Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES For Wednesday (Read 50 times)

Just B.S.

Just swimming today.

I'm in taper and the spring allergies are killing me. I feel like my head weighs 1,000 pounds

and I don't feel like running today so I'm not!LOL  

Plus since I'm in taper I figured I should cut down on the doubles 3 times/week, which for me

means either swim/run or bike/run. For the next 11 days I'm only doing one workout per day. Then

on the 12th day I shall run a marathon.Smile

Pink and Ami, thinking good running thoughts for both you ladies.

Have a good day folks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha, Bruce.  April Rumner?  I am on the iPhone so no avis and I was kind of confused as to why April was talking to herself.

Damaris

YAYpril - B-Plus

AprilRumner. LOL.

LRB

I would totally pay $8 for wifi on the plane.

+1 without hesitation!

Supp Flo, Kristin, Lilac, D, B, April, Pink, Beth, D2, Boon, Bruce and Dave! 

I got in 7 miles on the nose, in 60 minutes flat, something I could not do again if my life depended on it!  It was warm out but with just a bit of a chill in the air, which made it absolutely perfect!

For no other reason than it just felt like a great morning, I, like my man Dave P on the other side of town, extended my run.  It was just 1 mile extra for me but I really enjoyed that. 

I may just make my Wednesday run a 7 mile one moving forward.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Since I have a little time, I'll give the personals thing a shot...

flarunner - sounds like a pleasant and peaceful run

D2 - I can certainly relate to the rain after my race this weekend, hope the weather is more kind for the rest of your miles

Baboon -  hope you and the Mrs. have a kick ass vacation!

Bruce - recovery miles in nice weather sound just lovely - looks like April wrote her RR. I was looking forward to the Chinese Restaurant Revenge RR Big grin

Kristin - kudos to knocking out those early miles, I know that isn't always easy to do

Lilac - Enjoy the bike ride. I need to dust mine off. It's lonely in the garage.

Damaris - i admire you for knocking out all those miles in that awful Miami weather. Humidity and pollen try to kill me some days.

Basya - looks like the nutrition plan is working Big grin- you're knocking out those miles and workouts like a machine

Dave - way to knock out the morning run - and I think you're an awesome Dad taking your daughter to a concert. Those are the kinds of memories kids cherish.

Pink - a day with no plans can be the best kind of day - keeping fingers crossed for good results from the MRI

April - looking forward to your RR, enjoy your miles after work

Just B.S. - Enjoy your swim. I feel your allergy pain. All the beautiful trees and flowers are trying to kill me.

LRB - way to knock out the 7, sometimes that extra mile just feels so good.

As for me - I'm off work today, so I'm going to catch up on all the domestic stuff that's been neglected since we were out of town over the weekend. I've already started to conquer Mt. Laundry. Will begin my errands safari soon. I work harder on my days off than when I work sometimes!

Will get some yoga in today and have some miles on tap this afternoon with my running partner.

Have a great day!

B-Plus

Good morning!

6 miles on schedule for tonight.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

it will be three or four slow recovery miles for me. My legs are getting back to normal, but it's definitely a process.  Have a good day.

Hip Redux

Good girl. Because you should know I would do it. Wink

LMAO!

Zelanie

Morning!  My two mile run was successful yesterday, so today I'm going for three.  I figure it's always better to stop when I'm still feeling good rather than risk going to far and having to take more time off.

Hobbitlegs- I don't think I've gotten a chance to say welcome yet!

DaveP- I vote "good dad".  DH has taken our daughter (15) to several concerts in the past few years and it's been a good experience.  We've even let her miss school the next day a couple of times when the show was up in Seattle.  Sometimes all 3 of us will go to a show.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Baboon - Have a great trip!

5 Easy/Recovery Miles on the TM this morning. I was going to actually kick in some speed work but the post by Zelanie got me thinking that I was better served just doing some more recovery work until this weekend. My legs started feeling quite good yesterday, but missing one day of speedwork won't kill me. Things might workout better if I just watch my diet and drop a pound or two.

- Andrew

Zelanie

Hope it serves you well!

Morning dailies.

Baboon - Have a great trip!

5 Easy/Recovery Miles on the TM this morning. I was going to actually kick in some speed work but the post by Zelanie got me thinking that I was better served just doing some more recovery work until this weekend. My legs started feeling quite good yesterday, but missing one day of speedwork won't kill me. Things might workout better if I just watch my diet and drop a pound or two.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Busy day for me today so this may be the only shot I get to hop on.  I'm going to run 5 miles with the group tonight.  I'm looking forward to it since we have a bunch of people that ran the marathon and we can all rehash it.  My marathon pics are finally up, but I'm just going to by the prints since the cd is so expensive.  Maybe I'll scan a couple down the road to show you all what a wet dog I was!

Hope you all have great runs.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

I got out early for 9 miles, mostly just easy pace. And did a total of 60 push-ups, since a friend said our "homework" from the strength training class I missed yesterday was to do push-ups every day, I think in sets of 30-20-10, so I did those while I was stretching. Not long ago, I'd have had to do at least half of those from my knees - today it really didn't even seem all that tough to crank these out, though I might not drop as low as I should.

I think we will miss the band of snow that is coming through the Midwest today and tomorrow, but only by 50 miles or so. Crazy, crazy weather. It was 84* yesterday, tomorrow's high is 39*.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hi dailies!  It is beautifully warm and sunny this morning, huzzah!

FLA - the right way is better than the wrong way

D^2 - nice job

Baboon - we'll save some, but that leftover chinese might be a bad idea in a week...

RecoveryBruce - excellent

Kristin, Lilac, D, Basya - enjoy your day

DaveP - a good dad, definitely

Sarah - sometimes nothing is a good plan

AprilRun and AprilRuM - hahaha.  love it.

Beth - hope the allergies don't bug you too much.  I'm not overly allergic, but last night all the tree pollen really had my eyes itching.

Rick - 60 flat, just like that!

HobbitLegs - have fun with your chores adventures

B+ - good  morning, sir

Jack - they'll get there

Zelanie - nice job on the incremental recovery

Brrr - one pound, that's just a sweaty run away ;p

SIAR - cool, post a few if you get a chance

Step - good work on the pushups

Heading out for some easy miles, then hoping to make it a double later, since I'm off work and the weather is great.

Mmmmm...beer

LMAO @ AprilRumner!  Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!