Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday DAILIES (Read 37 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

Candy corn is gross.  Sorry folks.  DOWN WITH ORANGE WAXY SHITTY CANDY.

Heh.

I am having trouble sleeping lately which is so not me.  I think this not working out thing is leaving me with way too much energy at night.   I usually hit the bed and BLAM asleep.

Sigh.

In other news, I have purchased no Halloween candy.   And I don't feel like handing it out this year.   Am I turning into Scrooge?  We get like 5 kids, so it's a lot of waiting around hoping the doorbell will ring.

But....but....Mr O gives me your leftovers.  Sad

<3

LRB

Candy corn is gross.

+1

There is a reason that it, white jelly beans, black licorice, butterscotch and peppermint hard candy are always in the dish; it's because no one eats them. lol

Now those peanut butter nuggets in the black or orange wrappers rock!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

CANDY CORN IS NOT GROSS!

Damaris

Hip Redux

But....but....Mr O gives me your leftovers.  Sad

I'll buy you some candy corn when it's 50% off at CVS.  Tongue

LRB

CANDY CORN IS NOT GROSS!

Okay, super sugary?

O, isn't it always 50% off?

Baboon

delicate flower

I'll buy you some candy corn when it's 50% off at CVS.  Tongue

Candy corn must be Brach's brand.  CVS sells their house brand.  I suggest hitting up Walgreens instead.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Okay, super sugary?

O, isn't it always 50% off?

Perfect for carbo loading, I'd say.

Damaris

Hip Redux

Candy corn must be Brach's brand.  CVS sells their house brand.  I suggest hitting up Walgreens instead.

I totally LOLed at the fact that you have a favorite brand of that stuff!   I'm going to do a taste test and see if you can really tell the difference, you candy corn EXPERT.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Couldn't sleep so Rocky and I ran our 5.7 miles tonight, ending October with 104 miles. We met a Dobie along the route, you cannot mistake a Doberman Pinscher's shadow for anything else and I can't tell  you how much praying I did as I held Rocky and my pepper spray, thankfully this big, beautiful boy was friendly and just wanted play. But unlike other dogs who yip, yap and bark excitedly when wanting to play, this guy just quietly and confidently did all the moves - play boy, running in circles, running back to his yard and then to us. I'd have to say he was 70-80 lbs easy, Rocky is only around 54 lbs. Had to stand there for 5 minutes until his owner FINALLY called him back inside, and we were back on our run. I couldn't help but wonder what an awesome running partner a Dobie would make.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Brachs candy corn is definitely better than that crappy generic stuff.  I used to hate candy corn, but have come around.  At work they do sometimes have a dish of it with salted peanuts, and I need to stay far, far away from it.

I have also learned to appreciate candy corn's cousin, those little candy pumpkins.

LRB

According to this list of best Halloween candies, these apparently are the shiz:

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all!

Freesoul - Do you remember Lacer from RWOL? She had a dobie who was a great running partner, though she had to be more careful with him in the winter because they have a shorter coat.
                          Oski - You are smarter than me in not buying Halloween candy. I bought it too early, opened it, and I think the stupid little bite-sized Snickers and 3 Musketeers apparently have gluten in them, even though the regular and snack sized bars don't. Tight lips

I was out early to meet a group for 3 miles, followed by hearing about two members' adventures with a 24-hour endurance run over the weekend (I did the same one last year; I was glad to hear they enjoyed it also - she ran a PB of 54 miles, he covered 92.5) and to send a couple of others off with good wishes for the New York City Marathon this weekend.

I'm meeting another friend at noon to run, and will get another 8 miles to make up for what I cut short yesterday. Feeling better today.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

According to this list of best Halloween candies, these apparently are the shiz:

I've heard about those but never tried them.  Must resist.

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I totally LOLed at the fact that you have a favorite brand of that stuff!   I'm going to do a taste test and see if you can really tell the difference, you candy corn EXPERT.

buy him all the candy corn you want - I won't touch it!

but don't you dare bring over reeses pieces.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

5 Mile Pace run this morning on the TM. My heart rate has crept up a little bit, so I think I need to slide in to the harder workouts again after having a couple of easier recovery weeks.

Unfortunately my Halloween evening will be at a family/prayer service for my Grandpa. I honestly don't know why the family decided to do it that way. It does sort of irk me, considering that they could have picked basically any other day.

In other news, I have my Halloween Potluck tomorrow at work. I'm planning on doing this oatmeal recipe since no one else is bringing breakfast stuff.

- Andrew