Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Tell us all about it...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm falling asleep as we speak!

9 miles with hubby tonight.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I woke up in plenty of time to run this morning with plenty of energy. Unfortunately, I also woke up with awful stomach pain. That is completely my fault. Thinking I was over the gastritis, I stopped taking the omeprezol a few days ago. Bad idea. I took my pill and waited out to see if the pain would go away in time to run. It did not SadSad I did however watch the entire 52 minute Marathon Challenge PBS special on YouTube and learned lots about what training does to my body while I laid in bed..... that's kind of like running right? Yeah, I know, not so much. I started a thread with the link to the video if anyone is interested....it's a really interesting video.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Morning everyone!

Kristin, feel better. I saw that video a few weeks ago, at first I felt bad about dropping out of the marathon til I saw their times.

i start my new job (finally) on Monday so taking the opportunity to go run around NYC. Should be fun!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Have fun lilac!!! Wish I could join you....pesky work!!!

Some of their times were really really good!!

Morning everyone!

Kristin, feel better. I saw that video a few weeks ago, at first I felt bad about dropping out of the marathon til I saw their times.

i start my new job (finally) on Monday so taking the opportunity to go run around NYC. Should be fun!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work today, I am picking up my packet for my 5K on Halloween tomorrow night and then I will be heading to the YMCA to do a hill run in the area around the Y.  Nice to use the Y as a base, because it is raining pretty good today so I will probably get soaked on my run - cuz I don't do the treadmill thing, I have to run outside -  so nice to have the hot showers waiting for me back at the Y.

Good luck with your hubby run, Damaris.   And....WAKE UP!

Sorry about the return of the gastritis, Kristin, hope you feel better!

Happy NYC running, Lilac!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

And congrats on the new job Lilac!

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING and I have two good runs to report and I know few people care but I'm going to tell you about them anyway....

Last night:  8.2 miles at 7:56 pace.  Medium effort.  Felt pretty sluggish the first two miles, but then my legs magically woke up.  Good run.

This morning:  I hit the gym early for a treadmill speed workout.  I hadn't done one of those in over five weeks because of my race schedule, so I was kind of dreading it.  1/2 mile intervals.  8 miles at 7:03 avg pace.  Speed interval paces went 6:21, 6:01, 5:53, 5:40, 5:35, 5:35, 5:43, 5:45.  I felt great and nailed that workout.  At no point did I feel like I couldn't finish the intervals (been there before).  Good stuff.  Then I drove 45 minutes to work, got out of the car, and my legs were like WTF.

World Series game six tonight which means late to bed.  *sigh*  Gonna be a looooong day.

Kristin, hope your stomach feels better.  Sad

lilac, enjoy running around NYC!

Have a great day, y'all!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

lilac, hoping to see you soon!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy October 30th!

On this day in history: 

Henry VII of England was crowned king in 1485 at Westminster Abbey, finally ending the War of the Roses.

In 1775, the first US Navy was formed.  In 1864, Helena, the capital of Montana, was founded.

In 1938, Orson Welles panics the USA with a radio broadcast of HG Welles' "War of the Worlds".

In 1989, August A Busch III (Anheuser-Busch company/family founders) becomes CEO of St Louis Cardinals....beer for everyone!

In 2012, Walt Disney purchased Lucasfilm Ltd and its rights for Star Wars and Indiana Jones for $4.05 billion...Mickey...come over to the Dark Side.....

Today's Holidays

National Candy Corn Day - something I actually like!

Mischief Night - On which people play harmless (hopefully harmless) pranks on friends, family, etc, in anticipation of Halloween.  This night seems to have its beginning in Ye Olde England

Create A Great Funeral Day - Based on the book Creating Your Own Funeral or Memorial Service: A Workbook,by Stephanie West Allen, and first begun in 1999. The idea behind Create a Great Funeral Day is to think about how you would like to be remembered and to let others you love know how you’d like your life celebrated.

candy corn cartoons, candy corn cartoon, funny, candy corn picture, candy corn pictures, candy corn image, candy corn images, candy corn illustration, candy corn illustrations

candy corn cartoons, candy corn cartoon, funny, candy corn picture, candy corn pictures, candy corn image, candy corn images, candy corn illustration, candy corn illustrations

KEYWORD1  2003-11-01  holiday  halloween  tp  tping  toilet paper  bathroom  potty  tp-ing a house

KEYWORD1  2003-10-31  holiday  halloween  trick or treat  trick or treating  hoodlum  hoodlums  teen

KEYWORD1  2002-07-09  2009-08-24  cat  cats  feline  felines  dog  dogs  canine

KEYWORD1  1998-10-29  halloween  zz top  music  rock band  rock  rock and roll  hair  long hair

KEYWORD1  2012-04-01  telephone  telephones  phone  phones  cell phone  cell phones  cellphone  cell

KEYWORD1  2012-02-08  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

prank cartoons, prank cartoon, funny, prank picture, prank pictures, prank image, prank images, prank illustration, prank illustrations

prank cartoons, prank cartoon, funny, prank picture, prank pictures, prank image, prank images, prank illustration, prank illustrations

KEYWORD1  2009-04-29  too bad his editor dies first  editor  editors  writer  writers  headstone  he

KEYWORD1  2007-08-17  nail  nails  door nail  door nails  doornail  doornails  coffin  coffins

funeral cartoons, funeral cartoon, funny, funeral picture, funeral pictures, funeral image, funeral images, funeral illustration, funeral illustrations

funeral cartoons, funeral cartoon, funny, funeral picture, funeral pictures, funeral image, funeral images, funeral illustration, funeral illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Today's Holidays

National Candy Corn Day - something I actually like!

I didn't know this but it is now MY NEW FAVORITE HOLIDAY! 

<3

Dad on the run.

No sure why but I found this rather funny this morning...

and my legs were like WTF.

Docket - WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

Kristin - That sucks about the stomach issues, hope you feel better soon

Lilac - Congrats on the new job and enjoy the run around NYC!

Baboon - some serious speed you got going for you, can I borrow some?

AFM - I went for a 35 min run lastnight, covered 3.6 miles and the best part, wait for it.... PAIN FREE!! I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm not complaining. I started doing the Jillian's 30DS again and I did that 25 min workout right before my run, it had squats, side lunges and lunges in it plus I rolled right after the workout and then went and ran. My hips and quads felt tired the first mile but after that it started feeling better. The area around the knee felt rather stiff but I'll take stiff over hurting.

Edit : Just saw the national candy corn post. Have any of you mixed your candy corn with salted peanuts? mmm mmm mmm.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love candy corn!

Damaris

Hip Redux

Candy corn is gross.  Sorry folks.  DOWN WITH ORANGE WAXY SHITTY CANDY.

Heh.

I am having trouble sleeping lately which is so not me.  I think this not working out thing is leaving me with way too much energy at night.   I usually hit the bed and BLAM asleep.

Sigh.

In other news, I have purchased no Halloween candy.   And I don't feel like handing it out this year.   Am I turning into Scrooge?  We get like 5 kids, so it's a lot of waiting around hoping the doorbell will ring.