Beginners and Beyond

A conversation about RWOL, the beginners forum, L&O as was and anyone else who wants to join in. (Read 273 times)

MrNamtor

Name calling?  Seriously?  Are you 12?

And you people wonder why you're looked down upon.

I notice, too, you decided to let slide Milktruck's explanation of the same thing I said.  Then again, perhaps you thought name calling would get you somewhere.

What name did i call you? Derp means "duh". I thought someone who was giving a lecture on the subtleties of the internet would be familiar with the lingo. My apologies if it seemed i was calling you a name. I certainly was not.

kittenkat

The c word is repulsive

I don't know who you are referring to, because I have a very strong personality. I also don't teach kindergarten and I do run. The only one who has a problem with me is you. Just because I don't cave to your tantrum doesn't mean I'm sticking with the mob. But please, continue to join and leave L&O multiple times throughout the day. I find it highly amusing.

You're a teacher and you condone online bullying. Wow.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

You're a teacher and you condone online bullying. Wow.

Where did you get the idea she was a teacher?

I know some of you B&B regulars love the idea that KK's trashing of L&O legitimizes your ability to trash it, too, but please understand that she is hypersensitive and frankly, not normal sometimes.

KK, I am not happy about bashing you, but sometimes you are just nutty.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

happylily

Can you take all your fighting back to L&O, please? Has KK been banned from there? Why is she posting here and why are you replying to her here?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Can you take all your fighting back to L&O, please? Has KK been banned from there? Why is she posting here and why are you replying to her here?

I'm replying to what she wrote here.

happylily

I'm replying to what she wrote here.

And I'm asking you, among others, why you're all talking about your forum crap in here...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

This was me earlier in the L&O and some folks got their feelings hurt. I actually feel bad about some of the stuff, but it's amazing how butt hurt some folks get over the interwebs.

Oh come on.

And let's not forget the time KK created a million trolls because she kept getting banned over at the old L&O. Or that instance where she baited a forumite over her Ironman performance for no reason whatsoever. KK has been given a fair shot, but repeatedly abuses any trust bestowed to her as well as using her "real world life experience" as excuse for her online behavior.

I quoted you, T-Rod, because like KK, you're running back to a group you know has shown disdain towards L&O to pat your behavior on the back without sharing the full picture.

In transit, arriving on time. 

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

No. I was just wondering why kk is posting here. That's all. Nothing to do with you. I've posted in L&O before but I wouldn't call myself an L&Oer. Just as I do not think of you as a member of this forum.

She's posting here because she is upset and thinks she will find support in this group. Frankly, whether she does or not is not of concern to me, but I wouldn't wish her behavior on anyone.

I don't have a serious problem with many people on the forums, though KK continues to confound me (when I bother thinking about her behavior).

Oh come on.

And let's not forget the time KK created a million trolls because she kept getting banned over at the old L&O. Or that instance where she baited a forumite over her Ironman performance for no reason whatsoever. KK has been given a fair shot, but repeatedly abuses any trust bestowed to her as well as using her "real world life experience" as excuse for her online behavior.

I quoted you, T-Rod, because like KK, you're running back to a group you know has shown disdain towards L&O to pat your behavior on the back without sharing the full picture.

Like I said - I acted like an ass. I am not looking for a good job for screwing around and being a jerk. A few folks over there get their feelings hurt pretty quickly over a meltdown thread.

Sunmary- meltdown thread- I made some creepy comments (I thought were funny), fun police come in and start protecting the weak. They get called on it and then feelings were hurt.

I have dropped in the L&O a few times and there are plenty of decent / good people there. There are also a few that act like asses and don't like it when noobs come in and stir the pot.

Thats just my point of view.

I have no idea about the KK deal or what's going on/went down with that.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

No. I was just wondering why kk is posting here.  

It is because KK is having one of her episodes and must have an outlet to post her feelings.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

And I'm asking you, among others, why you're all talking about your forum crap in here...

You'll have to ask KK why she started this thread here. I thought it was appropriate to respond to her where she posted.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Like I said - I acted like an ass. I am not looking for a good job for screwing around and being a jerk. A few folks over there get their feelings hurt pretty quickly over a meltdown thread.

Sunmary- meltdown thread- I made some creepy comments (I thought were funny), fun police come in and start protecting the weak. They get called on it and then feelings were hurt.

I have dropped in the L&O a few times and there are plenty of decent / good people there. There are also a few that act like asses and don't like it when noobs come in and stir the pot.

Thats just my point of view.

I have no idea about the KK deal or what's going on/went down with that.

Well, nobody was "protecting the weak", as you seem to think. Unless that's what happens over here, then I can understand why you'd think that. But no, that wasn't what was going on.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Even the target should sit by and watch this occur without taking action.  I've had the internet long enough to understand that when people don't respond on the internet, then it's like it never happened and the troll gets bored and goes to another forum.  I've never seen a running forum successfully figure this out, but general forums know the phrase, "Don't feed the troll".  If you don't like what someone says, then don't read it.  If you do read it, don't respond.  It's the INTERNET, and everyone's a tough guy, but it doesn't mean anything if nobody gets upset about it.

Yes.  That's why I've been absent from both forums for quite awhile and only come back (ONLY) to talk about ACTUAL RUNNING/training.  It makes me really sad that the environment gets so strange and unpleasant; there are lots of people here I like, or think I do, but then someone will show a nasty side out of the blue.

I get that we all have our faults (for instance, I believe I once made a disparaging comment, back when I was new on RWOL, about people who run "5+-hour marathons") but I think... well, I think some problems come up when people use this, or RWOL, to get fulfillment beyond running shop talk.  I.e. when they invest too much time and energy into the forums and wind up needing to stir stuff up or put in extra emotions because there's not enough of an outlet for them elsewhere, or because they're really there not just to talk about running but for some other validation?

As for protecting the weak, that's silly.  People here are mostly adults; there's rarely any true need to protect someone from online attack when, usually, the best solution is to step away from the computer.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Meat Wagon

Puker

Runfoolery/JHPark

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Well, nobody was "protecting the weak", as you seem to think. Unless that's what happens over here, then I can understand why you'd think that. But no, that wasn't what was going on. 

That makes me feel a lil better. Most of us are grown ups, although I try to act like I am still a kid at times.

So am I wrong to say that the fun police was in effect in a meltdown thread?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas