Beginners and Beyond

It's ThursDailies! (Read 47 times)

oldfartrunner

Baboon: That sounded hard!  Esp. the first one after a race.

ZZ: Sounds like you pretty well killed it!  

CY: You responded to yesterdays daily @ 5:12 AM..  I saw it.

FreeSoul: It happens.

Runshortii

Onemile - Nice workout

Baboon - Nice track workout.

My quads finally aren't sore. They're just stiff. I think I'll try running Saturday. We leave for Aruba in less than a week so that's exciting 

Runshortii

Anyone here ran the Flying Pig marathon in Cincinnati and know exactly how hilly it is? I keep reading that it's hilly, but I also know people who think that my hometown marathon course with a total ascent of 123 ft is hilly lol, so I guess it's all relative.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

At least it's cloudy with some sprinkles today, and only in the upper 70s..... I should be able to manage 5 miles with Dorian in his stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Baboon: That sounded hard!  Esp. the first one after a race.

ZZ: Sounds like you pretty well killed it!  

CY: You responded to yesterdays daily @ 5:12 AM..  I saw it.

FreeSoul: It happens.

It was actually 8:12 here.

DavePNW

Anyone here ran the Flying Pig marathon in Cincinnati and know exactly how hilly it is? I keep reading that it's hilly, but I also know people who think that my hometown marathon course with a total ascent of 123 ft is hilly lol, so I guess it's all relative.

Pretty sure Damaris has run it, since she's run everything.

FindMyMarathon.com defines it as "hilly" (which is more than "rolling hills" but less than "very hilly"). They have a marathon time converter which I use all the time. You can plug in the time for a marathon you ran, select one or two other races, and it tells you what you would've run at the others. Of course not exact but a reasonable indicator. They actually consider course factor as well as weather factor (and show them separately).

Dave

RunningWithMyDog

Dear RunningWithMyDog:

Commiserations, your application to run in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon has been unsuccessful. A record number of 386,050 hopefuls applied to take part in next year’s event and unfortunately you were unsuccessful.

If you would still like to take part, please click on the link below to see a list of tour operators in your country who may be able to help you enter the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon:
                www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/overseas-entry/

If you have any further queries, please contact our helpdesk on helpdesk@londonmarathonevents.co.uk or 44 (0)20 7902 0200.

Yours sincerely,

Hugh Brasher
                Event Director

Cyberic

Addie said "half marathon pace and cutting down if you can". But then gave specific paces - "start at 6:53-6:50 and try to cut down to 6:40 or so".  But I was unable to cut down and it felt a lot harder than it should today. Not sure why - I felt better for the 5x2k repeats she gave me last week and did better at getting some of them in the 6:40 range (she gave me similar paces for that one).

8 miles at HMP and faster. That is why.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

course description and elevation profile

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

386,050 hopefuls applied 

Holy crap.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Onemile - Nice workout

Baboon - Nice track workout.

My quads finally aren't sore. They're just stiff. I think I'll try running Saturday. We leave for Aruba in less than a week so that's exciting 

Have fun!  I don't recall if they got hit with the 10000 hurricanes this season, but hoping they are good.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did. It's hilly.  They do say the second half is downhill. They lie. Or at least those were my thoughts after Mile 13, ha.

Let me find the elevation.  I know Miles 7-9 are all uphill and then there is a nice downhill at Mile 13 and the rest of is all rolling hill after rolling hill (but with a net elevation downhill because the second part starts pretty high and they take us back to downtown).

it is not a PR course.  but the race is lots of fun.  Bacon stations, basketball court stations, etc.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here is the elevation profile from 2016.  I ran the HM in 2017 and the first half is still the same and I think they have not changed the second half yet.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dear RunningWithMyDog:

Commiserations, your application to run in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon has been unsuccessful. A record number of 386,050 hopefuls applied to take part in next year’s event and unfortunately you were unsuccessful.

If you would still like to take part, please click on the link below to see a list of tour operators in your country who may be able to help you enter the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon:
                              www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/overseas-entry/

If you have any further queries, please contact our helpdesk on helpdesk@londonmarathonevents.co.uk or 44 (0)20 7902 0200.

Yours sincerely,

Hugh Brasher
                              Event Director

I was commiserated as well!

Damaris

Runshortii

The last half doesn't look horrible, but it doesn't look very fun between miles 6-9