Beginners and Beyond

Stay Classy (Read 68 times)

LRB

Algerian runner Taoufik Makhloufi lost an 800m race in Shanghai, China, in the worst possible way Sunday.

As Makhloufi neared the line, he put his arms out in celebration and coasted to the finish — giving Kenyan runner Robert Kiptoo Biwott enough time to pass him for the win.

Makhloufi never looked to his right to see Biwott charging to the line.

After crossing the line, Makhloufi still thought he won the race, and flashed a thumbs up to the crowd.

Link to video (here), Kiptoo ran that fool down!

It all reminds me of something my mother used to say; God don't like ugly, and he ain't too fond of pretty either.

Just desserts.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

happylily

hahaha! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nobody likes a showboat. Well, at least I don't.

Hip Redux

We were watching cycling the other day and the same thing happened. Video.  The guy was REALLY excited.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

LRB

We were watching cycling the other day and the same thing happened. Video.  The guy was REALLY excited.

Afterward, he tweeted: “I wanted to win, lucky nobody saw it hahaha.”

Um, wrong.  lol

Just B.S.

We watched as well. I actually felt sorry for him.Must have felt really foolish afterward.

Anyone remember Leon Lett?

Dave

outoftheblue

Reminds of the times in the NFL where someone starts showboating before they reach the end zone and then get tackled, or have the ball punched out from behind.

I'll betcha he never makes that mistake again.

Life is good.

Reminds of the times in the NFL where someone starts showboating before they reach the end zone and then get tackled, or have the ball punched out from behind.

Yeah that's what Leon Lett did. In the Super Bowl (about 20 years ago).

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

um...

um...

Bwahahhahahahah!

Damn fool, you don't do that shit in a short race unless you have completely dominated all competition.  And you better be damn sure!