Beginners and Beyond

What, is it too cold to start the Saturdailies? (Read 51 times)

onemile

Wow, Jay, that is a very impressive time! Congrats!

I ran 8 miles outside in 15 degrees, feels like -2. My first outside run all week and I stopped at home and picked up Bru-bear to run with me for the last 1.5 miles - his longest run so far. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awww, Bru-bear.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

JAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

Baboon

delicate flower

9.6 mile tempo run done.  7:39 avg pace.  5 x 5 minutes at hardish effort.  I feel like I getting a wee bit faster.  Wish I had a 10K coming up.

<3

LRB

Wow, Jay, that is a very impressive time! Congrats!

I ran 8 miles outside in 15 degrees, feels like -2. My first outside run all week and I stopped at home and picked up Bru-bear to run with me for the last 1.5 miles - his longest run so far. 

LRB

Wish I had a 10K coming up.

StepbyStep-SH

Jay - WOW! Just ... WOW! (Can I have some of what he's havin'?)

DNSed the 5k this morning. Sun was shining, but snow-packed roads and -20* windchill didn't sound like a good idea on a questionable knee. I almost wished we had done it, though, when I saw that only one boy ran it in the 14 and under category, which would have meant DS got an automatic ribbon.

Instead, we went to the Y a couple hours later (I also slept like a Baboon last night) and ran on the indoor track. 1 mile for DS, 5 miles for me. For some reason, my hamstrings were really tight and sore. The knee wasn't too bad, though it stiffened up as I spent the last two hours sitting at the computer working.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

FANTASTIC job Jay!!!!!!

Life is good.

DavePNW

Wish I had a 10K coming up, but I'd have to ask permission from my coach anyway.

FYP.

Dave

LRB

lol

Baboon

delicate flower

FYP.

True story.  Though it is kind of nice to just be running without worrying about the calendar.  I do miss racing though.

Fact:  I have already run more times outside this January than I did all of last January.

<3

LRB

Fact:  I have already run more times outside this January than I did all of last January.

I would guess I had about 10 such runs last January so I'll need the rest of the month to reach that.

Baboon

delicate flower

I would guess I had about 10 such runs last January so I'll need the rest of the month to reach that.

Last winter was just brutal though.  Lots of snow and much colder temperatures.  I was also overly cautious about my knee on slick roads.  Running all those flat TM miles last winter though left me feeling way behind schedule when spring came.  I am hoping to avoid that this year.  Sounds corny but I am just taking these outdoor runs one day at a time.  Get through today's run today, then worry about tomorrow.

<3

LRB

Last winter was just brutal though.  Lots of snow and much colder temperatures.  I was also overly cautious about my knee on slick roads.  Running all those flat TM miles last winter though left me feeling way behind schedule when spring came.  I am hoping to avoid that this year.  Sounds corny but I am just taking these outdoor runs one day at a time.  Get through today's run today, then worry about tomorrow.

I actually had 12, including a full week of outdoor runs before work that I completely have no recollection of.

I'll say this; it'll take a miracle for me to reach 12 this year! lol

DavePNW

True story.  Though it is kind of nice to just be running without worrying about the calendar.  I do miss racing though.

I just checked my log out of curiosity. From 1/1-1/15 last year, 8 of 13 runs were outside. However from then till early March, it was a treadmill-fest. Treadmill every day, then once every weekend I would take it outside & tough out a long run in typically brutal conditions, because I could not bear to try running long on the treadmill. Which is kind of what this week looks like, except I might go outside both weekend days. I'm still a bit nervous about going out in the dark on weekdays, even with a headlamp I am afraid I might not see some ice.

MTA: from 1/16-3/6, 11 runs outside, 32 runs on the treadmill.

Dave