Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Looks delicious!

Damaris

DavePNW

QOTD- Treadmill- garage or house?  Neither location has a TV, both should have wireless.

Your house has no TV?

I'm gonna go with garage. Probably cooler temps most of the year. Mine is in the family room, which from a home decor standpoint is an abomination, but we don't really care. Probably better in the basement but that is the kids' domain, I don't like to go down there much.

8 miles with 3 at tempo-ish (7:30) on the hotel treadmill.

Dave

Ric-G

a few miles this morning....maybe seeing american sniper later...imitation game was really cool...have a great weekend all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

a few miles this morning....maybe seeing american sniper later...imitation game was really cool...have a great weekend all!

Let us know what's up with that flick. After seeing The Lone Survivor I am kind of done with anything that leaves me feeling helpless.

LRB

8 miles with 3 at tempo-ish (7:30) on the hotel treadmill.

I thought you ran around 7:00 for tempo pace, are you just taking easy while still building upwards?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Home now. Stomach bug. Bah.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

A do nothing day for me today too - at least as far as running goes.  I may have to mow the lawn when I get home. It has been sunny now for two days and should be dried out from all the miserable weather we've had the last couple of weeks.  It's gotten pretty tall, I wonder if I'm gonna find anything in there when I start mowing it down.   And if I do it today, then I can enjoy the 3-day weekend.   Really nothing to do this weekend - yay! - other than take Sinatra to the vet tomorrow to get his stitches out...and watch Seattle win over Green Bay.   Now, NEXT weekend..I start to do races again.  I think I have 2 scheduled through the end of the month..and then I've got about 6 or 7 scheduled in February.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

You Rang?

3.1 miles through the runDisney Wall of Humanity(tm) a/k/a The Star Wars 5k.  6 more this evening.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy adult beverage time, LRB.  I hear ya on the movies too.  Movies like Sniper, Lone Survivor, etc. I have to watch at home.   A few years back, I did try to watch "Blackhawk Down" in the theater, but I ended up walking out of the theater before it finished because...well, just because.. - I was actually in Somalia during that time - I ended up watching it at home...and even then it took me a couple days to get through it, cuz I kept having to turn it off for a while...

Thanks for reminding me, Baboon, I need to get my strength training workout in too so I don't get scolded again by my doc.

Enjoy the time with your friend, Marjorie.

Garage sounds kinda chilly to me, Zelanie.  Yeah, I hear you on the basement thing, Texas is the same way, at  least down here in South Texas..don't know about North Texas or the Panhandle.

Hope your core workout goes well, Jack.  I did a core workout last night...I peeled an apple....

Ric, look forward to your review of Sniper if you see that...probably another one I will watch at home eventually..

Dave, I admire your patience for being able to get all those miles in on a treadmill, I just could not do it.

Sorry about the stomach bug, Damaris, hope you feel better.  Maybe if you spray Raid on your stomach it would kill the bug... 

Congrats on the 5K, Lurch!   At the finish, do you get to, like, run through sabre-lights and stuff? 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Cut the grass Scotty? Wow, I have got forever before I have to worry with any of that nonsense.

DavePNW

I thought you ran around 7:00 for tempo pace, are you just taking easy while still building upwards?

You must've misread who wrote this. For reference, 7:30 is roughly my Daniels T pace based on my 1:40 HM. My actual 5k race pace was 6:56. Although I have started doing intervals at 6:40, so we'll see what happens if/when I actually race one again.

Dave

LRB

My first TRX class is done. That was different!

Not sure if I'll be running tomorrow or not not, we'll have to see how my body responds to the thrashing it just took! 

LRB

You must've misread who wrote this. For reference, 7:30 is roughly my Daniels T pace based on my 1:40 HM. My actual 5k race pace was 6:56. Although I have started doing intervals at 6:40, so we'll see what happens if/when I actually race one again.

Your upcoming 5k will give you a much higher VDOT and as a result faster training paces that are more indicative of your actual fitness.

DavePNW

Your upcoming 5k will give you a much higher VDOT and as a result faster training paces that are more indicative of your actual fitness.

As well as predicting another laughably unachievable marathon time. 

Dave

Cyberic

Rejoice in the little things, like having the internet at home people!

Ran a little over 5, easy.

Wife bought me YakTrax. Told me before she gave them not to panic, that she could return them. She knows me well. Gonna give another shot at putting then on my shoes tonight, see if I have better luck than last time