Beginners and Beyond

Race Report- 2nd place in the A-Z duel, but a PR and AG award! (Read 323 times)

kitteh

WTG Zel, and good luck with your upcoming training!

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Great race, Zelanie! Congratulations on the PR and the AG award!!

happylily

Congratulations on a great time and AG award! You received some great goodies there, awesome!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice PR, Zel. It had to be hard to get motivated in weather like that. 37 degrees?! No thanks, I am staying in bed!

WELL DONE!!

runmomto3boys

Wow!  Congratulations on a nice PR and on placing second in your AG!  You are in great shape to start training for your HM!  It will be fun to watch and see how much faster you can get over the course of training. 

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats on the PR and the AG placement!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Singer who runs a smidge

I haven't seen awood's RR yet, but I bet he had no wind, clear skies, and a magic bean from a leprechaun to help him win. Roll eyes  Woo-hoo for your PR and your AG award!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Stop N Go

That's a great time in those conditions! 43 seconds is a huge improvement as well. Nice job!

5k PR Oct 2012 - 23:20

5k Goal 2013 - 21:5x

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Its standard procedure on the forums that you adjust all race time for AG placing when competing against other forumites, this allows for size of field equalization.

For a 5k the adjustments typically are 1st AG -30 sec; 2nd AG -20sec; 3rd AG -10 sec.

So by my calcuations Awood loses to you!

Great race, sounds like lots of fun, chili after a race on an empty stomach --- ehhh ...  I'll forgive you if something happens next, hehe.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great job with the race, the AG placing, and nice swag.  That was very smart to use this race to set your training paces for your first half.  Now you'll be training based on your fitness, and not just your goal.  It sounds like you had a lot of fun with your virtual competition too!  Keep up the good work.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

SheCan

Zelanie, congratulations on the PR and the AG award!   What a fun challenge between you and Awood.  You both did so well.  The after party sounds pretty darned nice too with the hot chocolate and chili--- yum!      Good luck with the training for your HM!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

4outa5- I like your thinking there!  As for the chili, as a vegetarian I didn't have any, but I think it was a nice thing to have for the runners on a cold day!  I just had some water, actually, although I did enjoy my packet of cocoa in my new mug as I was typing my RR.

SoI'maRunner- Thanks!  I hear that a lot of people are slower at the HM than their 5K time would predict, especially if their base was low, but this race worked for me as far as getting paces to begin my plan.  Then depending on how it seems to be going, I can always adjust.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Congratulations, Zel!!! Speedy! Cool

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Congrats!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice bling!  Congrats on your race and the AG award and the PR, way to go!

Dang, you are speedy! So much for me ever chasing your Great Legs, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt