Beginners and Beyond

What is your running shoe brand of choice? (Read 85 times)

LRB

Is there a reason you fancy one brand over another and/or is there a brand you tried that you will never go back to?

Brooks. It's what the LRS sold me on, and I have not found a reason to change.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I voted Asics, though right now I have as many pairs of New Balance in rotation as I do Asics.

I started out solidly Asics and Saucony, but both have made changes that led me to doing more experimenting and I've found some NB styles I like.

I may try Brooks later this summer - I tried some a few years and didn't like them, but when I tried some on last month, they felt pretty good.

I tend to be the "never say never" type of person, though I will say that neither Vibrams nor Hokas, on the other extreme, interest me right now.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

I'm not loyal to a particular brand, though I do find myself wearng New Balance more than any other brand.  But I've also worn Asics, Mizuno, Nike, Pearl Izumi, and just bought a pair of Adidas.

<3

Singer who runs a smidge

After happily transitioning to Vibrams, I doubt I'll ever go back to "foot coffins".  They're not as much fun and make my body hurt.  Apparently my weird-ass physique requires zero drop and room for toe splay.  Plus, when I wear them to work, they freak out my tech.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have several brands but prefer the Mizunos.  I hate the Asics (they make my feet hurt or feel bad, etc.) and don't like Adidas anymore.  But every so often I retry the brands I disliked and sometimes the model fits me better after a few years.  Go figure.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

So far, Mizuno has been the best for me.

- Andrew

Antipodean

I wore Brooks for a few years, but for the past couple I've been sold on Kinvaras so I voted for Saucony.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

meaghansketch

I used to only wear Brooks; now Mizuno seems to work best for me.  I tried out a pair of Asics and just didn't like them very much (might have just been the model) and ended up giving them to my roommate.

Zelanie

Saucony fangirl. I really like the way they feel on my feet. It's funny that people complain about their narrow toebox, because it's their toebox that works best for me. I have giant length second toes, and most other brands I have tried don't work well. Asics were the worst as far as toe fit.

I have several brands every shoe ever made.

FYP.

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

I've a repeat buyer of Newtons more than any other brand.

I just bought ugh tap air of Nikes that seem mighty comfortable, most especially the uppers.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Little Blue

Asics have been my choice for most of my running "career."  I used Mizunos for a while, but they changed something and I promptly got tendinitis.  I was too gun shy to try again.  The most recent Asics purchase was after their major revamp from the 21xx series, and I tried on at least 6 different models/brands.  I ended up with the new Asics.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I will say that I am happy with the last few years of Nike Air Pegasus.  As I explained to Jack Klompus at the race we were at......They are the "Goldilocks" of running shoes, imho.

I also have a pair of  Mizuno Wave Rider 16's that I'm not all that fond of.  They're not horrible, but they try too hard and fail in all that effort.  (Lumps underfoot, poor upper shape, unusually straight foot-shaping).

I had good luck with Asics too but on top of odd changes (I liked Cumulus but it changed too much from shoe to shoe) they are now priced a little too high for my liking.  I can still get Pegasus for cheap when the season ends, but Asics is still a little too up there.

I'd like to spend about a calendar year testing shoes but I don't have that kind of time/money. (Well, maybe I could but the wife would surely kill me at that point)  

Randy

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I prefer Mizuno (after DR sent me to try the Inspire 9).

But I think I will go to the Saucony Guide for a few pairs and see what Mizuno does next.   I don't dig the current iteration in general...