Beginners and Beyond

Chillin' with the THURSDAILIES. Literally. (Read 40 times)

I'm precaffeinated and on my way to the gym to do weights. If school ends up being delayed, I'll do seven easy TM miles, too. If school isn't delayed, I'll run after work.

LRB

What up doe!

I am in the process of getting my jizz on as well while sittin' here surfing the net.  Hope you folks out east and south are okay with yet the millionth storm this winter!

I will be heading to the gym in about 40 minutes myself.

happylily

15 miles after work and I will need them to decompress, after the birthday party I am hosting... Btw, I bought a lego speed car for the birthday boy. Legos truly are a classic. Thank god for them.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

'Morning.  Another day, and another stressful drive into work during a snowstorm.  Enough of this crap.

8 miles on the treadmill last night at 7:22 avg pace.  Speed workout.  Half mile intervals, topping out at 6:17 pace.  Good run and my fastest training run in several months.  Not sure what this evening will hold, but I'm going to find a damn treadmill to run on somewhere.

<3

Rick, have a great time at the gym.

Lily, enjoy your fifteen-miler. Happy birthday to the little guy!

Phil, have fun on the TM.

School isn't even delayed. So, I did only weights and push-ups. Nevermind. I'm caffeinated. I worked out. Now, I'm on my way to do some speedwork (chasing the kids).

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Nothing for me.  Dad arrived last night and this morning we have tons of stuff to do before I have to be cooped up here with a liquid diet.  Joy.

Basya, hope you were able to run before school.

LRB, enjoy the run.

Lily, hope your 15 go well.

Phil, nice 8.

Have a great day!

Damaris

LRB

Btw, I bought a lego speed car for the birthday boy. Legos truly are a classic. Thank god for them.

The Lego movie is out and getting rave reviews.  I may go see it myself!

7 lively miles done on the belt which included 9 strides and ended with a 400 meter sprint which took 1:20.  Not a bad way to end a run!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone! I'm sipping coffee and watching the snow fall outside our picture window. We actually got about 6 inches. My office is closed. Woo-hoo! Snow day!!!! I do have a conference call later, but other than that, I'm free and clear.

I'm 99.99999% sure our group run will get cancelled tonight. I might see how the sidewalks look and get my run in around the hood today. I only usually do 5k on Thursdays, so it's no biggie.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Zelanie

Morning!  Got 4 miles at tempo done last night, and am happy to note that it was at a faster pace than my 10K PR last fall, nice!  I took it easy on the first 2, but had a lot left at the end, so also promising.  I'm thinking of running a 5K in a couple of weeks to get a sense of pacing and also because that sounds more fun than the 4 mile time trial Pfitz wants me to do.

Today is just 8 easy.

Hobbitlegs- So far I haven't seen our group run cancelled for anything.  Some people skied to the run last week (there was a free beer at the bar afterwards if you showed up on skis).  I didn't go though, because I didn't have skis or snowshoes to get there on!  Hope you do get a nice little run in the powder.

D- Is your surgery tomorrow?  So excited that you will be recovering soon!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hobbitlegs- So far I haven't seen our group run cancelled for anything.  Some people skied to the run last week (there was a free beer at the bar afterwards if you showed up on skis).  I didn't go though, because I didn't have skis or snowshoes to get there on!  Hope you do get a nice little run in the powder.

That's so cool. I'd ski for free beer. Ours has been cancelled one time for ice. If they don't have the run, DH and I might still go for a beer anyway.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

DD has been getting progressively sicker and my wife is blaming me. DW can get some crazy ideas, and yesterday she was half-certain that I had meningitis. I said, I have a clogged nose and a weak cough and you think I have meningitis? I guess that's what the hormones do to pregnant wives who are looking after a child all day. To appease her and set her mind at ease I'm going to go in to the doctor today and just put a label on what I got.

On the running side of things I got 7 miles in at an Easy pace on a TM this morning.

Happy running! Hopefully those on the East Coast fair well.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up to sore calves, but after a bath in some of this stuff:

and some of this:

I do feel better, sadly it also makes you feel kind of cold. I foam rolled my calves but they are feeling better so that is good, still the plan is to rest my legs until Sunday then see how things are feeling. I have to cut my Upper Body strength training into 4 segments of 12 minutes, the first 12 minutes are done this morning then I will do the other 3 tonight along with a lot of foam rolling and perhaps another bath in the green stuff.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, fellow runners!

I hope everyone in the way of the storm is OK.

We have a heat wave here - it was over 20* already at 6 this morning! But I'm not taking advantage of it. Another URD for my knee. Hoping to try a run tomorrow evening. In the meantime, coffee.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ric-G

morning everyone....safe travels getting about for you guys caught in this bad weather stuff....speaking of legos - the lego movie was a lot better than i thought...took our younger son and was pleasantly surprised...

5 miles later today...have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work yesterday I did a nice run/walk of just a tad over 3 miles around the campus of the university where I work.  Since I work 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., I got out early enough to enjoy the BEEEEYOOOTEEEFUL 62 degrees, sunshine, and blue skies, sweeeet!   After I got home, I discovered that Gail had received at work her anniversary/valentine's day flowers because she brought them home.  Our anniversary is actually the 14th, but I'd forgotten that I'd requested an earlier delivery date of yesterday, because Gail is off today and tomorrow and will be out-and-about, so I wanted to make sure she got them.    Here is what she got....

Photo: He loves me!

The stuffed animals are a little huggable bear...and a doggie..representing me of course!   And there were a few 'squares' of Ghiradelli chocolate included.   I guess Gail liked it all cuz I got a nice big hug, etc., when I got home from my run. .

Today I plan to get in about 3 - 4 miles at Fort Sam Houston.  And the weather is even BETTER today.   Again, sunny blue skies, and a temp of 78 degrees!  Singlet weather, yeah!     

After I finish my run and shower and change, I am then off to the McNay Art Museum to pick up my packet for ONE of the THREE races I am doing this weekend (two Saturday morning and one on Sunday morning).  This pickup is for the 5K the museum is sponsoring on Sunday, Feb 16 - for which the Race Director gave me FREE entry into since I am doing a photo report for them - ...and per race flyer: "Packet Pickup:  Thursday February 13 from 4-9 pm at the McNay Art Museum with a Live Band and Beer"...oh yeah!   Glad I am off work on Friday!

Friday, Feb 14th, is mine and Gail's 29th wedding anniversary, and Saturday, the 15th is Gail's birthday.  We are both off of work, so are going to tool around town and do lots of stuff...see a movie...go to the San Antonio Rodeo (I got free tickets included in my goody bag for the rodeo race I did last Saturday)...and pretty much whatever else Gail wants to do.  And Friday is supposed to be even NICER than Wed and Thursday....sunny, very low dewpoint and humidity and about 82 degrees.  For our Saturday races (Gail is doing one of them with me), and my Sunday race, morning temps in the mid-50s, low 60s, and lots of sunshine and highs, once again, in the upper 70s.    Nice of Mother Nature to give me and Gail a good weather weekend for our anniversary/birthday weekend.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt