Beginners and Beyond

new here (Read 107 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hi All. .I knew about this forum from that other place, was posting there in the Beginners Forum until I got banned Friday. Apparently starting a thread a to why you won't do a race is against the rules. Or since the last thing I posted was the going rate on Baltimore races, maybe that is way too controversial. Anyway, hopefully I won't offend anyone too much

Oh yea, about running and all that stuff. I'm mostly doing 5 and 10ks, trying to get under 25 minutes for a 5k. So far that hasn't happened. Been doing races for about 4 years. I only started because my employer had a wellness plan where you could earn a set number of points and get an extra day off. Until they added points for 5ks and other activities that supported them, I had to either pick up smoking to get points for quitting or gain some weight so I could get points for the weight loss challenges. Running a few 5k seemed to be a better option. And I got my extra day off.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I heard about that thread but never got to read it.  From what I heard it was not bad or ban worthy.

Welcome!  Feel free to open that thread here.

Damaris

RSX

Hi All. .I knew about this forum from that other place, was posting there in the Beginners Forum until I got banned Friday. Apparently starting a thread a to why you won't do a race is against the rules. Or since the last thing I posted was the going rate on Baltimore races, maybe that is way too controversial. Anyway, hopefully I won't offend anyone too much

Oh yea, about running and all that stuff. I'm mostly doing 5 and 10ks, trying to get under 25 minutes for a 5k. So far that hasn't happened. Been doing races for about 4 years. I only started because my employer had a wellness plan where you could earn a set number of points and get an extra day off. Until they added points for 5ks and other activities that supported them, I had to either pick up smoking to get points for quitting or gain some weight so I could get points for the weight loss challenges. Running a few 5k seemed to be a better option. And I got my extra day off.

That thread was great as was the kid on the trail race one. I thought the thread went away after I dissed the price of the $75 RW Half in my area. Was it a perma ban or temporary one?

LRB

Welcome!  Feel free to open that thread here and get banned on two sites.

FYP. 

Sike.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FYP. 

Sike.  lol

Don't scare Half Crazy already, sheesh!

Damaris

LRB

Don't scare Half Crazy already, sheesh!

I said sike, that's East Side for joking. 

Anyway, hopefully I won't offend anyone too much

Hi and welcome.  We're not easily offended here.

Hip Redux

Hey, we haven't banned Fsocks yet, chances are you are safe here.   lol

Welcome!!

happylily

Never mind lame races... Who do you vote for? Who do you pray to? And what's your opinion on BMI? Let's get that party rolling! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Never mind lame races... Who do you vote for? Who do you pray to? And what's your opinion on BMI? Let's get that party rolling! 

We don't talk about politics or religion.  Sheesh; I would have to ban half of you if we do! 

Damaris

Hip Redux

We don't talk about politics or religion.  Sheesh; I would have to ban half of you if we do! 

It's never a good idea to talk politics in mixed company.  And definitely don't start a conversation with "Those bleeding heart liberals are friggin morons!" like my uncle-in-law did yesterday at a wedding.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's never a good idea to talk politics in mixed company.  And definitely don't start a conversation with "Those bleeding heart liberals are friggin morons!" like my uncle-in-law did yesterday at a wedding.  

Damaris

happylily

But I'm in a fighting mood! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

You probably scared her off already.

LRB

Aack!  lol