Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies: Now is the winter of our discontent (Read 44 times)

DavePNW

Buncha snow yesterday, turning to freezing rain, turning to ice, turning my stomach.

Anyone want to talk about running?

Today I will probably go on the treadmill at the gym & then yoga afterwards.

Have a great day & enjoy the Super Bowl everyone.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

TM & yoga here, too. It's our Sunday ritual after church and Sunday school. I think maybe 5 miles? Very slow, because legs have been feeling dead and a bit sore. I considered skipping, but DS has a friend he usually sees at the Y on Sunday mornings, so he still wants to go.

Then we'll have our traditional mother-son Super Bowl party (DH is always out of town this weekend) and use the game as an excuse to eat snack foods in the family room: chili, chips with guacamole and salsa, and celery sticks and apple slices with "dessert hummus" (chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup and a few chocolate chips). Might also make a pan of rice krispie treats with the equivalent of Cocoa Krispies. A bit of apple juice for him and a hard cider for me.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Best of luck to the racers out there - you know who you are!

No snow in our forecast, but we've got rain, rain, and rain - followed by rain. I think I can get in a short dry run this morning though. I'd rather do it before things get wet out there.

Super bowl party tonight, along with some billiards at my friend's house. It promises to be a good time. I'll be bringing a bottle of Jameson's Irish Whiskey to lighten up the mood! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Supp yo!

The plan is to head over to my loop for a long run.  Whether or not I will actually be able to do it depends on the conditions of the path once I get there.  It is currently 22 degrees so it is going to take a lot for me to not run outside today, no matter what the surface says.

After my run, I will be heading to the movies (solo this week) to check out The Lone Survivor, and have a delectable four cheese thin crust pizza.  I have been hearing great things about that movie but my lady is not interested in seeing it, which in my world is not a problem.

happylily

Dave, have a great double workout.

Shari, I like the sound of your ritual. My DS isn't into sports on TV, he's into techno music and rap, and I can't... I just can't... no matter how much I love him...

Tom, enjoy the game with your friends!

Rick, have a good run and I hope the movie is good. Yesterday, I watched this older (2007?) movie, There Will Be Blood. It was disturbing and sort of fascinating in a weird way. With Daniel Day-Lewis.

Damaris, I hope you're having fun!

Another rest day for me. There has been no improvement.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. I was not having fun so I ended up doing 8 miles instead.  I am not sorry I bailed, since the heat Index is already 83 and I would still have at least two hours more.  I have never seen as many runners as I saw walking my Mile six

Damaris

happylily

Morning. I was not having fun so I ended up doing 8 miles instead.  I am not sorry I bailed, since the heat Index is already 83 and I would still have at least two hours more.  I have never seen as many runners as I saw walking my Mile six

Sorry to hear that, D. Heat sucks the life out of us, I know that well. You have nothing to feel sorry about. It's a hobby, not a duty. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Will you be watching the game?

LRB

Morning. I was not having fun so I ended up doing 8 miles instead. 

A supported easy run, awesome!  I could not run in that crap anyway, i would rather freeze...like i have been.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Surgery cannot come here soon enough.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I tried to hit the trails this morning at 6 AM, we got .15 down the trail before I said fuck this, the trails had gone from frozen to a mushy, nasty mess and I did  not feel like attempting even a mile out there. So sadly, we headed back to the house and I had to leave Rocky behind as I headed out for my 15 miler, ran it much faster than last Sunday - 2:27:13 with an average pace of 9:49 min/mile.

The lesson I learned, don't do my bicycle crunches the day before my LR..........my right quad, hams and butt cheek was crying during the first 5 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Rocky and I tried to hit the trails this morning at 6 AM, we got .15 down the trail before I said fuck this, the trails had gone from frozen to a mushy, nasty mess and I did  not feel like attempting even a mile out there. So sadly, we headed back to the house and I had to leave Rocky behind as I headed out for my 15 miler, ran it much faster than last Sunday - 2:27:13 with an average pace of 9:49 min/mile.

The lesson I learned, don't do my bicycle crunches the day before my LR..........my right quad, hams and butt cheek was crying during the first 5 miles.

Andrea, your LRs are becoming serious long and your easy pace is getting faster! Awesome!

outoftheblue

Sorry it didn't go as planned D.   I agree with Happylily, there's no point if its not enjoyable.   Wait until you're recovered from that surgery -- you are going to be flying around these courses.

A few easy miles for me -- not sure how many as I'm kinda feeling the cumulative grind of Pfitz catching up to me.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I hope it stays that way too.... though I am sure our summers might slow me down just a smidge, but at that point it is more about effort rather than pace. Smile

Andrea, your LRs are becoming serious long and your easy pace is getting faster! Awesome!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.2. Great weather here. Couldn't do more since had puppy pool this am. I was going to get up early to do a lot more but one of the pups was in super protective mode for some reason and didn't want to let me get up. He woke me at 2 then 330 and then sat at my head staring at the window for an hour then laid down with his head on mine. No idea what he was sensing but he was sensing something so I didn't get up when I planned.

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

I squeaked out 3.1 this morning in the foggy, overcast skies. Finished just in time to miss most of the rain. It's started now, though it's just a drizzle. Knee continues to feel pretty good, though I don't want to press my luck too much.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54