Beginners and Beyond

Report and Photos, San Antonio Road Runner Freedom 4-Miler on July 4 (Read 9 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

San Antonio Road Runners, the oldest running club in San Antonio, celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, held its Fourth of July event at Missions County Park in San Antonio, a 4-miler.  I have pretty much been sticking to 5Ks these days, so this was my first 4-miler in quite a while and it showed.  Very slow time of 58:35 chip time, although Mile 4 was a negative split for me. Guess I was ready to be done, lol.  Lots of folks in some very patriotic outfits.  Very nice after-party with Shiner Bock beer, kiolbassa sausage wraps and lots more. This is a very popular annual 4th of July event that had 366 finishers.

This is Texas in July so humidity was crazy and our temp at 7:30 a.m. start time was 78 degrees.  Thankfully, we had lots of cloud cover, but it did not seem to help, lol.  After the finish, there was a "cooling area" where you could take off your shoes and socks and step right into an ice-bath to really cool down. I did not do that but several others did.

If desired, you can find my full race report and photos here:  https://scottydogreports.com/

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt