Beginners and Beyond

Magnoperate Mondailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

2 lbs up is not so bad, Andrew.  You have probably already run more than that off by now.

I have not looked at that stupid scale in a month, and for good reason; I don't want it to explode.  BLOOF!

Pinktastic

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Our dog is sick so I took another day off to take her to the vet this morning.   They think she has some kind of stomach virus which is pretty much what we thought.  They gave her some meds and I'm monitoring her - currently she's sleeping.

40 minutes on the spin bike at lunch today.  It went better than previous spin workouts have so I'm happy about that.

Have a Pinktabulous afternoon!   And, may your next run de-clutter your mind and free you from any stress you may have!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not looked at that stupid scale in a month, and for good reason; I don't want it to explode.  BLOOF!

It does not explode when you carbo load?

Damaris

LRB

It does not explode when you carbo load?

No, my carb-load is high in carbs, but not necessarily high in calories...in relation to the miles I run that is.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I try not to weigh myself while carbo loading.  This time, I used Ultra Fuel and it worked great.  I gained 4lbs but I burned them yesterday, back on my normal weight today.  And no fat on Ultra Fuel, which I have always find a problem with adding more carbs to the diet.  I got the fat in the mofongo I ate on Saturday, score!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have to get out the door before 6 Scotty, because I have to be back before DH gets up to get ready to leave otherwise I might not get to run that day Sad

I weighed myself 2 days before Thanksgiving and I will not get on that thing until New Years Day.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I didn't know tape sets the scanners.  I thought I had tape when I hopped on the plane to NYC but I don't recall.  Interesting....

The wave ones it could where the do the stand still scan. . They look for weird layers. The tape would be a layer under the nornal clothing so it could pick it up. I've been told anything more than 2 it often sets it too. Idk. I get tagged for extra pat down every time I go through Charleston. Rarely anywhere else. But almost every single time here.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, that is the one they use in Miami.  Makes the 1 hour line a 2 hour line and now they are putting us through there all the time (while before it was on random days).  There is always an idiot with his phone in his pocket.

Damaris

Hip Redux

40 minutes on the TM at work.  I don't think they are anywhere near calibrated, so I just go by time and not distance.  Plus, that's about as long as I can mange on that damn contraption.

LRB

40 minutes on the TM at work.  I don't think they are anywhere near calibrated, so I just go by time and not distance.  Plus, that's about as long as I can mange on that damn contraption.

Sometimes I equate the time I run on the treadmill, to a distance I normally would run in that time on the street.  Which reminds me, treadmill season is fast approaching...and speaking of that, you should see the 'ho outfit I am running in tomorrow!  Joking

Phil, sometimes, not spending can be good.

FreeSoul87, fantastic 4.3.

Shari, I hope that cross-training with the housework went well.

Andrew, amazing tempo run this morning.

Marjorie, have a safe trip.

Damaris, the tzitzit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzitzit) a friend wears sets off the scanner.

scottydawg, I'm recovering from damage done by pertussis that was not diagnosed in a timely manner.

Sarah, I hope that your dog feels better soon. Brava on the spinning.

Oski, great job on the TM.

3.0 in 27:44.25 (9:15) during my break. All-around awesome. Mile one was at a 9:25 pace. Miles two and three? 9:08 and 9:09, respectively. Two miles at MPSmile

Hip Redux

Sometimes I equate the time I run on the treadmill, to a distance I normally would run in that time on the street.  Which reminds me, treadmill season is fast approaching...and speaking of that, you should see the 'ho outfit I am running in tomorrow!  Joking

Oh, I think we need photos of a ho outfit. :P

I find that I can last longer on the TM if there's a mirror in front of me.  I guess I like staring at myself? lol  But it's really that I over analyze my gait for the whole thing and that passes time fast.

Yugo18

14 very easy.  Became quite hot and ended up taking off my long-sleeved shirt and tying it around my waist, which felt really funny.  Smile  A nice older couple kindly yelled toward me, warning me I will catch a cold.  He he.

I posted here a little bit last year, got off track, and now I am back.  Whoo-hoo?

LRB

I find that I can last longer on the TM if there's a mirror in front of me.

I need a mirror, the TV and music!  I try not to look at my gait though, I found that it tricks me into thinking I need to change something.  So I blow kisses at myself instead.  Clown

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

No, my carb-load is high in carbs, but not necessarily high in calories...in relation to the miles I run that is.

What are some of your carb loading foods?