Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty for the Weekend, but its Thursday Penguins (Read 23 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

We weren't allowed to swim during thunderstorms.  Wait ... what?  Maybe THAT'S what happened to my hair!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Lauren- Congrats on getting your first 1 hour run in!  The ice cream is a balboa bar, ice cream dipped in chocolate and then your choice of toppings.  I like crushed oreos. Smile  They will also dip frozen bananas, for when you are trying to be good, and frozen slices of cheesecake, for when you want to go wild and crazy.

tracilynn

Zel, wow I need one of those! I would dip it in Oreos too! Have a great vacation.

lauren, don't jinx me Big grin nice run girlie

jack, the description of my kayak pic was a little exaggerated and you will be greatly disappointed.  BUT BUT.,,, if you get on FB and friend Steph she has pics  of her doing yoga on a surf board in the ocean while wearing a string bikini!  Back bends, down dog etc. no exaggeration!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is so humid down here, my hair looks like that right now.

We weren't allowed to swim during thunderstorms.  Wait ... what?  Maybe THAT'S what happened to my hair!!

Damaris

Bin Running

Mel, I want one of those. Dipped in mini M&M please.

Snap! yet to check out traci photo.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 25!  Today is National Chili-Dog Day and Merry-Go-Round Day!

merry go round cartoons, merry go round cartoon, merry go round picture, merry go round pictures, merry go round image, merry go round images, merry go round illustration, merry go round illustrations

merry go round cartoons, merry go round cartoon, merry go round picture, merry go round pictures, merry go round image, merry go round images, merry go round illustration, merry go round illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

TxDiverMom

Morning penguins!  I was supposed to run this morning with a group, but I'm not a morning runner and just couldn't go to bed early enough to get my lazy butt out of bed.  I'll be doing 4 or so this evening in the Houston heat.

Form clinic last night was fun and let me know what I'm doing now is correct.  I can't believe I managed to run at all with my form last year.  We did some drills and it was all good.  I think better form (along with track work) has helped my speed considerably.  It's amazing how much better you run when you hold your head up and breathe!  Wink

good morning friends-

sorry for the fly by and lack of personals. Yesterday I did my first double. 6.8 in the am and then 4.8 in the evening. Today I was wanting to get in 4, but I saw one of my teachers from school running, so I ran with her for a ways. I ended up getting in 4.75.

Make today great.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today will be another 100 degree day in San Antonio!  Happy happy joy joy! Roll eyes   I got up at 5 a.m. this morning and went to one of the many Y's in San Antonio (there are a total of 10 of them).  This one is pretty small but nice, right next door to one of the local parks, with many running trails available.  I ended up with 3.3 miles, doing the trails in the park and an adjacent neighborhood.  It was HOT, even at 6 a.m.  81 degrees already and humidity in the 80-percentile range. Sweat Sweat Sweat!  Did my post-run exercises in the air-conditioned Y, and then took a nice cold shower, which felt great.  As this Y is pretty small and not real busy that early, I had the whole locker room to myself, nice.

Vance, you missed chocolate ice cream day too, that was June 7.  Guess you'll just have to make up your own ice cream holiday today...spumoni day, maybe?  Congrats on your 7 yesterday.

Saved an earthworm, Traci?  I got to watch the sunrise on my run this morning too, it was very nice.  I was on a trail that was on a bluff and overlooked a golf course below.  Thankfully, while watching the sunrise, I did not fall over the bluff as I ran along, klutz that I am.

Happy GermanFest, Jerry!  And be careful there, those Germans haf  vays to make you behave! Wink

You woke up at 1 a.m. and still went out and ran at 4 a.m. Dave?  Hope you can power-nap at work a little!

Good luck with your training at work, Kristin!

Enjoy dinner at Mum's, Bin.

12 miles DONE? You ran in the a.m., Damaris?  The world is ending..

Happy swim practice with DD, Jack!  Do you swim at the practice too? When it comes to swimming, I need all the practice I can get, lol.  Used to be a really good swimmer in my youth...not any more.

Enjoy the dinner with DH, Zelanie?  Tie?  Fancy!  Wishing you a safe trip to your vacation destination and a happy vacation!

Congrats on your long run, Lauren.  I would say enjoy Vermont, but...isn't New England having unseasonably very hot weather this summer? It might be hotter up there than where you are now!

Why can't you run, Hsm?  Are you still injured?  Happy chorus-ing tonite!

Congrats on your double yesterday, Tomas.  As for the run this morning, did you grade the teacher on her running?  Wink

Welcome back, txdivermom!  Well, LA to Houston...at least your weather will pretty much be the same that you're used to....humid, kinda 'swampy' heat...good luck with the 4 after work today!  Hopefully after sunset, as it is supposed to be hot all over Texas today....104 in Laredo, yikes!  About 100 every where else, including your neck of the woods!  Stay safe!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: no swimming for me. If it is not too hot, her morning swim time is when I get in my run. Not today, I have to get my classroom set up before we leave town again next week.

Congrats on your double yesterday, Tomas.  As for the run this morning, did you grade the teacher on her running?  Wink

A+ for having a smile and being out there in this nasty weather.

C for wanting to run on the wrong side of the street. I fixed that.

Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

SheCan

Good morning everyone!

LOL Vance, happy re-ice cream day to you!  Eat whatever flavor you want!

Traci-- good for you for getting your run in so early, and upping your karma by saving earthworms!  Some of that frozen yogurt is soooo yummy!  Your mentioning it makes me wanna go get some.

Dave--- that sounds like quite a storm.  Did you spot any damage while out on your run?

Jerry-- i'm sooo jealous!  I wanna go to the German fest.  Years ago we lived in Augsburg, Germany, and we were always going to the fests.  It made life so fun.  Sure do miss those days sometimes.

Hi Kristin!  Glad you're hanging in there.  Your job sounds quite demanding.

Bin-- hey ya!  Great job on your miles.  Enjoy your mum's cooking!

Docket-- awesome job on your 12 miles.  Nice that you get to work from home sometimes!

Jack-- very much enjoyed your RR.

Zelanie-- enjoy your evening out tonight, and have a safe trip tomorrow.  I know you gotta be hankering for that Balboa bar.  It sure sounds good.

Lauren-- nice milestone!   I remember being able to run for an hour straight for the first time was a wonderful feeling.  Its like proof of how strong you're really getting.

HopesMom and Docket.... LOL@ that picture!  I swear my hair always looks like that one a good day,  and some days a  lot worse.  Thanks for the laugh.  He's so darned cute... gotta look at him again.

Hi ya TxDiverMom (Melissa) , I don't recall meeting you before.  The form clinic sounds super cool.  Did you have any trouble changing up how you normally run?

Hey Mr T-Rod.  Nice that you got a run in with a co-worker!

Scotty-- good for you for getting up that early and getting your run in.  Yikes @ that early heat.  I know how cranky I get when I have to run in it.  Good think you've got such a positive attitude.

Was a warmer, sunnier day today, but still pretty nice in the upper 70s.  I ran 5-1/2 and called it a day.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Sloooow.

Afternoon all. Broken record here, still sick! Partner has health insurance so he went to the doctor this morning, dx'd with viral pnuemonia so it's likely my problem too. Funny thing is, my chest is a lot worse than his, but he's acting like such a big baby, lol. Only thing worse than a sick kid is a sick man! Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Coralie!  Feel better!

Damaris

From the Internet.

Zelanie - Surprised That. sounds. AMAZING.

Scotty - I live in southern New England and the humidity has been brutal this summer, I expect it won't be too much different except that we'll be right next to a lake so I can just jump in the water if I get too hot Smile Confirmed that we are going up Friday night, so I will bring running gear and have a lakeside 3 or 4-miler Saturday morning!

Afternoon all. Broken record here, still sick! Partner has health insurance so he went to the doctor this morning, dx'd with viral pnuemonia so it's likely my problem too. Funny thing is, my chest is a lot worse than his, but he's acting like such a big baby, lol. Only thing worse than a sick kid is a sick man! Wink

Haha totally agree.. My DH is the biggest baby about getting sick. Hope you feel better soon!