Beginners and Beyond

Magnoperate Mondailies (Read 37 times)

LRB

What are some of your carb loading foods?

Marathon 1:

Endurox 12 ounces 54 grams

Coffee 10 grams

Pancakes/syrup eggs 110 grams

Blueberry/cranberry bran muffin 51 grams

Banana 24 grams

Nectarine 16 grams

Sweet potato 24 grams

Vegetable fried rice 150 grams

Mango juice (fortified with protein) 8 ounces 30 grams

Black beans, lentils, wild rice and sesame crackers 100 grams

Powerade 64 ounces 105 grams

Total carbs: 674

Marathon 2:

Mango juice 30

Coffee 10

Pancakes 110

PowerAde 52.5

Rice 55

Asparagus 5

Spinach 7

Banana 23

Sweet potato 24

Muffin 50

Hash browns 75

PowerAde 52.5

Beet juice 10

Peach 15

Pb/j 50

Total Carbs: 570

The calories were in the neighborhood of 4 to 5000 for each, and as we know, a pound of fat is 3500 calories in excess of your daily allotment.  So I had no issues whatsoever consuming the amount of carbs I did the day before each event.  The pancakes are the most calorie laden of the lot, and also the most yummy!

Hip Redux

14 very easy.  Became quite hot and ended up taking off my long-sleeved shirt and tying it around my waist, which felt really funny.  Smile  A nice older couple kindly yelled toward me, warning me I will catch a cold.  He he.

I posted here a little bit last year, got off track, and now I am back.  Whoo-hoo?

Welcome back!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Marathon 1:

Endurox 12 ounces 54 grams

Coffee 10 grams

Pancakes/syrup eggs 110 grams

Blueberry/cranberry bran muffin 51 grams

Banana 24 grams

Nectarine 16 grams

Sweet potato 24 grams

Vegetable fried rice 150 grams

Mango juice (fortified with protein) 8 ounces 30 grams

Black beans, lentils, wild rice and sesame crackers 100 grams

Powerade 64 ounces 105 grams

Total carbs: 674

Marathon 2:

Mango juice 30

Coffee 10

Pancakes 110

PowerAde 52.5

Rice 55

Asparagus 5

Spinach 7

Banana 23

Sweet potato 24

Muffin 50

Hash browns 75

PowerAde 52.5

Beet juice 10

Peach 15

Pb/j 50

Total Carbs: 570

The calories were in the neighborhood of 4 to 5000 for each, and as we know, a pound of fat is 3500 calories in excess of your daily allotment.  So I had no issues whatsoever consuming the amount of carbs I did the day before each event.  The pancakes are the most calorie laden of the lot, and also the most yummy!

Thanks, LRB. Some of those are definitely on my list for Friday and Saturday. Smile

LRB

Thanks, LRB. Some of those are definitely on my list for Friday and Saturday. Smile

Yeah the rice and black bean combo is incredibly carb dense without the bulk of calories.  The hardest part was drinking those last few ounces of Gatorade before bed.  By then, I was done with everything!

Eating carbs the morning of the race is just as important, if you trained that way that is.  I ate a half bagel with jam, 12 ounces of juice and my usual coffee for 75 carbs a couple of hours before the event.

The key thing for me was waking up four hours before the start though.  The marathon is not something you want to roll out of bed and run unless again, that is the way you trained.

LRB

14 very easy.

I have never uttered those words...unless it was me trying on a ladies size 14 pair of jeans.  lol

LRB

Oh, I think we need photos of a ho outfit. :P

If all works out well, gladly!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yeah the rice and black bean combo is incredibly carb dense without the bulk of calories.  The hardest part was drinking those last few ounces of Gatorade before bed.  By then, I was done with everything!

Eating carbs the morning of the race is just as important, if you trained that way that is.  I ate a half bagel with jam, 12 ounces of juice and my usual coffee for 75 carbs a couple of hours before the event.

The key thing for me was waking up four hours before the start though.  The marathon is not something you want to roll out of bed and run unless again, that is the way you trained.

I will likely get started late Friday. It is not something I'm looking forward to. Grape juice also has a huge number and I'm going to get some black beans. I may just get a Chipotle burrito for lunch, extra rice and beans, of course!

LRB

I may just get a Chipotle burrito for lunch, extra rice and beans, of course!

Burritos work well.  The seven layer burrito at Taco Smell is 68 grams of carbs if I recall correctly.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Burritos work well.  The seven layer burrito at Taco Smell is 68 grams of carbs if I recall correctly.

We call it "Taco Hell," but it's the same.

DavePNW

Dave

LRB

We call it "Taco Hell," but it's the same.

That is funny!

Supp DP!  Next time tell that fool to get rice with his order.  ;-)

Hip Redux

Taco Bell: Make a run to the bathroom.

(for those of us that remember their old slogan!)

Yugo18, welcome back! Amazing fourteen.

8.0 on the TM in 1:19:48, including an Albuterol break. Push-ups, and ab work, too.

LRB

(for those of us that remember their old slogan!)

Yep, shit I remember when they sold tostadas, and offered black olives.

LRB

Yep, shit I remember when they sold tostadas, and offered black olives.

And green onions.