Beginners and Beyond

Finally Friday Penguins! (Read 22 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Baconista!  I'm going to TRY to race tomorrow.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks Baconista!  I'm going to TRY to race tomorrow.

Good luck!  And there is no TRY.  Just do or not do.  Yoga said so.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Haha

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I am not going touch the course that the 5K is supposed to be on tomorrow.  I found a different race.  I had to miss a race last month.  I'm not getting my hopes dashed twice.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

hog4life

SO42, are you coming out to the Rumpshaker to cheer me and Jimmy? It would be nice to meet you.

Cherie and Awood, good luck this weekend.

I got 11.11 miles this evening at an easy 10:13 pace. Now off to work. On the way home in the morning, I'm going to stop and help for a couple hours at a 12 hour ultra race that my running club is timing. I had thought about running this as part of a relay team, but didn't feel recovered enough. There's always next year.

GinnyinPA

Cherie - good luck with your race tomorrow.  I didn't realize it was so close in time to the last marathon.  You're tough.

Awood - so does the new course not have snow and ice?  If so, smart decision to switch.

Baconista - I think I'd sleep all weekend after your Friday mellowness.

Mitch - have fun at the race tomorrow.  Good job on the 11 before work.

SO42 - sorry your foot is still hurting, but the improvement in the ITB is a good sign.  Hopefully you'll be able to start running again soon.  Nice prize.

Jimmy - I'd say you've earned a rest day.  Listen to your body.

Jack - have fun tomorrow.

Bin - sorry the smog is back.  I hope it doesn't last as long this year.

AFM:  Today was a bit weird.  We had an errand in a nearby town, so I decided to run on the rail trail there.  Unfortunately, it is still covered with about 3 inches of snow and ice.  I got about 3/4 mile in, running a 13 minute mile, and decided that I was getting no training benefit from the run and was likely to get hurt with all the slipping and sliding I was doing, so I turned around.  Got home and did a 5 mile run on the TM, including 2 miles near tempo pace, then headed out after a shower to help set up tomorrow's HM.  They have a school they can use for registration and before and after the race, which is nice for a March event.  I was surprised to find that instead of feeling like helping was a good substitute for running the race, I wanted even more to be out there running it.  I know I'm not ready and would probably get hurt if I tried to run it right now.  But it is still frustrating to know I could finish within the 3 hour limit but I'm not even trying.  I want my first HM to be something I'm prepared for, both physically and mentally, not something I go into knowing I'll have to struggle to finish.  But I still wish I could at least try.

Zelanie

Ginny- Could you do a run/walk, or even enter and walk 5 miles and then start running?

Zelanie

Robotics tournament is up near Portland.  DD's team is in 5th out of 38 teams so far.

They're going on in a few minutes if anyone wants to watch the live feed (it's the Oregon City match).  They're team 997.

GinnyinPA

I could finish it, but I wouldn't be racing it.  Not even a little.  I don't want to spend $50 to just cover the course, I can do that any time.  I know I'll never be truly competitive (though being in the late 50's, my age group tends to be pretty darn small and not generally all that fast) but there is a difference between just completing the distance and trying to race it.  At this point my longest run since my return to regular running in December was 11 miles on the TM.  My 10 mile runs on the street were a struggle.  The Chambersburg half has several good hills, and thanks to the winter weather I have done very little of my usual hill work.  I really don't want to end up having to walk every time the course goes uphill.  I deliberately ran my usual runs this week so I wouldn't be tempted to run tomorrow.  There's another (hillier) race in 5 weeks that I may be able to do if I can just get out and do some real hills again.  If not, there's a flat 15k in May.

Amazonian Princess

Z - Cool!!! We just started watching and DH is hooked 

I can. I will. I am. 

SheCan

She Can - Good luck with your race! Is this the ultra?

AFM, thiry minute chair massage at work in a few hours then yoga and foam rolling tonight. Plan to go into my weekend already mellow

Yes, it is... it's just a 50k trail though, but I'm excited.  

Oh yes, that sounds like a mellow way to roll into the weekend!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

LOL! You tickle me, hehe

Zelanie

Z - Cool!!! We just started watching and DH is hooked 

Cool!  You might have seen DD's team move up into 4th. Smile  The very best matches will be tomorrow from 1:15 Pacific on.  That's when the "playoffs" start, so it will be all the best teams against the other best teams.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go!

Ginny, a flat 15K sounds good.

I biked 12.35 miles.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats to DD, Z.

Damaris