- You are my long distance BFF. Its incredible that you can run an easy 8 after running the pace and distance that you did yesterday.

Ok. I apologize for those that I did not give shout outs to. The dailies is getting way too big for personals. I forgot to mention that Dh made a cute little video of me running today. I posted it on FB.  He crept up behind me as I was taking my time out there in the snow covered road. It was cute. Smile

Damaris

LRB

But I want to be fast like you, only I bet you have 6 ft long legs Big grin while I have......3 ft long legs..... as you said I can only be the best I can, but there is most likely a limit for me. And I was just playing :P about the hate part, I admire ya'll for your pace abilities whether it is due to long legs/stride length, stamina or just genetic, I am sure with enough time and confidence building that I might be able to see close to a sub 8 minute pace for 5k's and a sub 9 pace for 10k's although for those I need like a 2-3 mile warm up first Cool

I understood what you meant.  You will do great!

LRB

LRB: Ohhhh, man....that sounds like a tough one, but you got the miles in and that is what matters.  Well done!

Whoops I almost missed ya.  You know I have the attention span of a gnat!

Thanks!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I understood what you meant.  You will do great!

Cool someday I will tap the full potential of my stubby but strong legs Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

runmomto3boys

LRB: Very well put!  I concur!

Paula: :waving: Hi, there!!!  I'm glad you popped in.  I haven't kept in touch with you since your FM nearly enough!

Hilary: Hi, bestie!  :smooooch:  Killer run today.  Loved the vid, too.  Who has the best hubby in the whole wide world???

Kristin: Thank you!  I know, I'm an odd duck!

Free Soul: You have lots of improvement ahead of you yet.  Keep on doing what you are doing!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Fuck you pipe!  15 miles @ 7:51/mile done.  #unbreakable  Smile

I went back and took a couple of pics of the pipe to send to the city.  The first one is how it looked when I stepped in it, second is after I removed some of the grass covering it up.  It's about a foot across.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!