Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Hello my long lost friend (Read 39 times)

LRB

...yet I feel invincible during peak weeks.

That is a good way to put it.

Ric-G

agree with the general sentiment on cutback weeks - they don't always feel great and you can feel more sluggish than expected. it's probably a good sign that the rest of your training is going well.

5 miles this AM and kid activities after work...fun.

zel - hope everything goes well with zoe

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hello.......

Sunny, Sunny, SUNNY in San Antonio today, with a high of 84 at my run time after work (between 4 and 6 pm) and the dew-point at 44/45 during my run-time...SWEEEET!  Either will be in one of the local parks to day for my run or the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Of course, with this great weather, the Riverwalk may end up being pretty crowded.  However, since I run a pretty slow pace anyway the crowds never really bother me, lol. I always enjoy my run/walks down there.   Gail is planning to do yoga after work.. 90 minutes in a 105-degree room...she needs it!  She's been busy working on our tax filing and was going a bit nutso last night, I finally had to drag her away for her own good from the computer and all the paperwork around her so she would calm down a bit.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

It is not bad here either for once Scotty.

I just remembered that during my run this morning, I ran past a quarter lying on the ground.  I went about 20 yards or so past it before reluctantly turning around and picking it up.

It was kind of a weird thing, but the thought went through my mind and I asked myself while running am I to the point where I would not pick up a quarter.

It is more symbolic than anything, but I just thought I would pass that along because I did not want to break my stride.  But the answer to the question was no, I most definitely am not.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to you and Rocky, FreeSoul!  I am totally the opposite, I much prefer running in the PM when the sun is out, the sky is blue, the world is full of light....and I can actually SEE any Great Legs around.     Of course, when Texas summer gets here and my after-work temps start hitting the 100s then sadly I am going to be FORCED to go run in the cooler earlier a.m. temps.   96 degrees is my 'cut-off' temp...if it stays 96 or below then I can still do my after work run.  So I'm hoping we don't get too many 100 degree days this summer like we did last summer.  We had over THIRTY days over the summer last year that hit the triple-digit mark...gaaack!

Dang, Damaris, you are already doing long runs so soon after your surgery!  Impressive!  How long is your long run for right now?

9 GA with 2 or 3 miles of hills after work.   Lily...you're running in Georgia?    What does "GA" mean?  "Galloping Around" miles? "Ghastly Amount" miles?  Or mabye..."Giddyup, Ass!" miles? 

Congrats on your outside miles, Baboon!  Yeah, those cars whizzing past you are a pain...but at least that's better than passengers in the cars whizzing AT you as they pass...

I can't help you there, Step...with the low weekly mileage I do, lol, I don't need cut-back weeks anymore.   Wow, 6 miles on an INDOOR track...that is a lot of dang patience you have there!  Especially if the indoor track is a shorter distance around than a regular distance outdoor track.

Congrats on your outside run, LRB!  Glad you negotiated the frozen sidewalks safely.

Zelanie, wishing Zoe all the luck with her surgery!  BTW, PM me your snail-mail, I have something to send you.

unless I wanted to get up at 4AM instead of the usual 5AM.  That's exactly what I have to do in Texas summers, Dave, since I have to be at work at 7 a.m.   Dang 100-degree Texas summer days!   Sorry about the insomnia.  Good luck with your PM miles.  Since it is PM, will it be warmer for you at that time so you can do outside miles?

Congrats on your 11, Andrew.  You deliver Meals on Wheels lunches?  Very nice of you!  Good luck to your DW with her license. Does she have to take the test again?

Have fun with the kids, Ric!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats to you and Rocky, FreeSoul!  I am totally the opposite, I much prefer running in the PM when the sun is out, the sky is blue, the world is full of light....and I can actually SEE any Great Legs around.     Of course, when Texas summer gets here and my after-work temps start hitting the 100s then sadly I am going to be FORCED to go run in the cooler earlier a.m. temps.   96 degrees is my 'cut-off' temp...if it stays 96 or below then I can still do my after work run.  So I'm hoping we don't get too many 100 degree days this summer like we did last summer.  We had over THIRTY days over the summer last year that hit the triple-digit mark...gaaack!

Dang, Damaris, you are already doing long runs so soon after your surgery!  Impressive!  How long is your long run for right now?

9 GA with 2 or 3 miles of hills after work.   Lily...you're running in Georgia?    What does "GA" mean?  "Galloping Around" miles? "Ghastly Amount" miles?  Or mabye..."Giddyup, Ass!" miles? 

Congrats on your outside miles, Baboon!  Yeah, those cars whizzing past you are a pain...but at least that's better than passengers in the cars whizzing AT you as they pass...

I can't help you there, Step...with the low weekly mileage I do, lol, I don't need cut-back weeks anymore.   Wow, 6 miles on an INDOOR track...that is a lot of dang patience you have there!  Especially if the indoor track is a shorter distance around than a regular distance outdoor track.

Congrats on your outside run, LRB!  Glad you negotiated the frozen sidewalks safely.

Zelanie, wishing Zoe all the luck with her surgery!  BTW, PM me your snail-mail, I have something to send you.

unless I wanted to get up at 4AM instead of the usual 5AM.  That's exactly what I have to do in Texas summers, Dave, since I have to be at work at 7 a.m.   Dang 100-degree Texas summer days!   Sorry about the insomnia.  Good luck with your PM miles.  Since it is PM, will it be warmer for you at that time so you can do outside miles?

Congrats on your 11, Andrew.  You deliver Meals on Wheels lunches?  Very nice of you!  Good luck to your DW with her license. Does she have to take the test again?

Have fun with the kids, Ric!

This week?  Technically 9, but I am trying to run it before Sunday because the LR then will be higher.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is not bad here either for once Scotty.

I just remembered that during my run this morning, I ran past a quarter lying on the ground.  I went about 20 yards or so past it before reluctantly turning around and picking it up.

It was kind of a weird thing, but the thought went through my mind and I asked myself while running am I to the point where I would not pick up a quarter.

It is more symbolic than anything, but I just thought I would pass that along because I did not want to break my stride.  But the answer to the question was no, I most definitely am not.

Heck, I stop to pick up pennies I see, lol.  I'm a bit superstitious I guess...I always figure if I see money lying on the street that's just pure luck and not picking it up may end up giving me some kinda back luck.  Silly, totally unrealistic, but there it is.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yeah Scotty, I'm a backup for a guy who normally does them. It's pretty fun. We had a couple of new people today.

DW doesn't have to retake her test at renewal. Basically you fill out the form, pay the money, they take your picture and then print your new license right there.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

ART treatment this am. Found my quad is pretty wonky too since it has been doing so much of the work during my runs to make up for the other messed up crap. 8.2 miles after. One of the fastest miles I've had since before the June injury so it helped. I slowed back down but was nice to run faster and not hurt or feel afraid it would hurt.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My two new pairs of shoes won't be in until tomorrow, damn it I was really hoping at least one would be delivered today and I could try them out tomorrow morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Thanks, everyone, for chiming in! I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling worse during the cutback than I did last week doing tougher/longer miles.

LRB - I still stop for quarters, but the penny I saw on my long run Friday was not worth breaking stride for!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

LRB - I still stop for quarters, but the penny I saw on my long run Friday was not worth breaking stride for!

I know that's right!

outoftheblue

Just 4 easy miles for me today, with 1 at GHMP.    My legs are enjoying the final taper period.

Zel -- I really hope the surgery went well for your puppy-dog today.

LRB -- I'd still pick up a quarter, but I'm not sure about a dime.  Definitely not a penny, other than for symbolic luck.

Life is good.

happylily

9 miles done, including 3x1600m @ 6% incline, 3x1600m @ -3%, 8:06 overall average pace. Hill work burns my lungs just as much as speedwork.  Now bath and supper, as usual. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LRB -- I'd still pick up a quarter, but I'm not sure about a dime.  Definitely not a penny, other than for symbolic luck.

Like Scotty, I pick up pennies, although not while running.  It is funny that I have such a keen eye for money, but would walk right past someone I know in a store!