Beginners and Beyond

A conversation about RWOL, the beginners forum, L&O as was and anyone else who wants to join in. (Read 273 times)

I'm here until 11 people.

This was me earlier in the L&O and some folks got their feelings hurt. I actually feel bad about some of the stuff, but it's amazing how butt hurt some folks get over the interwebs.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

LRB

No.  As owner of the website Eric is the owner of this forum.  Damaris may have created this group within the greater website and exercise some modicum of moderation control over day to day postings.  But she doesn't own it.

Actually, she did not create the group, it was a gift from the Devil himself!

LRB

This was me earlier in the L&O and some folks got their feelings hurt. I actually feel bad about some of the stuff, but it's amazing how butt hurt some folks get over the interwebs.

It's amazing how personal feelings are so entrenched.  I mean, some of these people hate me more than my baby momma.  How in the fuck is that even possible?!  At least she has an excuse, she had to live with my wretched ass.  Cool

an amazing likeness

Damaris is the  OWNER of this forum, and people come on here and talk complete crap to her. And they are still not banned. Right there this says something.

As someone who skims through messages in this group from time to time, I am almost certainly out of touch with the nuance of what the hell you folks are torqued about today. However...

I feel the need to react to this and directly make one thing clear. Eric is the owner of this forum.  There are moderators and there is a role called "owner" which is best represented as "creator of the group within the RunningAhead community", the first moderator, if you will.

I know nothing of RWOL or what it is, or was. However, RunningAhead is a benevolent dictatorship.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

LOL

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Just B.S.

It's amazing how personal feelings are so entrenched.  I mean, some of these people hate me more than my baby momma.  How in the fuck is that even possible?!  At least she has an excuse, she had to live with my wretched ass.  Cool

LRB, I cannot even imagine how either scenario is possible.Smile

Man I am glad I am not in your position.

I have a few folks who think I am a D-bag, but not too many. Also not anyone that really matters.

Tomas

AutBatgirl

Part (a) still stands, for whatever reason we have very new people in charge, who aren't strong personalities and will moderate to make themself 'popular'.

I don't know who you are referring to, because I have a very strong personality. I also don't teach kindergarten and I do run. The only one who has a problem with me is you. Just because I don't cave to your tantrum doesn't mean I'm sticking with the mob. But please, continue to join and leave L&O multiple times throughout the day. I find it highly amusing.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

B-Plus

As someone who skims through messages in this group from time to time, I am almost certainly out of touch with the nuance of what the hell you folks are torqued about today. However...

I feel the need to react to this and directly make one thing clear. Eric is the owner of this forum.  There are moderators and there is a role called "owner" which is best represented as "creator of the group within the RunningAhead community", the first moderator, if you will.

I know nothing of RWOL or what it is, or was. However, RunningAhead is a benevolent dictatorship.

This really has nothing to do with the topic being discussed, but I just wanted to say what a great opportunity for us to send a donation to our friendly dictator if we are so inclined. He's dealing with all this data centre crap while we get to continue with our regular bs. Even if he is not out financially, I definitely value his time so I'm gonna ship it.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

OH SNAP!  NOW WHAT?

I don't know who you are referring to, because I have a very strong personality. I also don't teach kindergarten and I do run. The only one who has a problem with me is you. Just because I don't cave to your tantrum doesn't mean I'm sticking with the mob. But please, continue to join and leave L&O multiple times throughout the day. I find it highly amusing.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

This really has nothing to do with the topic being discussed, but I just wanted to say what a great opportunity for us to send a donation to our friendly dictator if we are so inclined. He's dealing with all this data centre crap while we get to continue with our regular bs. Even if he is not out financially, I definitely value his time so I'm gonna ship it.

And it gets rid of the ads too right?

Tomas

LRB

LRB, I cannot even imagine how either scenario is possible.Smile

Ha-ha!  I get to stand next to her soon for a function, and shortly thereafter, will need a bath in equal parts bleach, ammonia and engine de-greaser.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking back in '86 when we met, but it wasn't anything sound.  ; )

B-Plus

Ya you can buy a membership for $10 to get rid of the ads. I think most of us have already done that, and I'm about to send an additional measly few $

Ha-ha!  I get to stand next to her soon for a function, and shortly thereafter, will need a bath in equal parts bleach, ammonia and engine de-greaser.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking back in '86 when we met, but it wasn't anything sound.  ; )

Pretty eyes???

Tomas

Just B.S.

I am guessing your brain wasn't doing the thinking for you back then Smile