Beginners and Beyond

On the Road Again SaturDAILIES (Read 34 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

A robotics tournament - actually sounds like fun. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

I am going to experiment with something like this later this summer in lieu of standard long slow runs, which I have determined completely bore the shit out of me.  They are the main reason I have come to loathe marathon training.

So by moving my Saturday speed work to Sunday and intermixing it with my long run, I may be able to keep things interesting.  Stay tuned for that...

Rick, I'm curious to see if it will have an impact on the quality of your speedwork. It definitely does on mine. My intervals are far from what they should be when I attempt them.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Good luck, D!

I have 4 tonight late after we get home from DD's robotics tournament.  If anybody is interested, you can watch the live stream here.  The best rounds will be after 1:15 Pacific today.  DD's team is #997.

Zelanie, that is so cool! Good luck to your DD! Thanks for the link!

From the Internet.

Hi all! I did 7 miles for the first time ever this morning with my club! Finished feeling good, my last mile was my fastest (9:44). Club members are now trying to put crazy ideas in my head, like a 15k at the end of the month or a half that a bunch of them are running May 4th. Given my injury history I will probably continue to be conservative and not actually participate, but it feels pretty great to have completing those longer events be semi-realistic goals now Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I finally have coffee filters and just had my first cup of coffee this morning. I was going to do my 15 miler this morning, but DH had to go into the shop at 7 AM for some early deliveries, so sadly I have to run tomorrow morning  which means either I decide on running before everyone else is up in 20something degrees and in tights, or wait until a little later and wear my capris when it is in the 30's........... decisions, decisions, decisions.

Oh and in about an hour or 2, Rocky, Dorian and I will be going for a walk in this beautiful 50 degree weather. So far, I think that winter has finally loosened it's grip on my area Smile or at least I am starting to get my hopes up, 10 day forecast is showing the next 10 days with temps in the 50s, some in the 60s..... still my morning runs aren't going to see the 40's but that is okay - I can take Dorian and Rocky for walks later during the warmer part of the days.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Saturday everyone! I went out early (for me) and got 11 miles in. It was a really nice run. It's a gorgeous day here and lots of people were out on the greenway. This time last year running 11 miles had me cursing life, the universe, and everything. Today I enjoyed every moment and the only reason I didn't stay longer is it's my FIL's birthday and celebrations are to ensue here in a bit.

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

delicate flower

WHOOP WHOOP!  20 miles at 8:49 pace on a gorgeous day.  Good times.  My first 20 miler in 17 months, and my first one down with 11 weeks until my marathon.  Only 13 sec/mile off my current marathon PR pace.  I'm going to kick that marathon's ass.

<3

LRB

Rick, I'm curious to see if it will have an impact on the quality of your speedwork. It definitely does on mine. My intervals are far from what they should be when I attempt them.

I would actually do the speed portion during the first half of the run and finish it easy.  Mind you, I am only talking 12 to 15 miles total, as I really do not want to get bogged down with long runs.

happylily

I would actually do the speed portion during the first half of the run and finish it easy.  Mind you, I am only talking 12 to 15 miles total, as I really do not want to get bogged down with long runs.

Out of curiosity, I counted how many runs of 20, 22, 24 and 26.2 miles I've done in the last 12 months: 21.  Maybe one day I'll feel secure enough in my ability to run the distance and I will stop running so many darn LRs...

DavePNW

18.1 miles at 9:07, with mile 18 at 7:56. 

It was kind of a grind out there today, maybe because I ran last night & had about 14 hours between runs. Oh yeah and I've been up since 4:30AM for no good reason. But it got done.

Dave

LRB

Out of curiosity, I counted how many runs of 20, 22, 24 and 26.2 miles I've done in the last 12 months: 21.  Maybe one day I'll feel secure enough in my ability to run the distance and I will stop running so many darn LRs...

Just reading that almost sent me me into delirium!  Your volleyballs are definitely bigger than mine girl!

My long runs will likely be time based and capped and two and a half hours.  Of course this is all preliminary and will remain fluid through the summer months.

LRB

Hi all! I did 7 miles for the first time ever this morning with my club!

Awesomeness!  Way to be smart on those longer distances as well.  Continue to build your base, those races will be there.

Nice runs Boon, Dave and Hobbit!

StepbyStep-SH

It was wonderful to be back outside. The run was slow overall - probably around 10:15 pace. It was mostly legs feeling tired that held me back, the cardio and fueling parts were no problem. 8 miles in the middle also included walk breaks with the group I ran with - the rest was done without walk breaks. I tried compression sleeves since my calves have been tight lately, and I think they did help.

But it was OUTSIDE with SUNSHINE!!!

Now I gotta hustle - too much to do for this lady to put her feet up, at least at the moment.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi all! I did 7 miles for the first time ever this morning with my club! Finished feeling good, my last mile was my fastest (9:44). Club members are now trying to put crazy ideas in my head, like a 15k at the end of the month or a half that a bunch of them are running May 4th. Given my injury history I will probably continue to be conservative and not actually participate, but it feels pretty great to have completing those longer events be semi-realistic goals now Smile

That is awesome, especially with the injuries and setbacks in 2013!  Nice milestone!

Damaris

LRB

I ended up with 10 miles which included a set of 5 x 1200's at "I" pace (basically 5k pace) and yes, them shits are tough!  I got it done but man it was a struggle.

I got light headed again (blood sugar crash) around mile 4 which just so happened to be while I passed my truck (coincidence?) so I stopped at it and scarfed down a peanut butter gel, then got right into the speed portion of my workout.  That fucker was yummo by the way!

There is something about speed work that sucks all of the life and will out of you while you are out there with your tongue dragging across the ground, so much so that you begin to doubt yourself, abilities and goals.

Funny though how every time on the way home you realize how you just kicked ass, and start dreaming of race day magic all over again!