Beginners and Beyond

It's ThursDailies! (Read 47 times)

RunningOnSand

Dear RunningWithMyDog:

Commiserations, your application to run in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon has been unsuccessful. A record number of 386,050 hopefuls applied to take part in next year’s event and unfortunately you were unsuccessful.

If you would still like to take part, please click on the link below to see a list of tour operators in your country who may be able to help you enter the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon:
    www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/overseas-entry/

If you have any further queries, please contact our helpdesk on helpdesk@londonmarathonevents.co.uk or 44 (0)20 7902 0200.

Yours sincerely,

Hugh Brasher
    Event Director

Wow. 386,000?!

Howdy, folks. An easy 45 min shakeout run today to keep the legs moving before Saturday's half. Commence checking weather.com almost obsessively.  

DavePNW

Commence checking weather.com almost obsessively.  

Ooh. This reminds me, it's 10-day forecast time for me: 43/59, mostly sunny. Sweet.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ooh. This reminds me, it's 10-day forecast time for me: 43/59, mostly sunny. Sweet.

I see Detroit is going to be warm, of course.

Damaris

GEHamlin

Work all day today... I'll have enough of a break to squeeze in 8-9 mi before the last class @ 7:30p. Fingers crossed.

DavePNW

I see Detroit is going to be warm, of course.

Not too bad, but not ideal. You bring the warm. When I ran it was 30 at the start!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not too bad, but not ideal. You bring the warm. When I ran it was 30 at the start!

Can you fly there Sunday 6am so it can be cold?  You can return by 1pm.  Thanks!

Damaris

DavePNW

Can you fly there Sunday 6am so it can be cold?  You can return by 1pm.  Thanks!

I'm a little busy that day.

Dave

Runshortii

Have fun!  I don't recall if they got hit with the 10000 hurricanes this season, but hoping they are good.

They didn't luckily. One of the reasons we chose Aruba was because they're far enough south that they're generally out of the hurricane belt.

oldfartrunner

Have fun!  I don't recall if they got hit with the 10000 hurricanes this season, but hoping they are good.

Yeah, bring some paper towels and a couple three cases of bottled water just in case. 

oldfartrunner

Holy crap.

Yeah, they giving away uncirculated (virgin) 100 dollar bills or something?  

LRB

Detroit will be subarctic by your standards at the start, I can assure you. So bring arm sleeves and a throwaway top!

Cyberic

Detroit will be subarctic by your standards at the start, I can assure you. So bring arm sleeves and a throwaway top!

She's a pretty tough chick! Tougher than me, anyways...

LRB

I love the 43, and you will too.

LRB

She's a pretty tough chick! Tougher than me, anyways...

+1

DavePNW

I love the 43, and you will too.

This week every morning has been mid-40s and clear. It's been perfect. Just warm enough that I can still go out in short sleeves, but cool enough that on an easy run, I barely work up a sweat.

Dave