Beginners and Beyond

Better late than never, Lily's Army Run HM (Read 133 times)

workinprogress11

I'm so glad you are on the comeback trail. You are one of my running inspirations as we are about the same age.   Congratulations on the course PR. I know there are more great races to come.

Antipodean

Congrats, Julie. You don't give yourself a lot of credit. After two months with NO running, that is a great effort. The super top percentages are the proof.

And the short skirt? If you've got it, flaunt it! And you've got it, girl! I'm sure I remember you bemoaning being short in the leg before, but in that picture you manage to look tall and leggy, despite your SO's height. Way to go!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

MothAudio

Been there [I'm there now!] There will be better days ahead. Most important thing is to get healthy. Without that your training will be compromised. I went from a 1:36:35 half in October 2011 to a 1:49:11 half in the Spring only to rebound and set my Master PB in the Fall [by two seconds] to crashing once again this Spring [1:56:14].

I have no idea where I'll be fitness-wise next year but I refuse to attach a 2 hour half [or 4 hour marathon] to my name. I'm stubborn. When it takes me twice as long to complete a race distance then the current WR I'll move onto another event or maybe just take refuge in odd ball distances.

Better days are ahead.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Baboon

delicate flower

Great job, lily!  Nice to see you back in action after the injury hiatus.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Congrats on your recovery! Thanks for your RR and loved the pics!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So glad you had a good race, and glad to hear you're recovering so well Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Lily, so happy to see that you are back to running and racing! and of course as usual a great performance

and super cute pics of you and SO!!

You missed us by 3 weeks, we were in Ottawa for 5 days over Labour Day weekend. You were staying mere

minutes from son's workplace. Wish I had known I would have sent you over to give him a hug for me!

So when are you posting your Chicago RR????LOL

Nice photos too! Ottawa is certainly a very scenic city.  I read somewhere that Ottawa has a series of races over one weekend and the races are of varying distances, 5K, 10K, 1/2, full, and what-all.  Not sure how many there are and don't remember which weekend this running festival is held.  But it sure sounds interesting and since there are shorter distances, I put this event on my Wish List to do in the future someday since I can't run distance races anymore, and it looks like a very scenic place to be.

Scotty, there are several events like that in Ottawa. You may have heard about them from me or Lily

Ottawa Marathon weekend in May has a 2k/5k/10k, Half and Full. Great race, well organized.

There is also a Triathlon/Race Weekend on Labour Day weekend (hubby and I did the Olympic Tri there on

Aug 30th called "The Canadian".  They have everything from road races of 3k, 8k, half, full, relay and every  

distance and type of triathlon all on one day. 

It was an amazingly fun and motivating experience in a gorgeous setting. I would recommend either weekend

and anytime is a good time to visit Ottawa.

TakeAHike

That's a great comeback race for you Lily.  It's obviously not as fast as you were in the spring, but it is a good indication that you are regaining your fitness.  I hope your recovery continues to go well.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

LRB

Love the legs and boots, I'll read the report once my eyeball is full.

BruceD555

Outstanding rebound race, Lily! It looks like you had a fabulous time sightseeing around Ottawa and even got in a confidence run Wink

Train smart ... race smarter.

meaghansketch

Congratulations on a great race, Julie!  What a great comeback!  I would love to do a race in Ottawa, I was born there and it is such a beautiful city!  Hope you continue to recover well and get back to 100% in your training and racing.

RSX

I want to see Ottawa. Great race report and nice pictures.

tracilynn

nice comebackCool nice legsCool

~~~~~~~

Traci

Rondog65

Great job, very inspirational with your recovery, dedication and the results.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Very cool report, Lily.

To do so well after injury and recovery is amazing.  And Canadian patriotism is not a thing to be taken lightly, haha.  I got a small taste of it when the World Junior hockey championships were in Buffalo;  Canadians filled the arena in a raucous sea of red and white while the good guys lit it up against Russia.

There seems to be a picture of two rock stars where you were talking about trailer trash.  Surely, some mistake. Cool