Beginners and Beyond

Spooktacular Dailies (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I made to the gym this morning, worked on shoulders. By the time I finished, the drizzle had become rain with winds and the temp had gone from 49 to 45.... my Levitate 2s were going to get soaked 🤬

😔 I'm not feeling any more confident than I did yesterday, but I toughed it out for 3.3 miles. Things were very stiff where my shin meets my foot, both feet. I would run .2-.3 then walk .1 in hopes it would help and I also stretched my shins and calves and ITB.

Someone tell me where I can get a cortisone injection!!!!

But seriously, I dealt with this bullshit last year and it had me out for 3-6 weeks because I couldn't figure out what the deal was. Since then I've learned I have poor blood circulation (thank you hereditary diabetes 😠) and can only make due when I can.

So, epsom salt baths, herbal ointments, foam rolling, sticking, heating pads and ice it shall be... along with ibuprofen and Hammer Nutrition's Tissue Rejuvenator capsules. 

Enough about my 1st World problems, how's everyone else?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Talked to a rugby player I often see running in the park in the mornings while I'm on my commute.

I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. He was wearing a hat, gloves, a nylon jacket and nylon pants. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Finishing the project so I can leave early and maybe miss some of the snow and wind. It’s a long drive.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning! Woke up coughing at 4am and didn't have much luck after that. My lungs didn't appreciate the run in the rain last night, even though I went full bank robber and wore a buff over my mouth to keep some of the moisture out (if that's even a thing). I was hoping for a recovery pace run, but it ended up being a little faster 7 miler with some buddies at the running group. All in good fun.

LRB...hope you got to the Zinc!

FreeSoul...sounds like you're trying EVERYTHING you can think of. Good luck!

Cyberic...we're tough, what can you say Smile

Docket...winter drives are coming...boo!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeap. Although I didn’t expect my first to be for a 4 hour drive!!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Morning!  Finishing the project so I can leave early and maybe miss some of the snow and wind. It’s a long drive.

Watch out for the crazies who think 4WD or AWD means they can drive like there's no snow on the roads.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Yeap. Although I didn’t expect my first to be for a 4 hour drive!!

OOF. Safe travels!!

bluerun

Super B****

My back suddenly started hurting yesterday afternoon for no good reason, but I went climbing anyway because the thought of new auto routes was just too enticing. And it's been a long time since I left the gym knowing that there's still a problem for me to work on, so I can go back tonight and not be bored! After my chiro hopefully fixes my back today, anyway.

Also, I can't believe I didn't do this a few days ago, but.

Does this mean I can PR in Boston, if we get good weather?? Oh, wait... Boston. Good weather. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Rainy day - of course the one year my child has a battery powered Halloween costume is the one year that it is supposed to rain ALL evening! Gonna seal the battery pack in a Ziploc bag and hope for the best.

Heading out for 6-7 easy miles soonish.

From the Internet.

Does this mean I can PR in Boston, if we get good weather?? Oh, wait... Boston. Good weather. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Loool I am training with <3:10 fitness in mind but expecting that I'll probably run more like 3:25.

Baboon

delicate flower

Trick or treat and GIVE ME CANDY.  Speaking of which, I had a dentist appointment this morning to take care of a cavity.  WORTH IT.  Now the right side of my face is numb, which is very annoying.  Anyway, I jogged five miles before work in the rain.  Headlamp and nuke vest needed.  Tempo run tonight, which will most likely also be done in the rain.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

On the topic of marathon pains, yesterday my hip was killing me, to the point that it hurt to walk.  I felt nothing in any runs, but then I woke up yesterday with the sharp pain, enough to make me think something was wrong.  But then I jogged just fine this morning, and now it doesn't hurt at all.  What the hell??

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rainy day - of course the one year my child has a battery powered Halloween costume is the one year that it is supposed to rain ALL evening! Gonna seal the battery pack in a Ziploc bag and hope for the best.

Heading out for 6-7 easy miles soonish.

A week ago the forecast was threatening snow, my brother and sister were freaking out, it has since turned to rain. Forecast claims the rain will clear out later today. Doesn't bother me none, my little guy doesn't eat candy so we don't go trick or treating.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

of course. It's a downhill course. You can coast to a PR. 

Baboon

delicate flower

<3