Beginners and Beyond

FitBit (Read 83 times)

Hip Redux

Now that I have one of them, I can totally relate to most of this list.

Especially:

13. You actively contemplate whether it makes sense to adjust your Fitbit goals to match your real world activity, or adjust your real world activity to match your Fitbit goals.

Yesterday I went for a walk, even though I'd already went to the gym, just because I wanted to get some steps in.  Which I suppose isn't the worst thing in the world, but still.

Who's with me?

LRB

Okay do not laugh, but I actually have no idea what this thing is.

Off to google...

Hip Redux

You are not up on the latest fitness gadget!

cjones1

Being the numbers geek that I am, there is no way I will ever get one of those things.  I'd be in a mental institution in less than a month. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I found with calorie counting apps, it got to where I would eat because it said I had calories, not cause I was hungry.

Hip Redux

I found with calorie counting apps, it got to where I would eat because it said I had calories, not cause I was hungry.

I don't bother with the calorie counting but I am bothered by the fact my mother walked as many steps as I did today.  Must get out and beat her!

LRB

I don't bother with the calorie counting but I am bothered by the fact my mother walked as many steps as I did today.  Must get out and beat her!

It would be interesting to see how much I walk during the day. It has to be an awful lot as I go non-stop once I hit the field until I get back to the office.

Zelanie

#10 and 15 are me. 

I've only had mine a couple months and the novelty is just starting to wear off. For one thing, it doesn't seem to be designed to handle actual running. It often shuts itself off completely during my runs. I actually returned my first one (they replaced it), but my new one does the same thing. I think I've seen it turn itself off for long runs and track workouts, so I wonder if I just sweat too much. So I don't know if it's mostly intended for people who just want to go out and jog for 30 minutes as opposed to actually training for something. Or I just got 2 duds. Also, I have a low end model, which may make a difference.

Hip Redux

I have the flex and I've taken it running without trouble - but I have heard that others got bum devices, so that could be it.

MTA:  Annnnd.... It shut off on me twice while on the ElliptiGo tonight lol  I hit some rough pavement and the bouncing made it think I was tapping it to go to sleep.  It vibrated, so I knew what it was doing, so I could tap it to come back on.  B

RSX

My wife is getting the FitBit that comes out in April

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

DW had the pedometer fit bit and lost it in month.  Should I get another or get her a wristband Fitbit?

Or a Vivofit?

Hip Redux

DW had the pedometer fit bit and lost it in month.  Should I get another or get her a wristband Fitbit?

Or a Vivofit?

I haven't used the vivofit but it sounds neat.  My wrist fitbit hasn't yet fallen off my wrist, so that's good Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I don't have one but got DH one.  There have been a few days that he will pace around the house when he is close to his goal.  He doesn't do it every day but there are those that he is determined to meet that goal.

Marjorie

happylily

I am gadget challenged. For real.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

That FitBit commercial jingle is pretty snappy.

<3