Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday where I am so I'm starting the TUESDAILIES! (Read 55 times)

Mmmmm...beer

6.3 easy miles @ 8:35/mile done.  Time for some Hobbit. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yowzers, this place has been busy since I was here earlier today. I finished my VO2mx workout at the track this evening after work and those 6x1000s really make ya work. I got in 3 miles as warm-up on the treadmill then hit the track for the 6 1000s (times were 4:07, 4:03, 4:06, 4:06, 4:07 and 4:05 minutes) with 3:10 minute recoveries between each one. I added another mile on the TM as cool down for a total of 10 for the day. I'm glad there were only 6 because I don't think I would have lasted for a 7th.

Nice job workout buddy! I had 5x1000 today, with recoveries avg 1:27. About the same total miles too!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

pae

Today was supposed to be 4 miles easy.  And I intended to go out easy.  But I also went out without headphones, so I didn't have any feedback from my tracking app, so I had no idea what my pace was (I suppose I could have just pulled the phone out of my pocket and looked, but that would have been cheating).  I was just going by feel, and although there were times I tried to tell myself to slow it down, I was feeling just fine the whole time.

I ended up doing 6 miles.  My "easy" pace is supposed to be just under 10m/m.  My splits were: 10:11 (including warmup), 8:16, 8:48, 8:51, 8:41, and 9:20.  The fastest mile was mostly downhill, and the last mile was mostly uphill.  So for the entire run, I averaged 9:02, which is a little bit faster than my goal marathon pace.

I really need to learn how to run my easy runs easy, but then again, my HR was pretty much between 65% and 70% for almost all of the run.

Zelanie

So any bravado I had about my run earlier was just foolish newbieness.  Got my run done, but was only partway through the first interval before I was thanking Pfitz for his generosity in not making me run any faster today.  Target pace was 8:45, I ran 4x1mi. in 8:39, 8:39, 8:39, 8:41.  8 miles total with warmup, cooldown, and recoveries.  Got it done, feeling good now, but that was sure harder than I thought it was going to be.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, I did 3 miles today but then had to rush Trixie to the vet because she was puking all over.  She is back from the vet and looking like what?  I'm hungry!  She also gained 2lbs this last year and it's a fucking fatty at 16.2 lbs.

Damaris

What a rotten day.

12.2, 10x100m strides, 7:58 pace on slippery snow.