Beginners and Beyond

On the Road Again SaturDAILIES (Read 34 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Yes, you read that right: the ROAD!

Not the belt, not the track, the ROAD!

It's it time for my first outdoor run in a month - 20 miles of glorious, mostly snow-cleared streets in 28* (feels like 18*)! I'll have company for the first 14 miles, which will also be nice. Then a busy day of making treats for church, helping DS and his 4-H club volunteer at the local animal shelter, and date night with DH for dinner and the symphony. Going to sleep well tonight!

Make it great, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Oh, and my last outdoor run? That was on this day:

<---------

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Happy Saturday!  HOORAY for road running, Step!  Enjoy your 20 glorious miles.  Speaking of which, I am heading out for 18-20 myself in a bit.  30 degrees right now and will warm up to the mid 40's.  WOO HOO!

9.5 hours of sleep last night.  That's what I'm talkin about.

<3

Hey! Did I mention I ran outside IN SHORTS last night? It was 40 degrees, and it was awesome. May not be repeating the same feat today, as it is more like 30, but that still sounds pretty good. Will be going out for something a bit later this morning. Even though I have been up since 4:30 AM for no good reason. I woke up to go pee, since I have been drinking so much damn water, then I went back to bed but my stomach started making noises, imploring me to feed it. WTF stomach, you can't wait till a reasonable hour on a Saturday morning? So anyway I gave in & had breakfast & coffee at 5AM. Blergh.

Dave

9.5 hours of sleep last night.  That's what I'm talkin about.

F**k you.

Dave

LRB

Supp yo!

I will be heading to my loop for speed work as I have not been to the track to see if it and a path to it is clear.   It will be nice to run without thermal bottoms on and three pair of gloves so I am really giddy about todays run.

That will be in a few hours though, right now I am just chillin.

happylily

Morning!

Shari, I want your day. All of it sounds like so much fun! What is playing at the symphony?

8 recovery miles for me and I need to keep them really really slow. I have a LR tomorrow with MP miles and my legs are not feeling fresh at the moment. Not a good sign. I think I'll go for a nice hike at the mountain, later with SO. Maybe that will loosen up things in the legs. Or maybe it'll make things worse. We'll see.

Have a great Saturday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning to y'all, and Happy Saturday, Dailies!

I have been a bit negligent in my posting this week - sorry. 3 miles each on Tuesday and Thursday, and I'm planning a 3-4 miler today, easy pace. Still struggling with a bit of lower AB pain and left adductor, but it's much better. Basically just taking shorter, easy paced runs to let it heal. Hopefully by next weekend when I attempt the Gate River Run 15K (for which I am woefully undertrained). The knee has been fairly good as long as I don't push to do too much. Always OK during the run, always a little sore the next day but as long as I keep that soreness down to a minimum, I'm OK. I think...

Good news and bad news on the work front - bad news is that in a couple of weeks, I will be back on my rotating shift schedule.

The good news is that I didn't get an RIF (reduction in force) notice so I still have a chair. The final phase of this long, drawn-out "restructuring" process should come to an end next Tuesday. Which is in itself a relief.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I have a LR tomorrow with MP miles...

I am going to experiment with something like this later this summer in lieu of standard long slow runs, which I have determined completely bore the shit out of me.  They are the main reason I have come to loathe marathon training.

So by moving my Saturday speed work to Sunday and intermixing it with my long run, I may be able to keep things interesting.  Stay tuned for that...

LRB

Hey! Did I mention I ran outside IN SHORTS last night? It was 40 degrees, and it was awesome. May not be repeating the same feat today, as it is more like 30, but that still sounds pretty good.

Yeah it is 30 degrees on my side of town but with a steady breeze of 14 MPH it is cold.  I am not complaining though as I should be able to have a quality workout even with a windchill of 19.  That sure as shit beats what I have been running in the past three months!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I will run tonight.  You heard that right.  2-4 miles.

Damaris

happylily

Morning!  I will run tonight.  You heard that right.  2-4 miles.

Be careful! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Yes, D, be careful. Any sign of unwarranted pain and you'd better stop running and walk instead.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for caring and that is the plan.  Any pain whatsoever (even from the psoas which was screwed up during surgery due to the prodding) I am walking back.  If I don't do it on the TM, we'll see.

Damaris

Zelanie

Good luck, D!

I have 4 tonight late after we get home from DD's robotics tournament.  If anybody is interested, you can watch the live stream here.  The best rounds will be after 1:15 Pacific today.  DD's team is #997.